Red/Pink water in Ardenweald

Thank you - I will try this. Particle density for me is turned to off but I’ll try turning ground clutter off, too.

I was hesitating moving to Big Sur because I wasn’t sure how it would affect my 3D art apps, but if it helps with WoW, maybe I will.

1 Like

It seems to get better for a while, then gets worse… I set density to low, it mostly seems to go away, but ran a Mists, it came back and now kinda follow me everywhere in Ardenwaeld. After I went through the whole code signing debacle to upgrade to 10.13.6 since Blizzard said it was recommended,

1 Like

It might not make a ton of difference upgrading to 10.13.6, I’m running 10.15.7 and it’s still doing it. I’m still nervous about upgrading to Big Sur.

1 Like

I’m on 10.15.7 as well, just to add. Still an issue for me, today I notices red rocks and flags in Maldraxxus.

1 Like

I got Tirna Scithe on my random yesterday, and even with particle density set to off and ground clutter set to off, I still had pink shiny water interfering with the second boss.

Most likely a bug in the graphics drivers… of which Blizzard has no control over… only Apple. If the problem doesn’t exist under Windows on the same hardware (i.e. bootcamp), then it is clearly a driver issue from Apple.

If your hardware is depreciated, you will likely never see a updated driver for it.

At this point noting your exact hardware and OS version is more helpful than just noting that the problem exists because it clearly only affects certain hardware. My graphic issues aren’t the same but they have persisted for many expansions and will continue to do so for the very reason this one may for you… outdated drivers.

If it’s drivers, has anyone tried it under windows on the same machine using boot camp?

I don’t think there’s a way to manually update Apple graphics drivers like on Windows. If someone knows how to do it, I would love some help. Thanks!

So far, I have seen it on my desktop Mac Pro running an NVidia 1070 and MacOS 10.13.6. My son has seen it on his 2018 MBP with AMD video and 10.15.??. I have NOT seen it on my 2019 MBP with AMD video that I upgraded to Big Sur. At least, not so far… I haven’t done a whole lot on that machine, but running around Ardenweald, everything looks as I expect it should. Particles is set to “good” and ground clutter is 7.

I wish I could remember if I saw the red on my MBP before upgrading to Big Sur, but I had barely logged into WoW on there before that.
[GryphonMD]

I have this problem as well. It shows up rather randomly, in different areas of the game. (Though I haven’t seen it in dungeons or raids yet.) I am on a MacBook Pro (2020) with Intel integrated graphics, running Catalina, 10.15.7.

Gist of it is
it affects intel graphics on all 10.13-10.15, unsure of 11.x

it affects nvidia graphics on 10.13 using web driver, unknown about 10.14-11.x with nvidia graphics, considering so few of them left, not that they’d run wow with any sort of decent performance anyways

it affects AMD if < 10.15.x but seems to be massively reduced on amd 10.15-12.x . Although I have still seen glitch in tiny amounts as late as 12.0.1 on AMD recently so the underlying cause may still exist even if it’s greatly reduced.

My prediction. considering apple abandoned nvidia long ago and just abandoned intel, it’s likely the bug was on their end but they only bothered to fix it on AMD because that’s generally how they do their software support. deprecate older hardware fixes VERY quickly.

In other words, because it’s an issue not affecting M1 video drivers or current AMD mac drivers, i wouldn’t expect much effort on apples endn to fix. Blizzards end, that remains to be seen but their mac resource allocation is pretty lackluster these days.

For the record, I upgraded to Big Sur (11.1) and I still have the same problem on my 21.5" iMac.

I encountered this annoying issue on my imac pro. Looks like Blizzard doesn’t read the forums. Has anyone tried raising a ticket?

What are you running in terms of Mac and OS? A little information we might be able to troubleshoot.

Simply adding commentary here to validate the issue and also provide a bump. I have a 2018 MBP and am also seeing this red haze issue. Reducing particle density to “Low” seems to mostly mitigate the issue.

Specs:

• 2018 MBP
  • macOS Mojave 10.14.6
  • Core i9 CPU @ 2.9 Ghz
  • 32 Gb RAM
  • AMD Vega 20 4GB RAM

WoW and Battle.net apps fully updated.

I also have a 2020 MBP M1. I haven’t installed WoW on that yet to verify and compare. Will post here with updates.

Adding my info as well to confirm it is still happening as of March 2021 and to /bump thread.

Specs:
Mac OS 10.15.7
mid 2012 15" MacBook Pro 16 GB RAM / SSD
Nvidia GeForce GT 650M 1 GB

Game runs just fine with low to medium graphics effects, no issues with view distance FPS, etc.
BUT red / pink water is there when particle density set to anything but “Low”

Otherwise, everything looks / works just fine.

Adding my info as well, I see it in Mechagon 100 percent reliably. April 2021 now…

Specs:
Mac OS 10.14.6
2010 Mac Pro 12 Cores 3.46ghz 128gb RAM
AMD Vega 64 8gb

Everything else fine, running at Graphics Quality 7, High for most settings.

1 Like