Regarding addons on classic

i cant be the only one hoping with dont get the same amalgamation of addons that we have on retail…i agree that cosmetics ui addons are cool i really believe that DBM and BIGWIGS cripple the encounters by a huge margin, on classic we didnt have anything like that and would be nice not to have it again…damage meters are ok because they give you feedback to improve, but addons that spell out the fight sec by sec is really not ok…that is just my opinion.

7 Likes

I read this as “flight” and was offended that you won’t like the AFK flight timer I’m considering re-writing (if no-one does).

But your addons are your choice. DBM and other raid alerting existed in Vanilla. I got a big flashy warning when I was the bomb. I got another when Rags submerged etc.

We had all those tools back then and in many ways raiding was more automated, especially for healers. But rogues had their one button macros, Hunters had their one button macros etc too.

The magic world of “I raided with no addons in Vanilla” is more of a “Why were you such a noob in Vanilla” than “Oooh you must have skill”.

11 Likes

I’m down for there to be addons in the game. Just not in the first week. Like let the first week of classic be pure vanilla. But after that initial week: let people go ham on addons.

1 Like

those addons were chat based warning not skill timers

1 Like

The effect is the same, and most of the Vanilla fights had large RNG elements in their timers because Blizzard wasn’t writing them to fit the addons.

We had timers saying “No fire burst here” but once those ran out, there was no guarantee that he’d immediately use the ability. That’s a Wrath onwards type of effect. So even the new versions of these tools will be primarily reactionary, because that’s how the fights work.

1 Like

i think skill cooldowns, and ui skin are ok, damage meters necessary for afk slackers, but boss timers absolutely not…

so im talking about classic and you agree with me and say that from wrath onward was different? btw, a chat warning that is followed by a vocal warning is NOT the same has knowing the EXACT TIME a skill was going to go off…the most advanced addon we had was on the cthun fight a rangefinder and was nowhere near precise as the ones we have today…so once more, damage meters, scrolling combat text, ui skins, and bar cooldowns are ok, if you disagree with me i`ll be pleased to hear your point

I want them all

6 Likes

compelling argue you have there sir

If you comprehended my statement, you’d know that this is not possible in Vanilla.

2 Likes

It wasn’t meant to be an argument. That’s what I want.

1 Like

skills on vanilla are not random, they are timed (~3 sec ), life % based, and reactionary

Maybe on a private server.

@OP: you do realize there have always been DBM-like addons, even in vanilla, right? I’m actually fairly positive DBM was the premier raid addon that started it all…

1 Like

Don’t need to make, but one basic point.

You do you.

Quit telling others how to play. If you wish to play without specific addons or without addons at all that is your choice. Addons were around in Vanilla and will be here. Whining just makes you like an entitled brat.

3 Likes

not really[quote=“Eloraell-moon-guard, post:12, topic:192762, full:true”]

Maybe on a private server.
[/quote]

not really… i was there i remember…

So was I. Many of the bosses had a lockout time, and then a window of use, upwards of 10-15s for some abilities.

thank you for the civil contribution in the discussion with a totally non toxic post, really appreciate that

3 Likes

Not right off the bat though. Took some time for people to figure stuff out.

At first, you only had your mainbar and had to manually “switch bars” for more key binds. Means that you did not have a permanent view on all your skills and their cooldowns at all time.

could you please name something please?

Not off the top of my head, no. But that doesn’t invalidate the point.

The tools existed back then, and will exist again. I’m sure that Blizzard is getting sick of all the fantasy worlds that never existed, which people are peddling.