Red/Pink water in Ardenweald

When I have particle density set to anything above the lowest setting, I get this strange Reddish/Pink coloring to a lot of water effects in Ardenweald and Mists of Tirna Scithe Mistcaller area (can barely see anything at all in there as it seems to be the “air” that is effected by this and not just the water).

The size and shape seems to get bigger as I bring the camera angle down lower.

https://ibb.co/9ZxpvYh

Admittedly this might just be my own unique problem as I have a hackintosh still running High Sierra with an NVIDIA GTX 1080 GPU and drivers.

5 Likes

This isn’t a unique problem. I have it as well. It is making water red in Ardenweald and Revendreth. I’m also seeing some vegetation near water do the same. It changes back to normal when you adjust your camera angle. I’m running on a 2010 Mac Pro with High Sierra and a GTX 1060.

4 Likes

I’m getting the same thing on my 2013 iMac, GTX775. I was hoping there was something I could turn up or down to make it go away. It seems to be only appearing a certain distance away, as moving towards it clears/pushes it back.

1 Like

I’m running into the same bug in Maldraxxus. Started noticing it in Bastion. Disabling particle density seems to fix it but I’d rather not lose out on all the cool atmosphere! I’m running a 2019 iMac on Mojave with a Radeon Pro Vega 48.

2 Likes

Confirmed. Dropping particle density to low removed it for me.

1 Like

Happened in nearly every zone so far for me. Hopefully the devs are reading this!

1 Like

Wish I had found this thread earlier. I am almost 100% borked on playing the game. Yes I had the same issue. Someone suggested I try and scan & repair. After 20 minutes it failed. Tried a few more times. Did an uninstall, eventually I see the Install button. Click it BUT it won’t because it’s doing a scan & repair on my PTR (which I never use). THAT fails. I manually delete all 3, ptr, classic beta and beta. AGAIN it lauchns into a scan & repair of the ptr ON A BLANK FOLDER… and THAT of course fails. Oh, in the middle of this, I posted in one of the forums asking exactly what gets deleted if one goes about it manually. Come back a few hours later and find my character got wiped… like zero notifications, zero activity (I have a fairly big amount).

I KNOW I have once found a number to call and actually spoke to someone at Blizz… does ANYONE have such a number?

I have gone through utter hell just trying to get the game re-installed, you wouldn’t believe it. And I eventually figured it it’s simply incredibly sloppy software from Blizzard. NOWHERE do they say to get rid of the Data folder, and “uninstalling” the game does NOT delete it. Meantime, no matter how much of everything else (way beyond even what they SAY to delete) I got rid of, it insisted BEFORE I even tried to INSTALL that it had to repair ptr, classic… which were blank, empty folders. So FINALLY I seem to be getting a fresh install (75G worth, good tnhing I have a fairly fast I) connection so it’s chugging along close to 30MB/s.

We shall see if this fixes that red tinting stuff.

2 Likes

At first the red tint seemed solved, but it has come back, so far not as MUCH. After a total, complete 100% wipe of EVERYTHING from blizz (save addons, WTF). NOT going to even hint at another try at scan & repair, I’d expect it would end me up in the same place.

1 Like

Having the same issue here. Mists of Tirna Scithe in particular is painful. I get water and some “ground clutter” plants glowing red - doesn’t seem to change when I try lowering graphics settings.

I have a Late 2014 Mac Mini, Intel Iris 1536 MB Graphics card.

I get this bug all the time but don’t know how to reproduce it, it’ll be fine for a while then it’ll mess up. Since I haven’t nailed down an exact step to make it happen other than “just play for a couple hours it’ll happen eventually”, it’s hard for QA to get to bottom of it.

is everyone here on 10.13.6?

I know nvidia users are, but what about the AMD and intel reports?

1 Like

I’m running Mojave, 10.14.6

FWIW Mists of Tirna Scithe was a sea of pink/red even on low particle density. Might be a good testing ground if you’re trying to reproduce it.

1 Like

I’m getting this problem too, mostly in Ardenweald (as well as Mists of Tirna Scithe, the mist puzzle/maze area is especially red/pink), though some areas in Maldraxxus and Revendreth get it as well, mostly tinting the ground cover and any enemy/player models.
I’m on a 2020 13" Macbook Pro (not M1), running Catalina 10.15.7.
A friend of mine playing on a Macbook Air (not 100% on his specs, sorry), reported the same red sheen.
I will say it seems to consistently show up in the water in the Hibernal Hollow area.
Hope some of that helps the QA testing! It’s not gameplay breaking or anything but it sure is an eyesore lol

2 Likes

The only thing that reduces this is lowering particle density to Low, but even then I still see the red in mists of tirna scithe and in the sky behind Elysian hold.

Please fix, I miss my pretty spells

1 Like

10.14.6 here. I started seeing this issue with 9.0 was launched, on Mechagon. The water areas around the Rec Rig have this red/pink particle density issue.

1 Like

Same problem here. Especially bad in Ardenweald. I have a Hackintosh “iMacPro” with an AMD Vega 56 graphics card. Never really noticed this so bad till Shadowlands came out. Using MacOS 10.14.6. Problem seems to be with distant items, because once your character gets within a few feet of the red area the area reverts to normal.

1 Like

I’ve seen it too, only once but did see it in Ardenweald in a pond with a waterfall (can’t remember the exact area). I’m using a MacBook Pro with Dual-Core Intel Core i7, OS 10.15.7.

Edites to add:

If these are not supposed to be red, then I see it every time I’m in there. Is it not red mist in there? :flushed:

1 Like

I’m using 10.15.7 and it’s doing it for me badly enough that I got kicked out of Mythic Tirna Scithe. They didn’t believe me that my screen was messed up (and it only just started happening after the last patch).

flic.kr/p/2kf83he is the screenshot I took.

Any idea how to fix? Nothing has worked for me. Thanks.

1 Like

Yup, that’s what I’m seeing. Seems only to be this fight in there. I hadn’t looked closely at it at all since I was focused on not dying / trying to understand the puzzle at first. Today I actually looked and no wonder I can’t see what everyone else seems to be able to. To clarify, it doesn’t effect the puzzles, but the pink smog is really disorienting, that’s why I thought it was meant to do that till I saw this post.

2 Likes

Yes - this makes the fight in mythic where you actually have to pull your weight unplayable. :frowning: Glad I’m not alone though.

1 Like

I have some suggestions for improvement for those having trouble with this:

1. Set particle density to “low”
  2. Turn ground clutter “off” especially for a Mists run.

This doesn’t remove the problem completely, you’ll still get the red hazy glow, but it will remove it from the ground allowing you to see stuff that you need to block.

The hardest part of Mists is the Fairy boss after the maze. She has a dodgeball that produces arrows on the ground which need to be avoided. Removing the ground clutter affect helps you see those arrows and move out of the way. Another tip on that fight, there is only one orb that appears next to her. This is the only “real” dodgeball, the others are all fake. If you look for that one in the air next to the boss, you may not even need to move for this mechanic at all (but probably should just to be safe.)
I was able to get a +10 mists done no problem with these tweaks.

What do we know so far? It’s only affected Mac users on older versions of Mac. It looks like it doesn’t matter AMD or Nvidia, which means its not a driver issue on their end, but on Apple.

Make sure you are updating your OS (even if you are staying on 10.13/14) and hopefully this issue will go away soon.

Solution should be found after users who are on the latest OS confirm that this glitch goes away.

P.S. You will also get this problem in some spaces of Revendreath. However, I have done the raid and didn’t have it there so at least we can look forward to that.

1 Like