Reclaiming Gilneas.....Scarlet Crusade attacked yet again

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Yeah okay… That’s why we keep slaughtering you …

Enjoy your dreams.

Scarlets are worse than any plague we can come up with.

What’s curious to me is none of these scarlet crusade characters in the thread are on RP realms.

1 Like

Once you lose your home in the under city, I hope the orc will allow you to live in their sewers outside of their capital.

I posted this as another thread but then I realized it belonged here so I’m moving it.

Upon further consideration, I have concluded that Genn Graymane is actually a strategic genius. He admits to us that he isn’t familiar with the Scarlet Crusade because they came about during his isolationist period, but apparently he catches on quickly and sets about to address their concerns directly instead of merely dismissing them.

It is curious to me that Turalyon wasn’t there to help reclaim Gilneas in Anduin’s absence, but since Alliance reinforcements did assist in taking the city after the gate was opened, I’m assuming Genn had his tacit support. If not, Genn is certainly well enough known he might have recruited Alliance supporters for the reclaiming directly. Either way, the direct involvement of Stormwind was minimized, thereby negating the first point of Scarlet propaganda against Anduin’s alleged usurpation of the northern kingdoms. Stormwind didn’t appear directly involved in the reclaiming at all but it was initiated solely by the Gilnean royal family. This is particularly important considering the Scarlet propaganda seems aware of the fact that it was Stormwind who already evicted the Forsaken from Gilneas (with the help of the Gilneas Liberation Front), and so technically Stormwind gets to decide who occupies it. Genn has this backing, but sets out to reclaim the territory independently.

The involvement of Calia and the Forsaken, unfortunately, was obviously a surprise to Genn, and although his objections were dismissed as the trauma-induced prejudices of a doddering old man, there is in fact more to it than that. The Scarlets had called out Calia as part of the conspiracy of the undead which they (together with Genn) vehemently opposed. Her presence and participation in the retaking of Gilneas would undoubtedly have justified Scarlet propaganda and undermined Genn’s effort to negate the Scarlet’s claims to Gilneas.

Finally, the Scarlets had objected to the Worgen controlling Gilneas, and Genn’s final act in the reclaiming was designed to address this, too. By abdicating the Gilnean throne to Tess, a non-Worgen who he nonetheless knows is deeply sympathetic to the “curse” of his people, he again contradicts the Scarlet propaganda and removes their final objection to Gilneas being controlled by other than “pure-blooded humans.”

Genn is clearly the better strategist here, as it was only Tess’ collusion with the Forsaken that might have given the Scarlets any serious objection to the Reclaiming. If Genn’s plan had been strictly followed and the Forsaken had not been involved, the Gilneans could have not only taken back their home but their presence there would not have left the Scarlets much room to snivel about it. By Tess involving the Forsaken, she’s only insured that the Scarlets may justifiably continue their Crusade in Gilneas in the future.

Well it’s not required to be on an RP realm to enjoy RP’ing. you gotta admit it’s fun

2 Likes

I mean seriously, take it to an RP page .

Or should we have a fun talk with Lillian and let her break loose on you all yet again… She loves snapping heads.

Actualy with the way you guys are wording things, take it to RP not here .

He didn’t go missin’ he went to see the King! That he decided to stay on Karesh post concert and got married is beside the point! Everyone knows the King’s music is incredible! What ye never heard of the priceless Velvet Terenas? Zul’jin has one in that dump he calls a shop.

I may be makin a trade for it soon, though I hate to give up my vintage “Post-Second War-Milk Carton collection” You know, the “Exploding Sheep™” brand that has Alleria, Danath, Turalyon, Khadgar, and Kurdran’s faces plastered on it. Even still has the original milk in it! Zul’jin’s excited for this trade. Exploding Sheep™ vintage cheese is a hot commodity these days.

That said and shifting the talk serious and lore based, it appears in the new quests that the Scarlet Commanders were drafting people from other places that were not Native Lordaeronians. So really it appears to be a couple extremists recruiting now like the Scarlet Crusade. If I didn’t appreciate the disposable corpse nature of their organization, I would suggest Forsythe and the others ask the Forsaken to end their lease on life and bring them undeath.

:man_shrugging:

Excellent points. It all falls apart if we believe the propaganda came from the scarlets in the first place. Very possible it came from the council

Oh, “it was just counter-propaganda written to make us look bad.” Sure. Likely story. Unfortunately it’s entirely consistent with the worldview of your organization so it’s difficult to find it uncredible.

1 Like

no here what? it’s a general discussion. how is this bothering you.

You can simply not comment. or is that too simple?

1 Like

People calling ALL news that doesn’t conform to their reality as “fake news” are like children putting their fingers in their ears and saying “LALALALALALA.”

1 Like

No they need to voice how UNCOMFORTABLE they are and how just seeing someone else’s post is extraneous and upsetting. They don’t have the common sense or intelligence to realize it’s a waste of their time and that they should ignore it and read something else. They don’t have the brain capacity to have an educated discussion and debate it. They don’t even have the wit to make a joke about it as humor is offensive to them.

So instead they run to the Mods like a 5 year kindergartener old running to the yard duty and then lying wholesale about what really happened. Really this trend has also been enabled on a lot of forums for far too long also, so they tend to lose it or have a complete state of mental confusion on the why, when a Mod pushes back now.

I call such episodes of mental break down, a Gallywixism.

Why? Because they remind me of Jastor Gallywix mental state when something goes in a way he didn’t plan.

1 Like

Entertainingly written. If all forum discussions were like this, it would be very amusing.
People who unironically think the Scarlets are worse than the Forsaken in moral terms surprise me, though.

1 Like

I wish WoW would hire you as a writer and make SC a real faction. Alliance has lost its way now that we are friends with the Horde. The narrative is so toothless right now that I want to throw rotten tomatoes at the writers.

1 Like

You won’t be happy when you see New-Alleria. She’s been remodeled into what looks like a self insert for the author of Shadow’s Rising, complete with the fasci-woman shaved head haircut. Kind of hilarious. She looks like she’s gearing up to act like a bitter Karen writing angsty X Posts about how much she hates Turalyon and all of his “Old Light energy” or something.

I’ve always liked the Scarlet Crusade. Good read. :+1:t2::crown::heart:

2 Likes

Geebus this is still going. Wild.

3 Likes

So? The nature of crusaders is that they will continue the crusade, and they will consider themselves justified, regardless of whether there’s any actual logic involved. If anything, actual logic is a disadvantage to a true fanatic since it could eventually be turned against you, whereas if you’re like Artenn and you just argue first and figure out your logic later, you never have that problem.

“Fanaticism consists in redoubling your efforts when you have forgotten your aim.” - George Santayana

Of course you’re correct about Scarlet motivations, which aren’t really my true concern. The actual issue is a clear strategic misstep by the new Gilnean Queen. I’m afraid she’s letting her Uncrowned loyalties to Forsaken sisters-in-arms like Lillian Voss take precedence over her loyalty to Gilneas and its future interests. For someone who was willing to receive the Worgen curse to better understand her people, she doesn’t seem to have really thought this through.

1 Like