Remaining Heritage Quests

In probably a minority here, but I would love to see it also focus on their relations with the factions.

Of course acknowledge where they came from- the firbidden reach and wandering isle, but the Huojin/Tushui and Warders/Talons are formal parts of the Horde or Alliance- and we really dont see that much.

I think itd be neat; we can visit the wandering isle briefly but also look towards the future in the factions. (Maybe add a proper area for each of them in the capitols). Other heritage armors kind if set uo the races future, so it wouldnt be uncalled for.

For Pandaren, I do not want to see us go to Pandaria. The Mainland Pandaren and the wandering isle Pandaren have been separate for 1000 years before the mists open and they dont even have huojin/tushui from what i recall.

For armor, Ideally i think there should be some design differences. But i will also be content if they did colors to represent the different sides.

ā€œIntroducing: Heritage armor that you mostly canā€™t see on your character!ā€

1 Like

Iā€™d wager pandaren will get a toy to teleport back to the Wandering Isle so it isnā€™t exclusive to monks.

1 Like

Speaking of pandaren, didnā€™t Ji and Aysa finally start dating after SoO? Or was the subtext so strong during SoO that it just erroneously became text in my mind?

1 Like

I could be misremembering myself too, but the subtext was definetly there. I donā€™t believe it was ever confirmed otherwise though

Yeahā€¦ Amusingly, non-evoker Drakthyr likely will get more use from a heritage set than an evoker proper as they will be able to stay out of form.

Perhaps Blizzard could take the opportunity to just drop a bunch of new armor options on the dracthyr true form when their quest arrives.

The pandaren are interesting, because while they have had probably the least story presence since their intro expansion, they have so many transmog that are in theme that they itā€™s hard to think of what Blizzard could come up with that they donā€™t already have. MoP is a treasure trove of panda-themed transmog.

As for the quest, I think a return to the turtle is in order. I donā€™t think Ji and Aysa were meant to leave permanently, just spend some time exploring the world. Out of all the factions that joined the Horde and Alliance, the Huojin and Tushui reasons for joining felt the most fabricated. I donā€™t know why they would ever agree to join warring factions and kill their own kin when they seemed to get along just fine on the turtle. They basically got different results from a BuzzFeed personality test and that was enough for them to become mortal enemies. Itā€™d be nice to see them reunite after all this time, or maybe reinforce why they needed to split since their initial reason was so flimsy.

Ji especially feels out of place with the Horde since he joined under Garrosh. I felt like Garrosh laid on the expectations for violence so thick during Jiā€™s orientation that if I were Ji, Iā€™d have been second guessing my life choices and wondering if it was too late to join Aysa on the Alliance. It didnā€™t help later seeing Ji beat to a pulp during the Siege of Orgrimmar. The sad thing is I think Pandaren have more ties to the Horde via Chenā€™s relationship with Rexxar and Rokhan, but the implementation made me wish they stayed away from us, for their sake.

So for the Huojin, I want to know why they stuck it out with the Horde. I get why they joined, since the tauren dude on the Wandering Ilse made us look appealing, but once he met Garrosh, how did they not change their mind instantly? Or when Sylvanas took over, why didnā€™t they do anything at all when taking action is their whole philosophy? And for both factions, how has their relationship with each other after MoP? Do they go back to turtle island ever?

3 Likes

Iā€™ve thought about this and been bothered by it a handful of times. Even Lorā€™themar Theron had second guesses and seemed to consider a faction swap for a time.

But getting back to the original topic on heritage quests, I sincerely hope that Pandaren arenā€™t forgotten when it comes to their own heritage chain quest - the remix is epic, but no substitute to a heritage-focused quest.

At least the shoulders and belt can be seen on dracthyr-- if it isnā€™t scrapped. :carpentry_saw::robot:

1 Like

Mechagnomes know the struggle too well.

2 Likes

Not sure. They can be seen at the Monk Order hall training a gnome together but then followed alliance and horde forces in BfA. Later both pandaren will remain at the embassy to recruit allied races. :world_map::robot:

1 Like

Iā€™m alliance trough and trough, and normally relate to their themes, but boy, Iā€™m with Ji on this one.

3 Likes

It is tough with so very few robot mogs ingame. :wrench::robot:

Even been curious if it would be fun to have a transformers mog into mount for the community. More of a ramble. :robot::thought_balloon:

Odd he wouldnā€™t be one of the npcs that would offer Nesingwary quests. :robot::thought_balloon:

It would be nice if Blizzard actually gave the pandaren faction leaders some overdue time in the spotlight. It feels like Ji and Aysa have barely done anything since they joined the factions. Sure, Blizzard includes them every now and again but their roles are always miniscule while giving them very few lines to speak. They didnā€™t even play a role in the Pandaria campaign, you knowā€¦theyā€™re ancestral homeland?

I think the most either of them said anything was in Shadows Rising book when Ji appropriately called the Horde out on itā€™s BS for wrecking Pandaria.

Whatever Blizzard decides to do Iā€™m hoping that the two not only get unique new models like the other leaders, but involve the Wandering Isle Pandaren and the Mainland Pandaren being involved to solve some major crisis.

Come to think of it the Peak of Serenity is still a mess after what happened during Legion, it would be nice for it to be cleansed.

3 Likes

Hereā€™s hoping they set up the heritage quest to give us another round in Pandaria that isnā€™t a remix but a continuation of the story.

And that story should be WoWā€™s version of a Romance of the Three Kingdoms.

1 Like

Ooooh, thatā€™s a tiny bit long to fit into a heritage quest, but I do like your thinking!

Wonder if they will focus on Pandaria or the wandering isle.

Ha, yeah thatā€™d require a whole expansion; but like the Draenei heritage quest, have it be hinting at something in the future.

I think that Dragonflight was the Dracthyr heritage runā€¦ with only three v isible armor slots, thereā€™s no point in structuring the standard heritage quest series.