Recruit A Friend & Steamscale Incinerator

Greetings!

I am about to send out a RAF link to someone planning on doing a six-month subscription. We want to make sure we get the full benefits of RAF and I noticed that game time purchased under special promotions won’t count.

Does the Steamscale Incinerator count as a special promotion for game time? The mount is nice and all (I have one!), but the value of the sub is the primary reason for getting it.

I can’t seem to find any information in the details of the RAF nor the Steamscale articles.

Thank you so much in advance for your assistance!

Do you happen to have a link to where you saw that Getnerfed? I was just looking through the RaF Support Article and couldn’t find it.

As far as I know, any paid game time should count towards your RaF rewards on the recruiter account. I don’t believe that the promo for paying for 6 months of game time would work any differently though I don’t think this has come up in the past. Not that I can recall at least!

2 Likes

This is correct. I’m not aware of anything regarding special promotion time.

4 Likes

Thank you so much for the replies!

Here is the page with the info in question (the forum will not let me include links in my post, hence the spaces):

worldofwarcraft .com/ en-us/ game/ recruit-a-friend

I don’t see a way to insert an image, but I will copy/paste the text below from the FAQ:

"Q: What counts as having “active game time” on an account?

A: Purchasing a WoW subscription, using a WoW Token, or getting game time as part of a bundle all count as adding active game time to an account. Game time added to an account through special promotions do not apply or count towards Recruit A Friend rewards. Refer to the Support Article (support.blizzard .com /article /000046861) for full details."

I am satisfied that this won’t be an issue at this time, though. Thank you again for the swift response!

1 Like

Special Promotion game time is primarily the game time you get from promotions like Recruit a Friend. Basically, the game time you earn as your Recruit qualifies for the various game time rewards will not qualify as active game time if you were the Recruit of someone else.

The game time as part of a bundle, which counts as active game time, is the bundle subscription + mount would be considered. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Thank you for the clarification and again for the speedy response!

1 Like