Regarding the fake "Leak" on MMO-C

Way too many references to FF14 for me to care to read the whole thing.

You can make a point without kissing up to another MMO, an not even a particularly good MMO at that.

Also that links far more likely than not a hoax, it doesn’t even mention Diablo 2 Ressurected at all and it was posted this month? Laughable.

People like you are why I care and post like that. Even if we disagree on X or Y, as long as we share the same passion and desire to see the game or company succeed; we’ll overcome those disagreements for the common things that bind us.

Thus despite how bad some posters are, there are others that matter. Those who go to Blizzcons, have fun, aren’t total creeps, and don’t incite forum unrest for the sake of ratcheting up the hate and vitriol on the forums. Those folks, deserve nothing less than the best.

In the words of Vic Ireland, “Delays are temporary, mediocrity is forever.”

That’s a you issue then mate. The ultimate problem with bullet points is that people generally assume the worst, and 9/10 times don’t even understand what your saying even when you thought you laid it out short concise words. Worse there are people who will try to spin-doctor your words into meaning the opposite of what you intended.

Because of this my go to rule is to explain what is meant to a level no one can dispute. Doing things this way tends to serve me well. The information is there, waiting for you.

If you don’t read it, that’s again not a me issue, but a you issue. In any event, I reckon it’s better than saying nothing at all or letting the worst be assumed. That is why I take issue with Blizzard’s silence at the moment. Above all other people, the playerbase should know what the score is on the game they love.

Why is there a 100 post thread about an obvious troll post making up complete nonsense about the future of Blizzard?

Probably because most players would be deeply appreciative of being told by Blizzard…

“This is false. We do have plans for World of Warcraft. While we can’t go into them yet, know that there are no plans to go maintenance mode. Please be patient while we handle a few issues internally. Thanks everyone!”

A simple sentence or two. That’s literally all people need. Kaivax or someone else saying it however would mean a great deal. Sometimes a single sentence will suffice for communication too.

I know your not going to argue “It’s not worth replying to.” because that’s the very sort of logic that got the forums into this state to start. If it assuages even one player’s concerns, then hell yes it was worth it.

The problem is the development team, not the game. The development team clearly hates the playerbase with the way they develop and change things. Until that changes, the game will not be better. It doesn’t matter if they make a successor if the same team works on it.

1 Like

OP, I get that you want to fix the game.

However…. You should edit your posts, take down that screenshot and the link to it, because:

Market manipulation may involve techniques including: Spreading false or misleading information about a company;

And…

Market manipulation is illegal in the United States under both securities and antitrust laws .

And… lots more detail:
~https://www.sec.gov/oiea/investor-alerts-bulletins/ia_rumors.html

I’ve done Law. Thank you for your concern, but this is an issue that should be brought up with MMO-Champion. Not me. I am not the one who posted the false or misleading information. My first post actually was an edit from screenshot to link for that very reason. Links are posted all the time.

Moreover I already stated twice that it should be considered abjectly false. If Edge had a half-brain he would of deleted it instead of locking that thread. The legal doctrine you cite does not apply to me as I am merely commenting on what other people have said.

Were I the source post, then I “might” have a problem. Sadly I’m not, a simple IP check would confirm that. More to the point however, at no point did I ever state that this was or should be deemed factual. I simply said “if it were true hypothetically” then this is how I would view the matter.

In all 8 of my edits, as much can be gleaned.

So really if this was a veiled attempt at a scare tactic however, I am afraid you picked the wrong fellow to try and intimidate with such a poor understanding of Californian or American Law. The post will stand as it is.

Ultimately, Blizzard can delete this post at any time if they like or remove the post if it is truly egregious. I don’t think I’m the issue here however, as much as you seem to wish for me to be.

Those are a lot of demands. Perhaps you should apply to work at Blizz and do the work yourself.

You know what they say, “if you want something done right…”

And I’ve worked as a fiduciary involved with securities.

If I wished you to be the issue, I’d not have advised you to take it down.

I am sorry but I cannot believe that. But simply to placate you and end this discussion. I’ll drop the link. Legal doctrine aside, it really is water under the bridge at this point and I see no value in drawing further attention to it.

At the same time, remember that discussing current events or claims is not the same as actually creating fake news, which is what the laws you cited were meant to curtail. Please understand that difference.

Such a frivolous lawsuit on Blizzard’s part would just make things worse for them. It would also give me a far, far bigger podium to speak from, and it would make a lot of posters probably ask “So… Why are they going after this one guy?”

Edit:

Ah Lokath.

I am reminded of an old adage. Judge the man only after you know his experiences. If you knew me in the real world, you would know the answer to this riddle already. Have a grand night.

1 Like

That’s a bold statement. Got anything to maybe back it up?

This is a waste of resources.

This is silly.

Everything else is okay.

has always been their biggest failing imho, i mean their best attempts at it have been a joke.

What leak? I must have missed something.

Lol anyone want to play a game? how fast can you scroll through op message. Will start with the 3 seconds can you beat that?

2 Likes

New game. Can you see your own brain if you roll the eyes far enough?

Not sure how you were confused, but, ok.

It was a post on another web forum, from someone who claimed to have secret info of Blizzard’s plans for WoW, Starcraft, etc… over the next few years. It’s an amusing read, but not authentic in any way,

wtf is OP talking about…?

I’m not confused at anything but instead hilariously laughing at you ridiculous statement.

This is just :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Since you are completely wrong. It’s very common to abandon an IP especially in the MMO industry. These forums I swear time to work out and get some fresh air.

:roll_eyes:

If you seriously think 10.0 would ever be canceled and WoW goes into “maintenance mode”, and the other silly stuff from that “leak”, then there’s not much I can do for you.