Reclaiming Gilneas!

I see that happening too, mainly because I can Gilneas being the Alliance capital in Midnight, while the Horde is the Ruins of Lordaeron/Undercity.

5 Likes

If Gilneas and Lordaeron are included in midnight’s revamp then these revamps in future expansions will be absolutely massive.

3 Likes

I am so excited to finally get this city I have always loved the theme and culture finally my worgen cant have a city. I hope to see worgen druids running around like wild animals

2 Likes

Yeah I hope to see all the worgens we interacted with in the starting area of the worgen questline come back

2 Likes

I am thinking they might put a portal link between the Blackwald and Bel’ameth, and have a small night elven presence around the howling oak.

4 Likes

Gilnean fans rejoice!!! The new PTR build introduced several new NPCs in Gilneas, the city itself is totally cleaned up and full of life!!

Innkeepers, vendors, etc. This is so exciting, I’m gonna explore more and take some pics for you later.

11 Likes

Yes yes but does it have an auction house?

2 Likes

That’s soo awesome! Gilneas, my new home for everything is finally coming true! There was always a spot in the back of my mind that just knew this day was coming.

Can I get emotional, because I really want to :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

You have been waiting for like… 12-14 years for this?

Yes, I think so.

2 Likes

https://imgur.com/a/aSKcwok

The updated areas this time are Gilneas City and Stormglen Village. There are various NPCs roaming around the city.

You can also see Krennan Aranas and Darius Crowley with his daughter.

9 Likes

Can’t tell, the NPCs are pretty buggy, you cannot really interact with them.

1 Like

I really hope they add Halford Ramsey.

6 Likes

Minor update in the Blackwald: Belysra who was there last build is gone, Celestine is in her place.

2 Likes

I love it. Thanks for posting some pics :blush:

2 Likes

Yes Finally! It’s so good to see Gilneas returned after so many years!

2 Likes

It’s really interesting to me how many Worgen we see. I like that Blizzard seems to be hinting that a big chunk, maybe like 65% of Gilneans are now Worgen. Cause that’s a lot of them walking around in these pics!

PLEASE!! I would love this. He was such a cool character and would love for him to be officially canon in the game.

2 Likes

It looks like they’re finally bringing back the animated windows from the first phase of the Worgen starting questline. I’ve been unable to check myself due to the new PTR build being too unstable. Hopefully they will add in the telescope in Greymane Manor as well, and fix the broken bridge too.

From the screenshots it looks like Grandma Wahl is back. I wonder if they’ll bring back the pie vendor with the unique pie items too.

1 Like

It isn’t boat necromancy. They raise wrecks from the bottom of the ocean in the sense that they literally raise them up out of the water and then repair them enough to be seaworthy again. Though, stuff like the Forsaken Boat model from BFA are pretty clearly original designs and not dredged up wreckages.

5 Likes

Well maybe it should be, because the phrase “boat necromancy” sounds very cool!!

7 Likes

Where do I even begin… I think I’m going back to my Worgen roots on my main Druid. I started as Worgen in mid Cata, and seeing what appears to be the first stage of Gilneas repopulation on the 10.2.5 PTR today threw me right back to my childhood and reinvigorated me with nostalgia. Here’s what I’ve found so far and my thoughts on it:

Despite how laggy the PTR is, and how often you DC (esp. in the area?) I was able to clearly see the graphical details in Gilneas have been updated. It’s subtle and makes perfect sense, as it’s more on par with the modern game but the structures or outlines haven’t changed at all (so, it’s just a graphical fidelity update). As for the zone and city details - they have been cleared from the burning rubble and forsaken machinery. Gilnean NPCs in Human and Worgen forms roam the streets, strolling and working, there are a few flavour vendors, and even an innkeeper. Seeing “teleports you to Gilneas City” on my hearthstone… Need I say more?

As per the links and screenshots posted above in this thread - I hope the new harbor links to Stormwind, and potentially Bel’ameth as well, and maybe we’ll even see portals and other services and amenities. I don’t think it’s likely that Gilneas will have all the functions that Stormwind /Orgrimmar and Valdrakken have, but it’s still a great step and I’m just happy it gets to be a proper alliance city like I’ve always wanted it to be.

The Worgen story deserved to be resolved, and we deserved to get Gilneas back in-game. The tragedy of Gilneas kicked off my WoW journey, and I can scarcely express my delight and contentment in its redemption. I feel privileged that I lived to see it happen :rofl:

For Gilneas, and for the Alliance! :wolf:

7 Likes