Regarding the level squish and leak

Blizzard, if you are planning on reducing the amount of levels by half but not really changing the XP required or increasing the amount of freedom, you are essentially not changing anything.

I just read the leak that you plan to have the expansions spaced out again 20-30, 30-40, 40-50 etc.

I was looking forward to playing alts through old expansions, doing dailies etc for experience longer than just the bare minimum. I strongly urge you to increase the freedom of leveling a tiny bit more if you plan to go this route.

I know some people like to rush content through expansions and reach max but there are players that would like to complete entire expansions and get experience along the way.

10 Likes

What is said leak you talk about?

The age of darkness leak

1 Like

Well. Twist my nipples and pour me a milkshake.
That does sound interesting.
ME LIKE!

4 Likes

Id take level 30 over 120 any day.

I dont think I can seriously give any credence to a “leak” from 4chan of all places. I shall withhold till other sources confirm or deny the information before I light my torch and sharpen my pitchfork.

7 Likes

If the details in that leak are true - people may look back at BfA with fond memories because those features sound like complete doggy poo.

2 Likes

Even for a leak it sounds too good to be true. Still have to wait and see but I wouldn’t take it too seriously.

1 Like

Why? 10 chars

4chan? Leak?

And you’re taking it seriously. Those are some of the biggest attention seeking junkies out there. They make stuff up all the time.

2 Likes

I don’t know why, but I thoroughly enjoyed reading this.

5 Likes

I doubt the leak is true but I agree with more freedom for leveling. For some reason I feel in the mood to go through all of the cata zones on an alt. Been awhile.

You know why. You take left nip, I’ll take right.

I wouldn’t really trust any leaks, especially from 4chan. Expansion “leaks” happen all the time. They are never right. Blizz is pretty good at iron locking info.

But for the squish, if it happens, it’s very likely going to involve a lot more than just reducing numbers. So exp changes could happen. But we’re totally in the dark on this and it’s not even confirmed. Everything is up in the air with how they might implement it.

True but if they plan on doing a squish, they need to do it right otherwise it’ll just flop

I could see that with a new player… but I’ve played through all of the expansions… Most of them multiple times. I don’t really want to do that whole slog again…

I for one would like to see the old world zones tied to each race since each race had a “path” with its lore through the world. Especially if there were a way the exp could allow those paths to get to level 50 with these paths.

Ex:

Humans: Elwyn Forest>Westfall>Redridge>Duskwood, etc
Draenei / Blood Elves could start in their starting areas and go right to Outland
Pandas start in Pandaria

You could do classes too. DK started in Northred

I think the story tied to the races (at least the first time through) would really make it interesting.

1 Like

Have any of these “leaks” ever been accurate, and not just “what are the generic things people on the forums are talking about”?

Looked at the level squish. It just doesn’t make sense as its all over the place in terms of how much squish took place.

CLASSIC: 60 squished into 20. Ok, that’s clear cut. 66% squish.
BC / WRATH / CATACLYSM: 25 squished into 10. 60% squish
MISTS / WARLORDS: 15 squished into 10. 30% squish
LEGION / BFA: 20 squished into 10. 50% squish
NEW EXPANSION: 10 levels

The numbers are all over the place. It would also undermine the current system of level scaling which is …

Classic: 1-60
BC / Wrath: 60-80
Cata / Mists: 80 - 90
Warlords: 90-100
Legion: 100-110
BfA: 110-120

If they were going to squish the levels down and keep the current scaling system intact what would be more logical would be something like the below. I mean, why throw out work they’ve already done, right?

Classic: 1-30
BC / Wrath: 30-40
Cata / Mists: 40-45
Warlords: 45-50
Legion: 50-55
BfA: 55-60
New Expansion: 60-65

Squishing it below 1/2 creates awkward levelling numbers when you consider that currently we use 5 and 10 for expansions. Cutting levels in half works with the current 5 and 10 that has been used for multiple expansions. To keep it looking even you’d need to mush multiple expansions together into one small batch of levels. Which would be seriously messed up.

There is also the fact that ALL the early story for AoD basically says “oh, eastern kingdoms? doesn’t matter. We’ll talk about you later.”

Yeah, that wouldn’t sit well with the playerbase as a whole.

It’s just pure fantasy. Not to mention the idea of conquest points letting you customize abilities would be a logistical nightmare in terms of balance.

1 Like