<Red Rising> New Horde normal random BG community

Can anyone explain the how and where these communities are set up? How they work? How to get in one or learn about them?

Communities are kind of just cross-realm guilds. Open the Guild/Community tab while in game, and on the left there is an option to ‘find a community’. Type the name of the one you are looking for and you can apply to join - you will have to wait to be accepted unless the leader has it set up to auto-accept.

I have found that the search tool can be a bit finicky. If you aren’t seeing the community you are searching for, make sure you don’t have filters enabled that are potentially filtering it out (may have to enable cross-faction in the filters). If you still aren’t seeing it you may need to reach out to one of the community leaders directly for an invite or link.

Red Rising will soon be queuing 5 healers into normals, and the alliance are simply not prepared for it

1 Like

Haha, we did queue 3 healers 1 blood dk and 1 (honor geared) elemental shaman. It was what people were on but it was hilariously ineffective when the pugs did low damage. You want 3-4 solid dps imo but we don’t have the numbers to be picky and aren’t trying to optimize.

Doing 4-5 healers would be bizarre. Idk how that matching works. I assume it just ads more healers to your team instead of trying to match numbers with the enemy.

Have you no shame?!

:rage:

Bahaha yeah I was just kidding of course, that would be insane and potentially violate some kinda federal anti-torture law.

Having a bunch of healers may make queuing a bit awkward right now, but will be great once some more dps flow in and you can get multiple groups going.

2 Likes

Played with Killer Instinct and RedR doing BGs for 4 hours today. Lost 1 AB, won the rest but some were close calls. Up to 50 members. Progress.

It doesn’t need to grow too big, I may start soliciting the well performing players to see if they are interested. Especially some of those people with large phallic like dps, if you catch my drift. Could always use some more of them.

Won’t random bgs get kinda boring if you’re winning nearly all of your games?

If you’re stacking high performing healers and DPS, most games will probably be pretty one-sided.

1 Like

I think you’re on the wrong forum, LOL.

They were actually pretty fun. Some of those close games could have gone either way. I think you drastically overestimate how “stacked” we are. I think you might be surprised by how many party lead crowns there are on players in these games. Most random games are filled with premades of varying skill level these days.

Seems like a much better question for Grar and his 99% winrate premade. Whatever haphazard group I’m running with would never hold a candle to his team. Those are the kind of teams that put fear into random players.

Oops, my bad.

2 Likes

sometimes, i mostly just like seeing win streak number go up

also fun to have the occasional game that we hard carry and should be impossible to win

i do think horde has the better overall premades after mercing for about a month, don’t come across many good alliance that i recognize

There is no reason to not merc as an alliance premade. There are definitely more premades playing on horde side in the time frames that I play. Alliance PUGs tend to roll Horde PUGs, however.

edit: Also, top damage from an assassination rogue. AoE build into team fight stalemates, I guess. :slight_smile:

loving the 1 min q times

don’t doubt this at all

yeah, the damage that game was extremely rough lmao

I agree with this statement but didn’t realize having a practically 100% win rate in unrated BGs was so important to some people. I guess it’s no different from the relatively few sweaty toxics in epic BGs.

Good luck with the new community :+1:

How are win rates after a few weeks?

Somewhere in the 70-80% range. I had 2 tie deepwind gorge back to back days.

Red Rising recently broke 100 members. I’ve been attempting some direct recruitment to limited success.

2 Likes

I’ll hit you up on my DK Widowmaker, he will ding 70 tonight.

Grats!

Direct recruitment as in whispering them?

Usually I let people know in /rw to pst if interested to join. You could also post link of your community in the bg chat for anyone to join.