Reminder: Blizzard was explicitly against dual spec being in TBC

You defeated your own “argument” within your own post.

This literally means they didn’t expect SoB to be as game-changing as it was. You basically just supported my argument. What you quoted from me is not false.

We can’t truly know why they decided to not touch it until WOTLK.

We also can’t truly know why decided not to add dual spec until WOTLK.

None of us were in there to hear the board meetings on these changes and their timelines to be added.

People were clamoring for dual spec just as hard throughout all of Classic Vanilla…

Did we ever get it? Nope.

It potentially indicates something they don’t want to touch…because they’ve never even given a public word on it.

1 Like

And during TBC they realized it was in fact game-changing. You can read dates can’t you?

That’s nice. How is any of this relevant?

It’s relevant because all we know is they made a clear decision to not add/change them in TBC. Since that’s how history actually played out.

1 Like

…and?

This isn’t a historical recreation.

Lmfao what? They literally called classic “a museum piece”. I can’t even anymore, lmao. I’m gonna get some lunch, I can’t with this anymore :sweat_smile:

This has already been explained ad-nauseam to him.

All he does is cherry-pick any statement that agrees with his sentiments including pulling whole quotes out of context and saying they support what he says.

At this point, he knows he is being dishonest, but seems to think he somehow can’t be dishonest if he explains his way out of any of this.

I mean, look at this:

He will argue to the death that these two statements agree with each other and are not contradictory. It’s like arguing red is blue and fire is cold. It’s schizophrenic.

Here’s a quote from Ion on the purpose of Classic servers:

“…because the second we start to substitute our modern judgment to solve problems from 12 years ago, we are deviating from our goal of a historical recreation of the game as it was, and making something different… and that is something we want to avoid.” - Ion

Literally calls it a historical recreation. Just take your L’s on this one dude.

1 Like

Youre reaching here. They’ve made much bigger changes that have had more impact on the game than dual spec would.

1 Like

Oh, a 14-year old post… wanna pull anything current?

2 Likes

Yeah, like gear that changes stats when you swap spec!

“…because the second we start to substitute our modern judgment to solve problems from 12 years ago, we are deviating from our goal of a historical recreation of the game as it was, and making something different… and that is something we want to avoid.”

---- Ion Hazzikostas

1 Like

He will cherry-pick a statement out of context and use it as “proof” now.

He will lie non-stop if it supports his opinion.

With #somechanges. I’m sorry that you can’t keep all of the facts together at the same time, but this isn’t a historical recreation if they also advocate for #somechanges.

People often think things are mutually exclusive when they aren’t, but in this case when we’re dealing with absolutes (accurate recreation vs inaccurate recreation), they are in fact mutually exclusive.

I know. That’s why he’s having to argue so fervently about when or where we knew things about Blizzard’s thinking, as if that red herring matters an iota. He’s trying to morph a mere personal preference into an authoritative position and it is hilariously failing.

We’re in TBCC, and Classic Servers already got changes anyway.

What Ion called it in an unattributed quote is irrelevant.

1 Like

I don’t personally care if they add dual spec or not… but it would be a good addition whether you wanna say it out loud or not. I’m done with this game the moment Lost Ark drops in NA… Classic in general is nothing soecial, it’s fun for a time and once that nostalgia has worn out it’s welcome… it’s pointless, it’s old beaten content. I only wanted the boost, everything else I was perfectly okay without any changes… but this community is TRASH. Friendly or reasonable people on this game are few and far between.

SOME CHANGES AHEAD

Our guiding principle in WoW Classic was to keep the game as true to the original as we could. With Burning Crusade Classic, we still want to make sure we’re providing an experience true to the Burning Crusade, maintaining the essential elements of the expansion that players expect. We also have some changes that we are making to maintain good experiences for players when they arrive in Outland.

With WoW Classic, we purposefully recreated the “spell batching” behavior from the original game. Though it was largely a relic of old technology, the idea of having this again in WoW Classic was popular with players, and seemed like something we should include in the name of authenticity. However, there is an inherent issue with spell-batching creating latency for players. We’d end up with players reporting bugs with spells and abilities like Blink or Pyroblast not working properly when it was actually a result of latency causing those abilities not to cast as expected. For Burning Crusade Classic, it’s being removed to improve that overall experience.

The raiding community is also more experienced now, and we want to provide the challenges players expect when stepping back into their favorite raids. To do this, we want to provide more challenging versions of the bosses in dungeons and raids by removing the changes that were made to them later in the expansion cycle. However, there are some changes we are likely to keep when original boss designs proved far more frustrating than challenging. As an example: M’uru initially had a lot of spell pushback, which was causing players to exclude spellcasters from their groups. We fixed this issue pretty quickly, and it’s something we’ll still include as a change when this boss becomes available in Sunwell Plateau—but the decrease to his health will likely revert to its original state. Players have asked to engage with the initial versions of bosses so they can see if the benefit of experience allows them to defeat bosses they previously struggled with, and we want to provide them with that opportunity.

Anything said prior to this is irrelevant. TBCC is not a museum piece.

1 Like

You guys will even throw dev quotes to the fire if it doesn’t support your cry for dual spec, it’s pretty comical. Like, at this point it’s clear, you will not even accept empirical evidence that lack of dual spec was intentional in favor of whining on and on for a feature that quite simply doesn’t belong, and purposefully never belonged.

Ok, the issue here is if you actually open the quotes, there’s no contradiction. Are you saying that because I’ve halted arena so far in S1 that I am not an arena player? The inference that you’re making from completely isolated bits of those posts is not even logical. With the full posts, the points I’m making are completely reasonable.

I AM an arena player.

I am NOT currently/actively doing arena in S1 due to issues.

These are not incongruent statements in any way, whatsoever. I don’t suddenly become a non-arena player because I stopped doing arena for a time. This isn’t schizophrenic, it’s plainly clear. What this shows is that you are being the dishonest one.

1 Like

See? Everything you just said to him?

Fwoosh

Out the window. He didn’t even read it.

Schizophrenic is exactly what this is.

I think the keyword here is “maintain”.

Not drastically altar, disfigure, or add on top of.

1 Like

Goalposts shifting…

1 Like

A quote from 2007 showing a dislike for Dual Spec is only empirical evidence that Blizzard held a position in 2007, it means nothing for modern Blizzard or TBCC.

I’m not sure why you can’t fathom this, but you genuinely can’t follow a basic argument and you’re actually worryingly fixated on things that don’t matter.

Sure, which is subjective, and more specifically subject to the opinions of Blizzard of present day, which confirms my argument: Blizzard gets the say and nothing holds them back other than their own internal present feelings on the matter.

2 Likes