Rejoice Alliance! Man'ari Eredar are coming!

I just wish we could get the Broken/Krokul faces/tails from legion. I wanna be a broken shaman like Nobundo.

2 Likes

Void Elves and Nightbourne are just Blood Elves in the Alliance and Night Elves in the Horde respectively. Kul Tirans aren’t really a reskin of any thing. some would argue they’re just “husky humans”, but whatever…

the rest are essentially reskinned models of races, that’re already available for said faction. borg gnomes don’t make a whole lot of sense to me honestly. i feel like they didn’t really need to implement that race, but that’s just me.

i can only imagine what new “race” we’ll get in the future. some new reskin for worgens perhaps?

Maybe you don’t want that . But I do I’m still hoping for vrykul to be the next allied race .

2 Likes

Kul’Tiran use the Vrykul skeleton-rig. Blizzard could totally make a “lean” option for Kul’tirans and then you’d have your Vrykul.

2 Likes

They need to do it already .

I’d love that. I’ve always wanted Vrykul, was really disappointed we didn’t get any body customization options with Kul’tirans, I wanted to make it look like a Vrykul. Hopefully we can get that as an option someday.

My point was they all should’ve existed as customizations for the most part.

Vulpera are unique enough to be justified. Void Elves to give the alliance a high-elf option they have been asking for.

But brown orcs, moose horns on a tauren, darker skinned dwarfs, etc. the vast majority of those should’ve have just been customizations for the existing races. It also would’ve been less trouble for them to make sure to keep racial balance.

Then when necessary they could’ve introduced whatever as a “new” race (properly) without janky unlock criteria (i.e. go hit level cap and grind out rep on another toon then either buy a race change or start over).

Basically if all you are doing is changing the color palette, or adding a few new tattoos, and/or adding some new style of horn … then just keep it as a customization.

1 Like

To be honest I think allied races are fine now sinse we’ll get all classes for each races. And it give more heritage armor choice. I wish there was more heritage armors and weapon tough. Like they gave 6 option to some but 1 to other. Man’ari deserve their own heritage armor and a recolor of Dreanei racial. Not the blue Naaru rune but a green one

Omg yes.

HMT, as much as I love them, has kind of crappy heritage armor. Giving us a robe option, or even a skirt, would really improve it. Atm it’s really top heavy. Visually.

1 Like

Can’t find anything on that. Other than peoples headcanon that Kul’Tirans are somehow closer to vrykul than other humans. When the are in fact a descendant from a Gilnean colony, while the Vrykul at Tirisgarde were hostile to them.

I’m hoping that the fel features will be separate options like Nightborne glowy hands. There’s guarantee that’s what Blizz will do but that’s what I’d like to see.

What? No they don’t lol. They made a new skeleton for Kul Tiran, that’s why them and Zandalari wound up getting pushed back to later in the expansion.

Vrykul are boring. We don’t need “humans but slightly bigger” as a race. Customization would be fine.

1 Like

I thought the lore was the seafaring vykrul that settled in KT became Drust and the humans mixed with the Drust and the fat KT are the ones with more Drust blood than say someone like Jaina.

As the multiple others have said, maybe you don’t want that, plenty of others do.

Need the Fel highmountain now.

3 Likes

We even have the goblin idle animations, which bugs me to no end.

As for the thread’s subject matter…

First Void elves, and now Man’ari. It’s starting to look like the Alliance is taking the ‘bad guys’ mantle away from the Horde. Especially with us having the amiable Tauren and adorable Vulpera… :smirk:

Lore is that Vrykul in Howling Fjord had some cursed babies they either killed or dumped to the sea, who somehow ended up in EK.

Some Vrykul at some point settled in Tirisgarde and became known as the Drust, then humans settled and they fought over territory, with one drust (the kul’tiran druid trainer) helping the humans.

The large humans are just… large humans. Nothing more. Like Othmar Garithos would pretty much use their rig.

1 Like

That’s fan theorizing, that I think Blizzard has actually shot down.

KT are just chonky, that’s it.

1 Like

I believe you two, mostly because I don’t care about humans, and I am going off memory, which I probably got from the GD.

Would have been more hype and satisfying if they released those colors at the same time as making locks available to them.