Remember when we didn't start with flight at all?

DF was the first expansion where flying was enabled from the get go. Well…I mean Cata had it too. But dragonriding is a literal game changer and, by far, the best thing to have come out of the expansion altogether.

I think Pathfinder is the right way…or to be more precise, I think FFXIV has the best model (at least when I played it last). In FFXIV, again when I last played it, you had to find these orbs that were near major quest hubs/areas. Some you couldn’t get to until later in your questing journey as you may of had to enter the zone from a different area. To go beyond the slowest run speed, you had to do the Main Story Quest (same for fast flying).

It’s basically pathfinder but with incremental rewards. I also wouldn’t be adverse to a world where players are hindered and punished for flying (but can still try) where as you play and time passes, the negatives and threats to the player and flying are reduced/gone. Like as you gain rep and fully quest, the threats are gone/pushed back. Like imagine ZC and the area where you can be shot down…but do the group quests for the week and kill the world bosses and now the area is much safer for the week and once the tier is done, the area is secured and the black dragons are present to the point where flying in the area is safe. Reward the player for actively staying engaged in the world instead of purely living in instanced content.

Yea it’s cringe that people are crying about 5 seconds… it’s not that deep.

Wanted to see who was crying about flight mode. Typical its druids and farmers. I can see why they put a 5 sec in place and Im all for it. Flame me if you want. I dont care but its still funny to see peoples reactions. Sadly I hate popcorn. Anyone have frozen Junior Mints?

I am the queen of cringe.

1 Like

On WRA, a few have complained about it, and those who made complaints in trade about it are getting called out for hard casting 3.5 second nukes when they don’t have procs up by their own guild members. Been entertaining to watch.

1 Like

I’m sorry you can’t plan your flight route ahead of time to find a use for switching frequently. Skill issue.

Why would we be thankful about an obvious downgrade in game quality?

Some people just feel the need to complain for the sake of complaining.

1 Like

The whole being thankful thing is really weird. What are we thankful for? The game isn’t a gift, it’s something we pay to play. And yes, 20 years ago, we started out with no flying. 20 years ago I was also 24, full of energy and could do anything. Times change.

i complain that theres no bacon

1 Like

That’s a worthy reason though, bacon should always be present.

1 Like

Prior to WoD, i actually enjoyed leveling on the ground, but WoD introduced super annoying terrain and tightly packed mobs that were only there to waste your time and slow you down. I’d happily go back to leveling on the ground and getting flying back when we hit level cap if we can do away with pathfinder and other stupid restrictions.

2 Likes

I’m very thankful :pray:

1 Like

Remember when we didn’t start with refrigerators at all?

1 Like

yes.

we used to get big blocks of ice from a metal hole in a wall beneath a train bridge.

fun times.

1 Like