Recruit A Friend

I recruited my son and got him 6 months of gametime yet I do not see him listed as a recruit in the Recruited Friends tab. I haven’t purchased Dragonflight for him yet so if thats an issue let me know, otherwise why is he not showing up?

Did you use the link that was provided to link the two accounts? Also, was this a new account that was used or one that had been inactive for two years?

If it’s a new account and it’s still not linked, use the link again to ensure that the two accounts are linked.

Also, look to see if an additional WoW account was created under your son’s battle.net. That’s usually a sign that the existing account did not qualify for the RaF promotion and the game created a new one.

4 Likes

I used the generated link and signed him up through it. His account is brand new.

If it’s brand new, then it should be linked just fine. What happens if you try to use the link again while on their account?

Edit to add…while not a part of your inquiry, perhaps let the Guild Leader of your guild know to open a ticket and request a name change for the guild before they end up with an account action for it.

1 Like

Have they logged into WoW on their account yet? I believe this needs to happen before they show up in the recruits list, if recent memory serves correctly.

I checked and he only has the WoW1 account. He’s logged in and doing exiles reach. I tried the link again and it seems like it went though, it took me back to the download page for the wow client.

Perfect. Are you able to check to see if they now show up in your in-game RAF tab?

He still doesn’t show up. I’m hoping it’s a matter of time before it shows up.

That is certainly interesting. The only other thing I can think of is whether or not you’re signed into the same WoW account/license (e.g. WoW1, WoW2, etc.) that you used to generate the RAF link when checking things.

Hopefully it’ll resolve. It may be possible that a blue pops in and lets you know if they see a RAF link, although that’s not a guarantee.

Are you able to group up with your son’s character and summon them via the right-click option?

2 Likes

This looks linked to me, Grimblack - WoW 1 license on an outlook email.

4 Likes

Oh hey i see that he shows up on my RAF tab now sweet!. This can be closed now.

2 Likes