Release Mage Tower Statistics

Out of general curiosity. Not every class/spec had the same difficulty.

cough cough Guardian Druid cough cough

If I have to wait until the tower event is done so be it.

13 Likes

Honesty, I suspect guardian will have one of the highest clear rates, because it has the best reward.

27 Likes

I think so too, but I’d like to see the average attempts for success. I saw an image that claimed in Legion the average was like 30? 40? I feel like the average might be higher now.

3 Likes

Doubt it. It probably has the most people attempting it because it’s the one with the most unique reward, but that would just drive down the completion rate.

3 Likes

Highly doubt this bro. The level of difficulty is unreal compared to every other class.

I’d be surprised if more than 10% of players have completed the challenge. I know some of you will state a lot of people have completed it but what does a lot mean? 50% of players? 30%? 20%?

2 Likes

They’re probably afraid of what it’ll reveal about the popularity of the game and about how they screwed up the tuning.

For anyone wondering, these were the stats after the first round in Legion :

13 Likes

That’s solid info dude. And you’re probably right about them being cowards. But they bring it on themselves.

1 Like

I always get amused that they don’t show info because they know it’s bad, but by not showing it in itself shows the community it’s bad because of the silence.

4 Likes

It isn’t even the most difficult one.

2 Likes

Ha! bet.

10/chars

I haven’t even tried MT yet on Ret pally or prot. Are they hard?

Did them back in Legion around the time mage tower first came out.

It isn’t. Holy priest is way harder than guardian druid. I’ve almost done all 36 challenges, and I would only rank guardian druid above average at best.

Honestly, guardian has exceptional tools for dealing with the encounter.

4 Likes

Can’t say. I know Guardian Druid and Holy Priest are a nightmare.

Bear probably has some of the lowest % clear rates.

Not because it’s hard, it was one of the easier challenges and it got nerfed several times. But it’s the only challenge with a unique reward, so more people are attempting it (including folks who are less experienced/less inclined to attempt these challenges), and people are more willing to put up with excessive attempt counts on it.

3 Likes

Ive only tried ret about 10 to 15 times. Seems much easier than others i’ve done. Resto shaman is ridiculous

Haven’t tried resto myself. Pretty hard eh?

Alright…

It’s fine though… it’s definitely hard, but very manageable.

Do you want the stats to include all those players who only completed MT due to exploits, or just those who completed it legitimately?

3 Likes

I still contend that advertised completion rate is false. Even in well geared characters during Antorus, almost everyone I knew needed at least 50 pulls and most hit triple digit for worse gear. I can’t imagine the first week success was remotely that high. I’d rather see the final stats after they took it down.