Reckoning after 2nd “Hotfix” still BROKEN

I have looked around the forums, and am well aware that other classes have problems as well, all looking for a response to their issue, just as the paladin community is doing here. I don’t suppose you’ve read the title, because it is about a paladin change, hence why all the discussion is about that. This is not to say I don’t support other classes in their fight for a fix for their broken abilities.

Also while browsing the forum I’ve come to find you seem to be notorious for inciting arguments and underwhelming remarks that lead to anything but a beneficial outcome, you seem to spend a vast amount of your day just commenting on any and everything on the forums just to belittle someone else for trying to look for resolution of an issue they might be experiencing, thank you for graceing us with your presence once again.

Do everyone a favor and find a better hobby.

This thread is about Paladin reckoning not performing properly, let’s please keep it as the sole topic in this thread

5 Likes

Not sure what you’re smoking, but it’s clear you haven’t played ANY AV games at all. Mage Frost Nova works on mounted riders, just fine, and I have probably at least 200 AV games under my belt to confirm it.

Think the blues are going to keep ignoring us? I just want my fav spec back :frowning:

Keep submitting those bugs people.

I have made a suggestion in game to blizzard that this reference client they have be made into a reference client public test realm. Having so many more people testing the source game mechanics will expedite issues like these.

2 Likes

But if they did that we would ferret out 900 thousand various bugs and deviations from vanilla game play that they don’t want to fix.

they actually replied here earlier this morning - there’s another hotfix coming next week:

1 Like

Thank you I didn’t see that. After reading the blue post however I must say this incoming hotfix isn’t addressing what players are experiencing. The stack drops seem so random that the player base still can’t definitively state the circumstances that make it happen.

This latest blue post makes it feel even more like they are not listening.

1 Like

I think Kaivax simply highlighted the wrong text is all - they are doing another hotfix for tuesday’s maintenance

So according to this, we still lose stacks when mounting, we still lose stacks when swapping targets, and what happens when multiple people are critting us? will it even register ? will we get stacks for both targets or is it just going to bug out and not work. I doubt this hotfix is going to help at all, its pointless

1 Like

That’s what I’m scared of, they are actually going to go ahead with their delusion that the old classic reckoning spec was this weird pseudo combat point system, that never in WoW’s history existed, and shown to the contrary with countless at this point video and blue post evidence.

1 Like

let’s just see what’s what on Tuesday guys

2 Likes

But it already is a public test realm. It’s called BFA.

What are you babbling about? I didn’t say Frost Nova doesn’t work. I said players can ride through Blizzard untouched. And they can. Frost Nova barely freezes anyone in a long train of alliance.

The 2nd “hotfix” is now live and reckoning is still not working.

2 Likes

Paying to be the tester is great.

Also nice gear :joy:

1 Like

So now you admit is an exploit or a bug? Double standards much.

True - slam is still broken though. It should be pausing the swing timer. Slam spec was only viable to alliance and the vanilla rotation was to cast it the moment after your auto attack landed. This one today is abusing an in game bug (in my opinion) to cast slam while not pausing the swing. Mages cant continue wanding while while casting a spell.

Whats not working with it now?

lol read what you just wrote…

Slam is supposed to STOP auto-attack completely - you even admit it below

I did admit that its broken - the same as i said reckoning was broken… Im on no crusade to keep an exploit/bug in the game though, unlike others on these very forums pushing to keep exploits in the game that only benefit their class.

didn’t you say that /sit + spell batching was an exploit?

even though it is confirmed from multiple vanilla era videos and the author of the patch 1.10 era reckoning sticky guide?

besides, blizzard specifically targeted stop attack macros from working with reckoning and hand of justice - if that is the new standard, then Slam needs to be similarly nerfed as well

I said it became an exploit because due to the ‘not a bug’ data they clearly took steps to prevent it from happening but players are abusing the interaction.

On its own it wasnt a gamebreaking overly powerful tool, but paired with a paladin to generate a 100% chance to generate an extra attack this is where i had the issue - now that its fixed the sit/stand spam has no real bearing on the power of a player

I agree 100%. Slam wasnt pausing auto attack pre these changes - now it is. There is still some interaction with stopping your auto attack and starting it again allowing both slam to cast and auto attack to count down - this needs to be hotfixed

You will still loose stacks when canceling an auto attack, wether it be clicking off of your target, casting an ability that interrupts your auto attack (hammer of justice, judgement, etc). This is by far the biggest problem!

Instead of delivering an extra attack, depending on where you are at in your current swing you will instead get a hastened auto attack (Parry).

Unsure if the following are still not working.

Do you still loose stacks when loosing control on your character (Stun, fear, etc)?

Do you still loose stacks when out of range or being hit from behind?

Do you loose stacks when mounting?
(One player claims this has been fixed.)

The main problem is knowing that hand of justice had an exploitable bug where you could get extra attacks, in order to fix this, which I believe was the correct decision, blizzard implemented a fix as the battleground patch came out. The problem still remaining that this has inadvertently conflicted with a core aspect of vanilla paladins, and broken the way reckoning works completely, it is simply at this point a waste of talent points in any build to spec into this talent.

After two “hot fixes” it is still worthless, myself and others are tired of readdressing this over and over again. Very disappointed.

5 Likes