Remembering WoD for casual PVP gear

You learn a hell of a lot more from actually playing them yourself. Nothing beats that, which is what I do. I have max level characters on every class.

1 Like

Yea, not everyone has the patience to level all classes.

True dat. :slight_smile:

Another thing rated helps with is not getting used to all the consumables you can use in randoms. Like 3rd wind potion, for instance. 50% heal isn’t allowed in rated.

1 Like

Or gliders

1 Like

Yep, that too. Or big CD spells.

You were able to earn BiS PvP gear doing casual content for a decade. Excluding a handful of trinkets and legendary’s.

How does pillar humping help with returning a flag or capping a node?

2 Likes

Was only two expansions actually. Mop and wod. Rest had some pve elements or rated pvp to it.

And as for the returning a flag or capping a node, replace arena with rated Bgs.

I kind of wish that there were different trinkets, 4pc, and glove bonuses for each PvP format. It’ll never happen, but I miss spectral guise so much in wPvP. And I always feel bad for mages/rogues when guards break their CC.

Also, when I wPvP a lot I stop being able to sw:d polymorphs. Sometimes I secretly wonder if I’m the only priest like this.

How does that matter in a random BG? Everyone has access to those things. If they aren’t bringing them or aren’t using them they aren’t prepared for random BGs.

If you can learn to survive without them, the better off you are.

Sorry Jugaa, if I can use a saltwater potion or 3rd wind potion to win a 1v2 or a 1v3 and take a node then I’ll do it. If I can use a glider to quickly get down from LM to BS and stop a cap, then I’ll do it.

That is what makes me a better random BG player than you.

Same goes for world pvp. If there is stuff that is available to everyone and someone loses a fight because they aren’t prepared, then that is on them.

Fact is, people don’t want to have to mess around or make room with their keybinds.

Uh yea, I use that stuff too. Point is, in rated you can’t use that kinda stuff so you can’t rely on “hacks” (hacks in quotes because they aren’t hacks per se)

I mean, LOL.

You need consumables to help push you over the edge in 1v2+. You don’t need consumables as much in arena and rated BGs because you have healers that will actually heal you and teammates that will actually help you if you are in trouble. It’s not rocket science.

And calling them “hacks” (even in scare-quotes) is just kind of dumb. This is why I say they are different formats of pvp with different rules. If someone want to disadvantage themself by not fully utilizing the tools available to them or lacks knowledge that such tools exist in that format then that is on them.

This just reeks of “excuse-making.”

1 Like

I mean, in the monk movie where 8+ SPM try to kill myself and my friend when the shadow priest uses a glider to try to get away, did I start crying? No, I immediately used my own glider and stayed on their behind because I’ve built muscle memory to use it without even thinking about it. It’s bound to Y, btw. :stuck_out_tongue:

Building muscle memory for increased keybinds requires more skill, not less.

wow. Randoms do not take more skill than rated bgs or arenas. And the other team has the same so it comes down more to skill of knowing classes/countering metas.

1 Like

Wrath was the last time rating was needed for gear.

I do these things all the time

K so cata/mop/wod… 6 years