Region wide AH needs to go, or be balanced around

This is absolutely great. I wish the crap was even cheaper and they allowed bots to do it to drive down the cost. I could absolutely care less.

Because multicraft is a thing. Because resourcefulness is a thing.

Quite often for those 7g in mats create 2-3 flasks.

7g in raw mats = 4gx3 = 12g = 5g profit

Oh, is this why that happened? That’s why gathering isn’t a viable source of gold for me anymore.

Not at the end of the expansion when a large majority of players arent playing.

2 Likes

End of expansion always causes gathering to not be worth it anymore. No one is buying crafted consumables anymore, so there arent as many people buying the materials to make them either. Be patient friend, gathering will be worth a lot again come the new expansion’s launch.

1 Like

It’s been that way all expansion. That’s how I used to make some extra gold, but I found it not to be worthwhile this expansion at all.

I used to make more money at the tail end of expansions because with fewer people playing, there was less supply.

The problem is the company doesn’t want to invest in a functioning anti-cheat, outside of the bare minimum for PR. The AH will always be clobbered by bots, especially since it’s region wide.

I doubt there will be a truly good faith maximal effort by the company ever for fighting AH bots. It’s too long term of a goal for corporate to expense for, they only expense for short term banwaves whenever r/wow is complaining.

Wow, I could loot a single mob outside of Valdrakken and make that much gold!

Great do that then!

1 Like

Nice. While your complaining about the amount of gold you didnt earn and went to kill 15 mobs, i sold 2 thousand flasks and made 300k profit.

2 Likes

I learned having a dual gatherer is mainly to sell high at the beginning of xpacs…

The AH should be balanced around how ever much gold I currently want to spend at any given point in time.

This is fair.

Look, I -kind- of get it. I used to spend alot of my wow downtime and especially last tier of an xpack just gold farming. I dont do any of that now and barely log in outside of progression anymore.
Making the AH cross realm helped alot of smaller realms where people had no buyers and barely any sellers get access to mats quicker. But it also means alot of people starting dumping mats on the AH for whatever they got and people still dont understand mats are a FIFO system so they still undercut.

NOW atm, we also have a new xpack coming up so everyone from farmers or guilds to casuals are dumping their bank stocks to clear out in prep for TWW. Its normal, when they dont need mats anymore it goes in the bargain bin.

Just how it is.

Nobody really cares what gold farmers have to struggle thru in any capacity. You are just mad you can’t cornerstone the market on your own server. I am fine with everything being cheap and easy to get without worrying about AH goblins jacking up prices.

2 Likes

I already undercut his price by at least 30%, but a minute later he has already undercut me by 1C.

This goes on and on, until I am so tired and just leave.

People should not be allowed to do this. People should place one price and then have a CD on it. So either it sells or it does not, but the constant undercutting is so bad.

He’s telling you that your prices are still too high.

1 Like

I disagree. Try leveling a profession during the first month of an expansion and you are dropping serious gold. It’s tanked now because it’s the end of DF and all these mats are now worthless.

Okay and that is a bad thing because?