Recent DDoS Attacks Impacting Game Service

Why doesn’t someone at Blizzard contact someone at Twitter and get the person responsible’s account deactivated. You know, take away his reason for doing it.

3 Likes

You do realize that a guy on twitter is posting taking credit for it? Why not go after him?

3 Likes

I am on twitter and actively reporting all tweets related to shutting down blizzard servers

1 Like

Google Live-attack-map, it’ll show you current DDoS attacks happening, as we type!!! Use Norse DDoS attacks!!! If someone is ACTUALLY CLAIMING that they are attacking blizzard, that probably means they really are NOT doing it. Real hackers, don’t brag, they just do it!!! Can’t believe people are gullible enough to fall for this, after playing for so many years. This happened so much when Vanilla was first released back in 2004!!! you think you would learn by now!!! smdh

For those unfamiliar in location, actual DDoS attacks; in real-time mode!!!..:wink:

3 Likes

Yeah but Twitter has proven time and time again they don’t care about what the general populace thinks. That’s why we need Acti-Blizz to use some of their money and throw their weight around.

1 Like

Its the British Government Freemasons judging by their UKDrillas tag. an inside joke for masons. They do “Live terror Drills” wink wink nudge nudge

1 Like

Keep up the awesome job Blizzard !! Wow classic Rocks !!!

I blame Asmon’s wack job followers! YEP! I said it!

3 Likes

how do you go about investing in ddos attack prevention? id like to hear your answer.

1 Like

I don’t know much about server infrastructure, but why aren’t the login servers separate from the ingame servers? DDoS the logins all you want and it shouldn’t impact players that are already inside.

1 Like

I think compensation is the last thing on the priority list right now. Is not like they mess it up so I don’t see why we should be asking for compensation.

I would like to hear an answer as well. I would also like some free time. Not our fault the servers are under attack. I pay, I want to play.

5 Likes

Just created an account to say Thanks to all the devs and network engineers spending their Saturday working to keep / get the realms up so we can enjoy WoW!

4 Likes

this reminds me of the MW2 days on console when kids would hit you offline cause you were better than them and that’s the only way they could feel superior to anyone.

what’s their twiiter handle?

1 Like

You’re right, it’s not a priority. This is not the first time a DDoS attack has occurred. Where are the preventative measures?

2 Likes

All that extra money they earn from pets and mounts. Remember the time Blizz GAVE you a pet for being a loyal customer on anniversary days?

3 Likes

It’s my fault? I pay for a service that I am not getting. That’s called theft or fraud. I am supposed to be the one taking the financial hit?

1 Like

Come on. Over 3 hours straight now. Blow this a-hole up and get the servers stabilized.

4 Likes

It’s actually been longer than that.

2 Likes