Recruit A Friend Question

My account is currently inactive. According to the support article about not receiving rewards, rewards cannot be obtained while an account is inactive-- That’s fine.

I’m just wondering if potential rewards (i.e. game time) will be available to be claimed once I add game time to my account again, or if my account had to be active during that time when my friend’s account ticked over to the next month to be eligible.

1 Like

The way the Support Article words it …

To be eligible to earn rewards, you must have active game time on your account at the time your recruit adds game time.

… seems to indicate if your account is NOT active when the Recruit adds time, then you would not be eligible to earn that reward (at all). This is of course, my own conjecture based on how it sounds to me.

However, I am not sure if that would then disqualify you from any future rewards should you add time to your account afterwards.

https://us.battle.net/support/en/article/000046861 (under troubleshooting).

2 Likes

However, if either account is inactive for six months, the raf link is broken and no further rewards will be granted.

2 Likes

If that’s the way it works, I feel it should be more explicitly stated somewhere on the RAF page-- as I was waiting on that 30 day of game time reward on their 2nd month so I could join them again and continue. I would’ve kept my account active if I knew that was a requirement to get any reward.

They do have it listed in this one:

Rewards may not be claimable while the recruit’s payment is being processed or recruiters have no game time on their account. Emphasis mine.

2 Likes

Yes, of course-- but it’s information one has to go searching for after a problem has arisen, rather than something that’s known beforehand when one is adding a RAF. It doesn’t make it terribly clear if unclaimed rewards can be claimed after game time is added to the recruiter’s account, or if they’re just lost and one needs to gain another RAF month to meet those requirements.

Either way, thank you for the reply.

Edit: Just to clarify, the purpose behind my question is to find out whether I should bother reactivating my account to claim rewards or if those rewards are no longer available until the next payment cycle on my friend’s account. The wording on the RAF site says “Recruiters must have active game time to secure rewards”, but this seems to imply the rewards still exist but just can’t be claimed until they have active game time. I hope I’m making sense.

Yeah, I see what you mean Cantaloupe. I’m not too sure if you get the reward upon logging in (after adding game time) or if you have to wait for your recruit’s next billing cycle.

If it’s the later, it also makes me wonder if you get the reward you missed or simply the next one on the list. I’d assume the one you missed, but I haven’t found anything yet to say either way.

If I find something, I’ll let you know. Or we might get lucky and a blue might poke their head in and let us know.

2 Likes

If the recruiting account wasn’t active when the recruit paid for game time, you wouldn’t receive it at that time but as far as I know it shouldn’t skip the reward.

So, for example, if you are due the mount next, you should still get it on the next reward grant, it will just be the next month of paid game time from your recruit.

4 Likes

Thank you for the reply. I also submitted a ticket earlier and received this information as well.

Unfortunately it looks like I missed out on the extra game time, and will have to wait 'til the next cycle to get it, but it would not be the case if it were a different reward.