Regarding the Recent Bans and DQs Due to the Macro Bug

i’m positive you weren’t aware of it until the video came out lmao

idk what kind of deepfake ai is keeping you paranoid but you aren’t taking anything at facevalue when you see it in video

I didn’t actually watch the videos, just read the post.

Yeah, I don’t get it either.

There’s this public video showing the exploit works.

Then, some people are like, “I need to personally test this too. And demonstrate it in-game to all my friends.”

Can’t your friends just watch the video like you did?

Did you end up getting your friends DQed?

And that is the task of Blizzard. This particular forum cannot assist nor confirm legitimacy of the DQ. If he gets his DQ reversed then kudos to Blizzard for their reaction and turning off the spigot and then walking back their punishments caught up in the wash. If the DQ is not overturned then the all of us in their thread have 2 assumptions:

1. He was guilty of more than using it in a duel
  2. Blizzard missed it.

My original response to the OP was take the experience, learn from it, and be thankful it wasn’t a full ban that they have to wait and see if it gets overturned.

Gotta figure out what makes the exploit tick.

So if I post a video of a wall hack and said “Don’t try this at home” you are going to run out and try this at home?

Potentially. :dracthyr_nervous_animated:

1 Like

Nah I don’t try to debug stuff like that. Let’s say it were a cs console convar though, like mat_wireframe which is normally protected by sv_cheats. Something like that I might try if offline mode and see if other sv_cheats protected convars are usable without sv_cheats so those can get reported and fixed as well.

myb thought u were talkin bout me bein clapped

Cause using it on a target dummy probably implies intent to use it on a player?

Also do target dummies cast spells?

They didn’t need to cast spells to effectively test every aspect of the macro, but yeah tank dummies do cast uber strike.