Recent Feral Buffs & Possible Adjustments (Glyph?) - UPDATED 4/10 -

Lol - how are you on the community team ? Ferals go from doing 500 dps less than a class to now doing 500 dps more than a class and you lose your mind? You insecure ? Just have fun

2 Likes

Note the level and post count.

Clearly a sock puppet trying to justify their nonsense by posting on the class they’re complaining about to stir the pot.

1 Like
  • A feral druid

kekw

Sure but in your example one class is doing excessively more damage beyond the point that encounters are designed around.

In this case however that’s not happening, feral is below several other melee classes. So unless you also have a problem with how much damage those classes are doing it’s hypocritical so single out feral druids to whine about.

1 Like

Hyperbole doesn’t help your argument any. Feral buff is admittedly probably more than they intended, but it isn’t to any such degree that encounters are trivialized or where you’re going to need 5+ ferals to clear content etc.

That being said, the forums as of late are exactly why I was against making changes in the first place. Now everyone wants their class buffed in some way. It feels dumb that 2 specs get buffs, but everyone else playing a class sitting towards the bottom of the meters has to deal with it until the devs randomly change their class too.

I’m all for a classic+ experience where content is added and changes are made, but at least be clear about what we’re playing. Either leave wotlk as it was, or call it classic+ and make balance changes.

I’m not a log expert. How would I tune the data to show what you’re stating?

It seems that if I look at say All Percentiles and compare over a range of 2 weeks with over a range of 1 day, I see the following differences:

All Bosses Over a Range of 2 Weeks:
Min: 42.31
Median: 61.94
Max: 82.88

All Bosses Over a Range of 1 Day:
Min: 45.39
Median: 66.37
Max: 85.98

What exactly are you suggesting that we look at? Perhaps a more stationary fight like Ignis?

Ignis Over a Range of 2 Weeks:
Min: 5,153.58
Median: 7,170.34
Max: 9,175.44

Ignis Over a Range of 1 Day:
Min: 5,745.26
Median: 7,895.88
Max: 9,703.35

I suppose you’re looking at very different things! Perhaps you could elaborate and educate us on what to look at in the logs to better understand why:

Exactly, if you buffed every class by 500k they would still be the same relative to each other. It would not really be “a buff”.

In buffing a single class to be top tier Blizzard are necessarily picking winners and losers. This is why it is important to retune the buff.

Name them - name at least seven melee classes beating Feral at the moment?

There aren’t seven melee classes.

1 Like

No but there’s a hella lot of porkies floating around.

Irrelevant to the statement that feral is below other melee classes and as such you can’t make the claim they are over tuned.

You said “several” dude - don’t back down now lol.

Name at least seven.

1 Like

Yeah, realistically, feral is only behind Rogues and DKs on most fights (with regards to melee performance), and only additionally behind Enhance and Ret, on Hodir and also behind Fury and even Arms on Kologarn (where they are also below every class).

1 Like

Several - more than two but not many.

That’s a few dude - either way you’re being deliberately obtuse. They’re around top 3 and S tier currently. My original point stands.

2 Likes

And my point is the same feral is competitive at the top levels of melee, but that doesn’t mean they’re over tuned.

Unless you are claiming that the classes they compete with and are beaten by are also over tuned, are you?

You do realize Feral will out scale those specs comfortably in the coming phases right?

1 Like

So says you, but we’ll see. And until then that’s just your random guess. So we can only go off the numbers we currently see, based on which feral is good but not over tuned.

Weren’t you earlier claiming we couldn’t take predictions about future performance at face value?

Disingenuous. The issues is that your buff was more now and currently than Blizzard said they were aiming for. So, it is now over tuned for what their stated aims were.

The fact that they are scaling well (now) and on track to do better later compounds this but it isn’t the reason to adjust it - it’s a likely further consequence of not adjusting it.

Yeah, we’ll see! It seems like if you look at the top performing groups, the change to feral is rather small, but if you look at the lowest performing groups, it’s bigger.

Perhaps this is the effect of buffing a high skill-cap class. As I said earlier though: