Remaining Heritage Quests

So, since I think I might remove my own eyes if I have to listen to anyone debate the relative villainy of Jaina, I figured I start up something else.

It occurred to me that Panderan and Drakthyr both are neutral races, so do you all think they will try to push heritage stuff through for them at the same time? What do you think they will focus on? Panderan have so much more to work with history wise than Drakthyr.

5 Likes

There’s a bunch of missing items that the Dracthyr haven’t gotten their hands on nor is it used by npcs. Might fit for Dracthyr heritage but I would have to ask a Dracthyr main. :scroll::robot:

6 Likes

I’m really hopeful pandaren get something cool.

And tbf, the pandaria remix gave us a lot of pandaren themed stuff to collect, and i also got to see some amazing quests for the first time, I’m wishing for something incredible for their heritage.

5 Likes

I hope the heritage armor for Pandaren comes in horde and alliance versions. I like tushui so I hope their tint is pretty cool.

I hope the same for Dracthyr. I hope their armor has tints depending on their faction, such as the obsidian warders.

9 Likes

I am not sure what they would/should focus on for the Panderan heritage…

For the Drakthyr I sort of hope they just focus on the restoration of the Reach and visiting what life was like back when the place was not a ruin.

1 Like

I do think that we’ll get both the Pandaren and the Dracthyr heritage sets at the same time.

Perhaps the Pandaren would focus on Shen-zin Su’s final journey. The guy is over 800 years, after all. Anyways, I could see the Wandering Isle Pandaren calling on players to help discover what’s wrong with the friendly giant turtle, us guiding him for a final journey to Pandaria, and the helping the citizens establish themselves on the continent, while mourning the loss.

As for the Dracthyr, the only thing I can think of is them establishing a proper home for themselves. Perhaps turning an area of the Forbidden Reach into a Dracthyr capital or something.

1 Like

To me, Talonlords’ Perch (https://warcraft.wiki.gg/wiki/Talonlords'_Perch) has all the makings of a hub, it is a nice, fairly quiet corner of the zone where buildings are densely packed like a town.

2 Likes

That would be a fantastic capital.

1 Like

I really want the Pandarien heritage quest to have them shuffling their feet and realizing that the A/H and Garrosh ultimately ended up benefiting them due to ending the threat of the Sha for good (and the mantid are likely significantly weakened given we’ve taken out 2 early swarms and wiped out their Paragons)

1 Like

I would love for the Pandaren heritage quest to involve Pandaria and not just Shen-zin Su. I also hope that the Pandaren armor is uniform across factions and does not have separate designs or colors.

The only way I could accept that is if they had a red and blue version, a neutral version, and players can wear any color they want regardless of faction.

1 Like

I’d bet on it being another party/festivel set up. Maybe it’s a little repetitive by now but it worked great for the orcs and the draenei and I’d bet good money on the pandaren to be able to party both of them under the table. Bringing in Shen-zin Su so that the factions that technically represent the player pandaren would make sense too, though I’m not sure why everyone thinks he’d be dying? He does revisit Pandaria every now and again just as part of his wandering. And that would be a pretty great excuse to celebrate.

Otherwise though the best heritage quests have touched on what that race has experienced, where they stand today, while teasing what they will get up to in the future. Pandaria as a setting really hasn’t been revisited or updated since MoP and that’s a real shame since there’s a lot of potential there. Just about evey facet of life on the continent had adapted to their isolation or ever present threats like the Sha. Now both of those are gone and you’d think this would mean that big changes would be on the horizon. The Mantid are weaker then ever, though apparently with a new Queen, the yangol might be ready to talk, there’s a faction of friendly Mogu setting up shop in the Veil, did Yu’lon ever get to complete that transfer ceremony, etc… etc…

Sufficed to say it could go in a lot of directions. After the draenei and troll questlines though I’m hopeful we’ll get something good.

1 Like

Perhaps a return to the Wandering Isle?

1 Like

Maybe it’s an event where Shen-zin Su returns to Pandaria like he once did? That way they could get both the Wandering Isle and mainland Pandaren in focus.

1 Like

I always found it weird they put so much time and effort into developing Pandaren culture and then made the playable Pandaren a completely different group that had been isolated for almost 1000 years and has extremely little story development.

1 Like

Shen-zin Su having a baby + some lore tidbits for the non-monk Panda classes

2 Likes

It’s because so much about the 5.0 zone questing relied on the PC being a stranger to a mysterious new land. They needed some variety of outsider Pandaren for any of those quests to make thematic sense.

3 Likes

It just creates a kind of weird disconnect where the pandaren culture we see most developed isn’t the same as the player pandaren.

1 Like

It’s for the same reason that the Dracthyr had been asleep for 20,000 years and were essentially as alien to The Dragon Isles as everyone else.

Simplicity of quest writing.

1 Like

The Pandaren one could simply be them finally finishing Yu’lon statue. Blizzard could even use it as an opporunity to show the factions cooperating for a peaceful goal of rebuilding. And then make 3 colors for the set, one common set and one for each faction.

3 Likes

To be really fair, they kinda reconnected during the MOP events.

The mists settled, we see in legion that the turtle was around Pandaria, thats why the survivors of the legion attack at the peak of serenity manage to go there.

1 Like