Regarding the fake "Leak" on MMO-C

So “don’t believe an obviously fake leak” = “game is 100% perfect” to you? I imagine people with more than 2 brain cells to rub together have many varying opinions on the state of wow.

So WoW is shutting down in 2023ish or something. Finally, I can outside. The newest adventure begins. Journey to the letterbox.

1 Like

You come here over and over again to post that there’s nothing whatever wrong with the game, that the only problem is unreasonable expectations by those inconvenient paying customers you are forced to tolerate in your game.

1 Like

I would love a WoW 2, even one set in the War I & II era, but rebooting the IP / lore entirely like the “leak” suggests would be a death sentence. People come to WoW because they care about the established heroes and conflicts of Azeroth, not to see 15 years of story and involvement wiped clean.

You almost had me. I was cheering till I saw this.

GG.

1 Like

Not interested in WoW II.

While the game is not perfect, it is the game that I love.

I hope that Acti is not fool enough to try this because I don’t think New World is going to maintain any type of growth momentum. Just my opinion. Bliz is the juggernaut of the industry.

Also, the reason I believe it could be true is that Acti just allowed Bliz to take the brunt of the blow from the CA lawsuit even though a lot of this stuff happened at Activision companies. Not just Bliz. Acti never did anything to correct people’s beliefs about what happened where. The suicide thing was something that happened at another company under acti or at Acti themselves. I believe they did this to seize control of creative development with wow.

what leak? i cant even find it

Blizzard Entertainment will become Insight in 2022 (Leak/Spoilers) (mmo-champion.com)

Its fake. Such obvious internet bait.

1 Like

I don’t think we need to bring up every random wish-list people type up or add our own, especially something as unbelievable as that “leak”.

Thank you for the link

2 Likes
  1. MMO genre isn’t that popular or big anymore to justify time and resources into WoW 2.0

2. the current model is far more efficient and cost effective than taking a risk on a new engine.

3. Risk of alienating and splitting the current player base is not worth it

Rather than all this “dissolve Blizzard and put WoW into maintenance mode”, y’know what I would do if I was Blizzard?

Id create a small design & development team sworn to absolute legal secrecy and have them create a small, simple, test game. Something along the level of Valheim - computer light, modern but lightweight graphics, a limited set of options, something small and creative. Then I’d put it out through Steam and see what happened. There are some clever people in the gaming world - who would have imagined that Minecraft would have been as immensely popular as it was given what it looks like? If people can make a Minecraft or a Valheim, why not Blizzard?

They could have a webpage of some sort with an ability for people to sign on and provide input on their game experience, with suggestions and so forth. And then take all that input and apply it to a new version of WoW. Or a new game completely. It wouldn’t need to be a monolithic monster but something clean and clever and fun.

Valheim launched in basically a beta format for $20 and sold something like 2 million games in a few weeks. That tells me that people are prepared to try something new if it looks like their kind of fun and its a low price. Blizzard could pay for their small team, if they offered something fun, in no time at all.

1 Like

What part of that isn’t believable? I actually say most of it is extremely likely with how bad the current situation is. SL definitely should be the last expansion and go into Maint. mode. It’s just the best case scenario for them to stop now. Then focus on other projects.

This bit:

“A new untitled World of Warcraft successor MMORPG is in the works, looking to take a lot from FFXIV. This is going to be developed by a majority new team than those who made and worked on WoW. It is not a sequel but a total reboot with new lore. Currently only in the planning stage. The base game will focus on Valansess (the Eastern Kingdoms) and Outland, with playable races from both worlds. It is currently believed to not have factions. It will not borrow from Hearthstone, which will remain separate and continually updated with new expansions.”

Does that actually sound realistic to you? Mentioning things like Final Fantasy and no factions (things talked about frequently on the forums), Hearthstone (say what?), a weird renaming of Eastern Kingdoms…if you were going to describe a new MMO being planned, these are not the sorts of things you’d use to describe its foundations.

And if WoW is failing so bad that it needs to be scrapped why in the names of all the little green gods would you even plan to make another clever copy MMO?

???

/10chars

There is almost no way that the leak is real, but if it is, it’s actually probably a good thing. Blizzard had several IPs near dead in the water that held a lot of promise (especially Diablo), and there’s so much bloat in WoW - that not only is its age showing very badly, but there’s so many systems built on systems built on systems even now that it just… is bloat. Classic not going past Wrath and merging servers isn’t a surprise either.

I doubt it’s true, given it’s out of nowhere and there’s no credible sources given, but it doesn’t sound entirely outlandish. Especially with how delayed OW2 has been and how we’ve heard nothing from Starcraft.

Blizzard as a company has clearly been in a terrible state for over a decade. Legion was a fluke.

2 Likes

WoD was leaked in full detail on mmo-c quite a while before it came out by a 1 post user. And people all screamed fake and stupid.

Not saying this particular leak is true, just wanted to post a fun fact from the past.

1 Like

I sadly agree. I am really sorry that Azeroth is in their hands because it really seems that all this magical world is to them is a cash cow to milk as hard as they can.

I mean you should take things from a better MMO. Blizz used to do that all the time and innovate on them. Now they just put out convoluted :poop:

Lets be serious, if you look at SL Blizz has zero good ideas. This wasn’t an execution problem. These ideas and systems are bad at their core. They need to steal some good ideas from other games, please and thanks. Or hire new people with an actual vision for WoW.

The MMO market is thriving. There are millions of potential customers out there and even more as time goes by. I think they want a piece of that action and they can’t do it anymore with WoW.

They have a choice to watch other companies succeed and just fail or make a new MMO and be a part of a market that will only get bigger.

This is how they fix it. Make all my casters just like Sabrina from the abomination factory. “CHAOS BOLT CHAOS BOLT! Incineraaaaaaaaate! IMMOLATE!” while i’m casting. There, the game is fixed.