Recent DDoS Attacks Impacting Game Service

They Won’t, but perhaps they will give all the players who are currently unsubscribed, a free pre-order of the next xpac and 5million gold if they come back?

1 Like

F— 'em up Blizzard! Sue their asses!

4 Likes

what would a star due if their bodyguard failed to do their job? same thing.

Thank you for the update, and your teams efforts are very much appreciated.

3 Likes

I gave up and completely shut down for now as I was just booted again. Figure They will have it running right later tonight.

Funniest part for me was I got trapped in Deadmines and if I tried to leave I would fall through the floor into a blue type colored area and then kicked only to find myself back in the dungeon.

Thanks for calling in the Calvary on a weekend to get this resolved. Now release the hounds and catch this fool!

3 Likes

up against these guys?

4 Likes

Thank you for jumping in on Saturday to get us going again!

The ‘hackers’ shouldn’t be too hard to find. Twitter links all over the forums already. They are bragging about it as they go… really not the brightest people.

2 Likes

It’s still ongoing. I currently cannot see my character(s) on the login screen. The character screen is just blank… Can’t log back in.

1 Like

I’ve closed WoW BfA a few minutes ago as the server I was on was being very unresponsive to my actions (from California to an Oceanic server Dath’Remar). Thx for the post letting us know what is up, I look forward to the post that announces this issue as resolved, so I can get back to TW pugs.
With love, Green Roc

Take a look at this twitter handle… Looks like the asshats who are doing it.

https://twitter.com/UKDrillas

if you’re watching the guy doing this twitter page he said about 10-15 mins ago he is DDOSing US blizzard servers again

No one was angry. It was a script kiddie trying to flex for his ten seconds for online clout. He did not even do a good job.

3 Likes

That is not the picture of the actual attackers, I saw that pic of a site posted as a leak of the villians of black panthers 2, but in reality its actually a rap band called 23 drillas if u google it

Funny as much as it is. This is a viable reason for a lawsuit.

1 Like

DDOS attacks are actually one “easy” thing to do.

People who consider themselfes “Hackers” but can’t do real things, do DDOS.

Lame.

6 Likes

…it is the nature of DDoS attacks that players may experience the game becoming unavailable…

Let me fix this for you

…it is the nature of DDoS attacks which we have not invested money blocking that players may experience the game becoming unavailable…

2 Likes

I appreciate you guys trying to get this back up, sucks people think this type of thing is hilarious. Was really looking forward into putting some work on my paladin on classic today. Oh well, maybe tomorrow or next weekend.

1 Like

And then he did lol

All I want to do is play the damn game. For the past few hours I cant even stay logged in long enough to kill a single entity before the server crashes. Not to b!tch and moan to blizzard but this is so annoying. You get 2 days off in a work week you look forward to finally having time to sit down play the game and this crap happens.

2 Likes

Um, yea, we’re all on BFA. lol The classic servers are packed. BFA is dead to me. Classic ftw!

5 Likes