Recruit A Friend Returns Soon!

Nowhere in this link did it say that the old RAF rewards were being discontinued. They even literally say “dont worry!” in the post. I’m all for limited, time exclusive content but at least be clear about it.

Poor communication on blizz’s part as usual.

7 Likes

Cosmetics need their own slot entirely. Enough with tagging things onto other gear slots. Velf wings need to be a cosmetic slot, quivers, backpack, totem, librams, etc. I despise the Velf chestpiece (which also comes with neck warmers too???). Ugh all around

2 Likes

RAF - The BFA Mafia shakedown.

Can you imagine recruiting a friend then pestering them for almost 12 months to get the rewards?

Player: “Hey, you should check out BFA (or Classic)! It’s great fun and we can play together!”
RAF: “Okay, I’ll check it out!”

Then monthly thereafter…

Player: “Hey, did your sub pay this month??”
RAF: “yeah…”
Player: “Ok cool, just checking!”

Imagine if the RAF cancelled 1 month in or even better at 11 months.

Way to bring salt between “friends” by hounding them to keep subscribed for their own perks. A well thought out program, imo.

If toxicity in the game isn’t enough, let’s bring it into the real world.

5 Likes

one link you generate can be used to recruit 4 friends, and you can generate 1 link every month. So if you get 4 recruits a month for 12 months straight you would have 48 recruits and among those 48 recruits a total of 12 months of game time would have to be purchased to get every reward available for this promo.

You really shouldnt have to be asking anyone if they are subscribing or not because of the rewards as long as you get are trying to recruit 4 people for each link. This also means these noobs are going to want to level with you and learn the game with you in a party with you to get the 50% xp.

So the new class for 9.0 is :drumroll:

The Telemarketer.

2 Likes

or you could actually go talk to new players and play the game with them and make a new friend

Plus,

if anyone asks you about classic and tells you they want to try it out, toss them a link. they dont have to play retail or play in a party with you they just have to purchase game time so classic is fair play too if you know people interested in playing classic…

Honestly, an interesting plan conjured up by them after reading/thinking about this for 15 mins

It’s important to note you can only have 10 people on your RAF list, as stated in the link. So you need to get 1-10 people to purchase a combined 12 months for all the rewards for said promo.

They have?

1 Like

This comes to mind.

1 Like

Just throw the backpack in the cash shop plz lol

1 Like

I don’t want to agree with this, because I don’t want to see the cash shop expand that much.

but … RAF really is just, as someone in the comments from the blog post put it:

“This entire system is literally make another acc and recruit self for rewards.”

Let us skip the hassle.

5 Likes

Maybe this RAF nonsense’s secondary (maybe even primary) goal is to get us to ask for more things in the cash shop.

4 Likes

expanding the cash shop is inevitable. The cash shop is a success, whether or not the forum minority agrees for Blizzard to expand it.

I look forward to seeing what Blizzard brings out next!

/whispers psssst, Blizzard, start selling full mog sets and potions! :wink:

It’s not so different from being on the cash shop, albeit more tedious.

Get a new account, buy 12 months on it and get back 4 months. Effectively spring for the new account and 8mths sub which comes to $104.

Divide that by the two mounts, the pet and the transmog, comes to $26 per item

1 Like

theres probably going to be another 6 month mount so you could get all the rewards right away if you can find like 2 people…

Basically this. They know retail is garbage and the cash shop is on par with or outperforming sub revenue. This is an attempt to target retail whales.

Basically dump resources in to creating armor sets/items that far surpass in game rewards in quality and lure more whales into spending money by opening additional accounts. Classic (for the moment) isn’t monetized outside the base subscription and this reeks of an effort to counterbalance the lost player service/store revenue

2 Likes

Well originally they were planned on just coming back like normal, but this way they can bring back the digital items for a “LIMITED TIME ONLY” deal like they did with the other mounts and pets.

From Community Manager Nethaera:

Blockquote @Léaf: We don’t have a timeframe to share with you just yet, nor do we have information we’re ready to share on the changes and updated rewards just yet either. Sorry. We’ll do our best to get you that information when we can.

“Updated rewards” clearly implies retirement of old RAF rewards. So yeah, it’s not inconceivable to think that the old RAF rewards are intended to be gone forever.

Personally, I think it’s garbage that they were permanently retired with so little time left to acquire them and with such poor communication regarding future availability of the old rewards. Hopefully, it might mean that the devs will find a way to re-implement the old rewards among with the new.

I know, right? My wife and I have been subbed since the beginning, through thick and thin. I agree that Azeroth is better explored with friends.