Recent Actions Against Exploitative Accounts – December 2023

You and me are having the exact same treatment. My account is nearly 2 decades old, never once breached TOS- clean history. My appeals are closed with canned responses for botting/automation. No such thing ever happened - they are too swamped in appeals d/t the nature of ban waves and neglect the wrongfully accused in doing so.

I’m a Registered Nurse, after COVID I know exactly what it’s like to be swamped at work day after day, but not once did I not advocate for my patients. The only contact we have with anyone at Blizzard are though appeals - we have no one advocating for us and no one to hold anyone responsible for negligence.

2 Likes

I’m glad you got some resolution, but I’ve been trying since early December and mostly out of hope. They simply refuse to escalate or look closer at logs. What is different about my case other than the luck of the draw of reaching someone who reads or cares, I am forced to simply guess.

1 Like

Pretty much this. Blizzard customer service is a disaster. I had an issue with a craft on retail that resulted in the lost of a month’s worth of time-gated materials. It was my mistake but, in large part caused by their terrible interface.

A guildie had the same issue a month prior and spoke to a GM about it. They refunded his materials and he was able to get the correct craft done, easy peasy. However, when I tried, they simply refused to do anything about it. They kept telling me it was impossible, as if they had never done it for my guild mate. I went through maybe 4-5 customer service reps and then gave up.

I had been starting to not enjoy retail for a few months at that point and it was the final straw. I unsubbed and took a break. I haven’t touched retail since but I came back for Classic Era because at least there I know I’m not paying for a beta.

I hope you finally get someone who can help you but it’s hard to have a positive outlook. I feel like it’s an understatement to call Blizzard a disaster these days.

It is time to take a zero tolerance policy toward gold-buying and end this once and for all.

Perma ban gold buyers on first offense.

3 Likes

I just want to know why it took so long to do this? Why were the absolute copious amount of players who were purchasing gold in the original classic (2019/20) release not being punished? The game was absolutely ruined because of the shear amount of gold that was floating around.

I played Classic because I played Vanilla and left it uncompleted. I was one of the few players that made it into Naxx back in 2006, and even managed to collect 3 Atiesh shards. We never managed to clear it or even get to Kel’Thuzad, so when I heard Classic was coming, I had to sign up and get my revenge.

I played as much or more then I did back in Vanilla because I wanted nothing more then to finish my collection of Atiesh. However, by the time Naxx came out, nearly all the major raiding guilds on my server were falling apart at the seems in favour of GDKP. Why? Because almost all the raiders were buying gold left and right. Everyone was buying gold, and it absolutely ruined the entire experience of Classic. It was no longer about being part of a team, doing well, and making friends, proving yourself, supporting a guild, and was all about buying gold, and purchasing the things you want.

Now, I am FINALLY seeing that you are banning people for buying gold. Why did you wait so long? We were all asking on the forums for someone to do this in 2019/2020.

It’s been a few years now, and I am still mad that I couldn’t complete Atiesh because I refused to purchase gold.

The prestige is gone for the things you earned in Vanilla due to the tainted economy of Classic, and I would argue that Naxx should be added back into retail because at least some of us will finally do something we have been trying for nearly 20 years to do.

I’m glad you finally did something, but this is all so disappointing.

1 Like

Damn, almost 271k. Would be interesting to see if these are all from classic. I gotta say they’ve been pretty quick with the boots. Every single time that i’ve reported a bot in any situation I get an in-game letter from blizzard, no longer than a day or two after the fact, thanking me – saying they’ve taken action.

To learn it’s as high as 271k is wild. Keep fighting the good fight, gents.

Nice to see somethings happening

bullshi$%“!·!”·

Same, I seen

1 Like

Things like https://www.youtube.com/shorts/PnfZAhfJBx8 are being tacitly allowed by not having a proper client-side anti-cheat.

If there is an actual WoW dev reading this, here is the TODO list:

1. Block RDP from interacting with WoW. This is a big one, as almost every paid bot dev tells its subscribers to use RDP to avoid bans. They localhost RDP from one user account to another on the same machine. This can be detected with a simple win32 call.

2. Block VM use. It’s very easy to detect VMs. It’s another tool bot devs tell all their users to setup to avoid bans. Modded VMs that try to hide themselves can even can be detected with pre-made kits straight outta blackhat conferences.

3. Start using FFT analysis on the server and client side to detect automated inputs, even ones that have RNG applied. Every bot under the sun tries to add RNG to avoid auto-detection, but a proper FFT analysis can still reveal such. atlaslogics.github. io/antibot/On-Anti-Bot-Biometric-Protections.md/

Until steps 1 and 2 are done, expect script kiddies to walk through the front door with free scripts written a decade ago. Step 3 is for the more advanced bots that manage to hide themselves despite that.

1 Like

They are now using AI to monitor and find people cheating with gold buying and bots, or buying gold from bots?
Who knows what kind of limits they want to police?

What about all the people that recently have gotten banned/suspended in these recent waves that never did anything wrong?

A friend I’ve played with for months sends me gold and I get 14 days suspension. I appeal and get autocopypasta from blizzard that ignores the facts/evidence that I laid out in the appeal that it was normal gold trading hands for normal gameplay.

6 days later, still no word on appeal. Paying customers keeping their game afloat, playing their game without ever rmt or breaking tos and flat out ignored for a false positive.

Number one way to kill your own game.

No offense, but cheating and botting in WoW is quite pervasive and normalized to the point that there are people lying and manipulative about it.

So we stopped doing these posts?

The January one is missing and it’s now March.