Remember when Ion said that the Alliance would be getting unique flying mounts to rectify all the Horses we got?

Ion sure doesn’t, because despite saying in an October AMA that

the Horde bestiary had a lot more ground-based models which led to the first wave of rep mounts being skewed. But we plan on rectifying that as the expansion unfolds. Speaking of which, that Bee is pretty wonderful, isn’t it?

The Alliance reputation flying mounts are three recolored Gryphons. Why not use the blue parrot that’s been in the game since 8.0 for the Proudmore Admiralty mount? Why not use the Bee you yourself mentioned as the Stormsong mount?

Additionally, rather than adding an Alliance-only mount to make up for the Horde-only Kua’Fon’s Harness, Blizzard is adding ANOTHER Horde-only mount. Child of Torcali.

The level of absolute one-sidedness Blizzard has shown towards Horde mounts this expansion has been a complete and utter joke. And when we finally get to the point Ion promised would balance it out, we’re met with even more imbalance.

Change the reputation mounts and add two Alliance-only quest mounts. We shouldn’t be punished for picking the “wrong” faction.

118 Likes

isnt that a dino mount recolor?

7 Likes

Where is the source of this? Google doesn’t give me any results.

Child of Torcali? Yeah, it’s a Horde only green direhorn.

1 Like

Imagine whining over a recolor

34 Likes

signed. please give alliance this recolored direhorn. horde have enough of them.

16 Likes

Wowhead via the 8.2 PTR, new Horde-only quest.

Woohoo…another direhorn. Didn’t have enough of those already. Sarcasm.

24 Likes

Are there more Direhorns then Horses?

5 Likes

I’d be happy with an Alliance-only quest mount, even if it was a recolor, call me when we get one please, since you now have 2 and we have 0.

16 Likes

Dunno. Horses don’t bother me none though, admittedly.

4 Likes

How ever will you survive!?

5 Likes

Wowhead datamined the fact that the Bee Mount is looking a lot like Kua’fon.

AKA The Alliance is going to raise the Bee Mount.

In other words, it’s likely that the Horde will have to level an Alliance character if they want the Bee mount.

That said, yes, we’re still waiting for those supposed unique Alliance mounts. The bee mount would be the equivalent of Kua’fon. So where’s the equivalent of the Rep Mounts?

7 Likes

The horde gets more direhorns? More like the horde gets shoehorned into the same mount! Amirite?

7 Likes

Those new gryphon mounts? I’d rather have those over a bee of all things.

Id gladly take a horse instead. Maybe we can talk blizzard into giving you the recolored direhorn so i can see the next topic “we get recolored horde mount horde bias!”

5 Likes

Imagine complaining about your second bonus mount this expansion only being a recolor. Like it isn’t extra content for you to do and an extra mount towards your mount collection achvs.

20 Likes

If I were still working towards the 350 mounts achievement, I’d be pissed knowing the horde has it easier than the alliance, to get that many is very time consuming and expensive.

Thanks, will check it up.

2 Likes

Be mount is confirmed for 8.2. We just don’t know the exact source yet. Also i think it’s funny that so many people are complaining about another color of direhorn. I love having multiple color of the same mount so i can match them with different xmogs and such. And a recolor of a dinosaur is still WAY better than having 50 colors of horses

5 Likes

Pissed? Really? Wow give the alliance the mounts. I dont invest enough time apparently to get that emotionally compromised over some pixels that have no gains over other pixels and are only for cosmetic purposes

4 Likes