Reminder: Blizzard was explicitly against dual spec being in TBC

Lol @ playing a re-released 14 year old game and complaining about “archaic and outdated methods”.

Everything in the game fits that category. You may not realise but the bosses are old and outdated. People have already cleared the last boss of the expansion … 14 years ago …

1 Like

Yea, but it was more than 2 times a week. 2-3 times a day depending on peoples schedule and when who was available for what. Like I’ve said before, Blizzard wanted people to get them feedback on changes they want for this expansion’s Classic release. Dual spec or something like it was highly requested then, and it’ll be highly requested till Blizz puts this argument to bed one way or the other now.

I’m confident that Blizzard knows how many times players respec and how worthwhile it’ll be to implement dual spec. It’ll be the milkshakes that’ll bring more boys to the yard.

If people are respecing 2+times a day they are playing tbc like it’s retail.

In tbc you don’t do things on a whim so much, you plan ahead, coordinate with others who have similar schedules, exc. Doing things on a whim is retail play style.

1 Like

Dual spec might not come out during tbcc, but if it does it would be hilarious. There’s been an interesting history in the classic forums regarding things people flat out refuse to believe will be put into the game and then it does.
Saying that dual spec will never make its way into tbcc because of reasons and because it came out in wrath is rather odd considering what’s happened.

Like when they destroyed my pallys reckoning.

I didn’t complain when 90% of every other spec had a way to cheese 1shots.

I never expected them to make changes to ruin it.

It’s 03:20 in MountainTimeLand – time for a 3.5 mile walk. Hopefully by the time I return and shower, Dual Spec will be in the game.

Now that my Druids are Level 63, switching between Feral and Restoration would be tres conveniente.

“Reasons” is a rather odd way to say and downplay “purposeful design trait”.

Seal of Blood - Likely not foreseen that it would be critical to making Ret Paladin viable when designed.

Drums - Likely not foreseen that it would result in LW being a necessity for every raider and require constant group switching if not when designed.

In Vanilla:

Worldbuffs/Chronoboon - Likely not foreseen that Wbuffs would result in people gathering the buffs and logging out all week, and then invalidating content difficulty with them (further than you already could without).

And so on…

Changes made have been to address potential issues that would crop up due to emergent gameplay that didn’t really exist in real TBC. Nearly every single one. Now for the topic…

Lack of Dual Spec - Literally exactly the way it was designed, completely foreseen, working exactly the way it is intended to by deterring people from constantly respeccing, or having to carefully consider the choice.

You can’t conflate dual spec with just any other change they’ve made. It’s on another level entirely. It is immune to #somechanges.

Now, most of us who are against dual spec have not said there’s a 0% chance. I think we all unfortunately recognize that Blizzard is incompetent and there is always a chance they might do something stupid (like FvF and the Deluxe pass). It won’t mean that we were so wrong, so much as Blizzard is capable of making a poor decision guided by nothing other than caving to player whining, which is what gave us retail eventually. Ironically, once the players got everything they whined for, they found out that they hate the game, and now Shadowlands is widely revered as being (one of) the worst state/s the game has ever been in.

2 Likes

I think the one true change we all want to see is the death of bots and gold buyers.

Translation:

“I have no evidence so am just making this up as I talk.”

More lies.

It’s literally in the OP.

2 Likes

This is hilarious. Really. People seem to think that a company’s mindset from over a decade ago should still be relevant today.

That rigid thinking is what ruins entire companies and governments.

1 Like

It is absolutely relevant if the goal is to recreate an over-decade-ago game.

2 Likes

Yes.

…in 2007.

What year is it right now?

:thinking:

So it’s not a lie. Lack of dual spec was intentional, completely supported by the link. There’s no lie.

I really don’t understand you lol, most of your oft confusion could be cleared up by simply reading before you hit the “Reply” button to quote the first word of a post again.

2 Likes

Yes, the lie is in propping up something said in 2007 as impacting the game in 2021.

You. Are. A. Liar.

The reason the TBC didn’t have dual spec, is the same reason TBCC doesn’t have dual spec

You disagree with this statement? I can’t fathom how this could be interpreted as a “lie” lol

1 Like

This isn’t a defeater to the #somechanges argument, by definition. Blizzard changed their minds about Dual Spec before TBC was even finished, well before in fact, and hasn’t looked back since then. As such, despite whatever vehemence Blizzard felt towards the idea of Dual Spec at some point in the past, #somechanges means all Present Day Blizzard need do is find that TBCC would be best served by its inclusion.

All of your reasons miss the forest for the trees. Blizzard didn’t even follow #nochanges during Classic, and has opened that door ever wider with the blatant admission of #somechanges. The only thing left to ponder is whether or not Blizzard thinks Dual Spec is worthy of inclusion.

This is strictly false. Regarding faction-based Seals:

1. Kalgan, Oct. 12, 2006, 8:45 p.m. https://www.bluetracker.gg/wow/topic/us-en/31053701-kalgan-questions-about-tbc/

With the paladin we decided to focus more on adding a little distinction between Alliance/Horde paladins rather than introduce the kind of balance dangers we’ve seen in the priest racials.

1. Vaneras, May 14, 2008, 10:46 a.m. https://www.bluetracker.gg/wow/topic/eu-en/4009631426-seal-of-blood/

There are currently no plans for any changes in this regard, but we will of course let you know if it is ever decided to make any such changes.

The Blizzard assumption in TBC was that Seal of Blood and Seal of Vengeance were just minor distinctions of flavorful difference between the two races. It was known in 2007 that Blood Elves were plainly the superior Paladin thanks to Seal of Blood:

https://www.bluetracker.gg/wow/topic/us-en/3168515083-eyonixs-blood-elf/

And yet Blizzard made no changes to Blood/Vengeance across faction-lines until after TBC concluded. It was known throughout TBC that Blood Elves were resoundingly better, and Blizzard’s official stance was “No changes, just minor distinctions” until it wasn’t.

Using YOUR OWN ARGUMENT, the change in Paladin seals supports the inclusion of Dual Spec. Both problems emerged in Original TBC, both problems had solutions that Blizzard was aware of, both problems saw Blizzard reject those solutions during TBC, and both problems saw Blizzard reverse their position for Wrath. With the change in Seals for TBCC following the problem found in Original TBC, it consistently tracks that a problem noted in Original TBC thanks to Arenas, varied daily activities, and less opportunity to effectively hybridize specs can and should be addressed with Dual Spec in TBCC.

Regardless, we need not adhere to your specific constraints on Blizzard. That is just your own bias taking the form of faux authority. If Blizzard had never said #somechanges at the beginning of TBCC, Dual Spec could still be introduced because Blizzard can do what it wants. It did multiple times during Classic despite #nochanges.

Therefore, 2007 Blizzard, 2017 Blizzard, and even YESTERDAY Blizzard opinions on Dual Spec don’t matter.

3 Likes

#SomeChanges

For starters, the game is a retrofit… Changes had to be made.

People are playing differently now… Causing more changes.

Finally, dual spec came about due to intense player demand. That demand was absolutely present through all of TBC. I didn’t hear a single complaint once we got it.