Reclaiming Gilneas!

I take Team Rocket much more seriously than I take the Scarlet Crusade at this point.

7 Likes

My guess is since the forsaken pulled out of Gilneas, it would act as a good staging ground to try to rebuild their forces especially if no other forces were there to pester them and most thought the land was abandoned.

1 Like

Team Rocket is great in that they’re terrible villains but the moment they try being allies they become measures more competent and effective.

Jessie and James never laid their hands on Ash and Pikachu but the minute someone else tries to do the same they run interference like it’s no one’s busniess.

They even turn up for his big League win in the series finale.

Love those goobers

7 Likes

they also have had some moments over the 26 years of being Ash’s foils where they legitimately managed to become scary

because they were the fronts for a powerful organization that could give them resources when it deemed fitting rather than that organization getting wiped out every time they wanted to give someone a cheap win.

dear god I’ve been hard on Blizzard writing for decades but I just realized that I’m saying the Pokémon franchise has better worldbuilding and foresight than Warcraft and I need to sit down.

5 Likes

Look they have one good point squared away, let’s not get too crazy with this thread of thought because Pokemon and Good World Building are two different halves of a Venn Diagram

2 Likes

you’re not wrong but the fact that this actually crossed my fingertips is an indictment

1 Like

Whenever they would try to do something legitimately without cheating they consistently did it well too. Like when Jessie would do those beauty contests in the DP arc. The only things they fumbled at were being villains.

3 Likes

I wonder if doing this as a Worgen will give a bonus reward?

3 Likes

They could’ve used Ogres for that, and Genn even says OGRES have overrun the ruins of Gilneas in the novel Before the Storm. No need for the writers to pull the Scarlet Crusade out of their rectums yet again.

Ogres would be a worthless enemy. They have no motive, no personality, they’re just big bodies that take up space and would need to be cleared out. The Scarlets are an actual ideological foe.

I get that you’re psychotically opposed to all portrayals of Light users as villains but even you have to see that Ogres would be an extremely dull option.

7 Likes

While I think there are better options than the Scarlets for the Gilneas Reclamation, I do not feel ogres are the way.

Have ogres moved into Gilneas? Sure. Ogres kinda just do that. They see a spot to move into, and they move into it. From Duskwood to Arathi to Dire Maul and more. The story there is no different than “rats have taken over the cellar, so kill rats” because ogres have no motivation to fight Gilneans beyond having moved into another empty spot on the map. There’s no bite to that story and no where for it to grow beyond evicting the ogres by force.

At least with the Scarlets, you get “well, we don’t recognize wolfies as real humans anymore, and Gilneas belongs to humans so… It’s our home now. And it’s close to Lordaeron, so we can use it to stage attacks there too.”

I agree it’s still weak, but not as weak as ogres. In my opinion.

Personally, I’d rather have the Druids of the Pack having moved in.

11 Likes

I suggested the Ogres as Genn himself said they inhabited the ruins of Gilneas.

Good idea about Druids of the Pack. They could be considered an Alliance offshoot that’s no longer Alliance, so it’s not faction conflict. Plus, they have ties to the worgen and aren’t overused. And they can scratch the “punch fanatics” itch for people who care about that sort of thing.

1 Like

I’m still voting for Godfrey returning at the head of a Scourge Army he collected to claim Gilneas for himself and then destroy the Forsaken with.

5 Likes

This would have been perfect. Hits home the “I hate worgen and don’t see them as people” theme that the Scarlets have with Godfrey since he hates worgen. And it lets worgen kill undead which in my opinion is a cool aesthetic, werewolf monsters fighting the undead, without having to throw the Forsaken under the bus.

ALL THE WHILE connecting the worgen starting zone together cause worgen players know Godfrey and have history with him. It’s a win win situation.

8 Likes

Hagatha would have been a great villain.

A small update to Gilneas, a dock has been added to Stormglen Village.
Perhaps a boat to and from Stormwind?

https ://i.imgur.com/Dg6SB7R.jpg

8 Likes

Anyone find it strange that Blizzard is keeping the Gilneas reclamation completely encrypted? It could just be because they really want it to be a secret until it launches cause it has a plot twist or something.

But part of me is wondering if it’s because they are hiding something big, like Gilneas doing the questline fully revamps Gilneas and they want people to be surprised when they see it. Or maybe there will be some cool Worgen customization we unlock like Kaldorei worgen? (And no I doubt it’s tails, nor should it be)

6 Likes

Heritage weapon will be invisible weapon available for all 1 handers in all classes.

Go full werewolf

(One can wish right?)

5 Likes

I have a feeling that Gilneas is going to receive a similar treatment with Amirdrassil.
With portals and everything else. That would be more than great after so long.

6 Likes

HOLY CRAP I didn’t even think of this. I would be so excited if they did this. I have been wishing for it since Worgen were released.

I don’t know what you mean by similar treatment with Amirdrassil cause I haven’t seen anything about Amirdrassil lol. Forgive me!