Recent DDoS Attacks Impacting Game Service

Hopefully they find them and get some jail time. Messing with people’s money is horrible.

1 Like

Sounds like some poor kid was upset that he couldn’t get a group for Classic Deadmines

2 Likes

Thank you so much, Blizzard! Not you, Activision. You stay in the shame corner.

1 Like

The amount of ignorance in this comment is baffling.

1 Like

This effected me as I was playing today, just DC’d, but was able to log back in with a que timer of all things lol, it only lasts a few seconds

Thank you Blizzard for doing an outstanding job at keeping the servers running in top shape, it makes playing WoW well worth it imo! again thank you :smiley:

LOL typical 8 year old tantrum… yikes man I hope you don’t act like this in the real world. Go check out the sun for a bit and have a breather it will be okay.

2 Likes

Really would depend on if those responsible are actual “hackers” DDOS is a cheap smokescreen tact one would use to overwhelm an IT dep/security system.
If they were a hacker then they could actually steal info or w/e; but they would also be the biggest moron on the planet to tweet it out.

1 Like

hmm they back at it?

To keep a schedule is one thing: to have an outside agency, especially a criminal one, deliberately disrupt, is another.
so you are either a troll(like a lot of others are saying) or you think all this is funny.
People have lives; most of said livres are full and need managing. When an illegal activity disrupts your life, that is very upsetting.
skäl.
:beer:

EDIT: DON’T say ‘its just a game’; I can abide some trolls, just not stupid ones.

Looks like they’re at it again… I just got lagged out and can’t get past the loading screen after selecting a character.

1 Like

more likely an after affect: guess that’s why the servers are down, for an hour or so.
In the meantime, you’re all stuck here with ME!
SKÖL!
Opens a can of surstroemming and begins to chant her fav saga

I think they, or he, is back, can’t log in the server, says all servers are down and don’t know why. Hopefully you all from blizz will get these nolifes out and our servers back soon.

Same here, I was taking a flight from SW and was dropped off my bird in the middle of a higher level area. I couldn’t move or type anything in any chat after a while.

Thor!!! Agreed!!!

You just say don’t say it’s just a game or you’re a troll. It is a game, and you need to calm down. I know it’s moron messing with their servers so what was the point of that? The point I made is you can be upset and not lose your mind. But every logical and calm response to people freaking out is met with talk of the game and they want it back and it’s not fair like some crying child being told they aren’t crying you are just mean to them. They are working on it and it will be back up. You just need to have a little patience so they can deal with the jerk messing up the game for everyone. You act like I don’t want to play the game dude, I do, but I am just trying my best to chill and do other stuff till it’s back up. Try it.

5 Likes

It’s nonsense to say Blizz can’t stop/min these attacks, you can buy solutions for this exactly purpose, but it cost $$$ to do so.

Obviously they don’t put any investment to prevent this from happening, which is lame, as they print money on a monthly basis for years and still don’t have this level of protection.

2 Likes

not trying to be saucy but why don’t yall stop being stupid and using Amazon servers to host… their a bad hosting if you want good ddos protection tell whoever is in charge to switch everything to OVH hosting and u guys wont ever get hit again…

Many times, ddos attacks are targeted at point prior to the actual service they’re trying to take down. Blizz, Twitch, Amazon, etc, all likely have protection against direct attacks. They can’t safeguard every point between players and their service though.

I’m just as salty that I can’t play during a day off, but Blizz can’t protect points outside their network. The only thing they can do is put up some redundancy so that when the primary connection point goes down, it fails over to the backup. This is also no guarantee because the backup can be attacked.

4 Likes

“Oh no, this company’s servers are down because of something outside their control-- better cancel my sub”

zzz, good riddance.

1 Like

Very irritated as it has been more than several hours . All day and continues.

1 Like