Region-Wide AH in 9.2.7

I mean, I don’t disagree, but you want to have your cake and eat it to.

I don’t want to farm materials to sell, or craft myself, I just want the crafts cheap enough so that I don’t have to do anything outside of my normal gameplay loop.

And then I get flak for saying 20 minutes a day doing boring ZM dailies for the legendary belt is too much.

1 Like

who are you going to buy them from? what’s their incentive to craft them for sale?

I’m responding to the guy above me … that’s effectively what he is saying.

I think Blizzard needs to think this all through more carefully.

1 Like

I think this may help with the ridiculous prices on my low pop non connected server

I gave up making gold off mats and consumables years ago due to the bots. This change will have zero affect on me. I rely on mogs and pets now.

So, when this first goes live, how many bugs will there be? Don’t get me wrong, I think this will be a welcome change, but I just feel like it will such a buggy mess for probably the first month or two that the AH will be almost unusable.

Possible but improbable. It’s the Prisoners Dilemma scenario (game theory). It’s best for all to work together but the risk is also high that you will get stiffed if anyone else decides to sell lower, and since it’s many people involved it is likely better for each AH mogul to work independently.

Throw in the factor of bots farming resources endlessly and there is a potentially endless supply to be made, meaning even if some AH moguls team up there will always be more to undermine them.

It is very likely nobody will work together on the common commodities. Now for niche old resources this could be something that comes up.

There are also thousands and thousands of more sellers. At best, it will be a wash, but it’s likely to be worse than that.

1 Like

I think you will find that you are very wrong.

1 Like

Nope, I have no desire to lose money. There are way more goods for sale than will ever need to be bought.

Let’s sing it again:

Bots will go from having a server-wide audience to REGION-WIDE.

Region-wide. Think about that.

Not only are we talking about your highly populated A52, Tich etc., we also have the highly populated Latin America realms (e.g. Ragnaros), OCE, yada yada yada.

One realm’s massive bot plague now becomes the entire region’s problem, and to compound the issue is the fact that there’s stupidly more incentive for botting with a much larger one-stop-shop audience now.

1 Like

Have you ever played on a high pop realm?

It will be a race to the bottom. Materials almost always out-paces botting due to botting or just simply because the profit margins on crafting are too low to be worth the cancel/reposting necessary to make a sale.

Most of the realms that have these pricing issues, have broader population issues that need to be getting resolved. This will be a band-aid at best.

And those MMOs selectively apply what is region-wide vs. not?

Or is their entire AH region-wide? It’d be one thing if they are applying it across the board, but that isn’t what is happening here.

You seem to be forgetting the key fact that for the few other farmers that are listing, you’ll have hundreds of thousands new buyers.

That’s probably how many it’ll be in the end, because bots will be dominating the gathering market for the entire region now.

2 Likes

A shame for mog marketeers, but I am a gatherer at heart and don’t have any understanding of the mog market to weigh in on.

At this point I am just gonna pop some popcorn when it goes live and wait for the rage…

I think I might pile on with my TSM charts that’ll probably show the line going WEEEEEE.

1 Like

Eek, really came across this now and I like mats can be cheaper but the gold making side for me is gonna kill my spirit to even bother since everything will just tank and/or have botting-related issues or some other thing.

So; good for buyers especially that are on lower pop.
Kinda annoying for me in wanting to make gold.

That’s not how it works, is it? If the prices of materials drop, so do the prices of crafted items. Be it potions, food, flasks, bags or equipment. That’s how it always have worked.