Rearranging and Removing Portals

Yea, because the most important thing in life is sticking to your “convictions”. Wouldn’t want them to do the right thing.

4 Likes

Everything has a breaking point sometimes it’s that random pebble that shatters your windshield others its a baseball bat I guess this was their pebble.

9 Likes

Then you haven’t actually read through very many. But you’re still here to tell us that you know what we want better than we do.

2 Likes

That adds 2 mins to each run. If it takes you 500 kills to get Ultraxion to drop his mount, like it did for me, that’s 10 hours of extra travel time over the CoT portals in dalaran.

Let’s talk the shrines in Pandaria. You’re limiting them by removing them from a central location (equidistant from Jade Forest and Townlong Steppes) and leaving only the ones that are on the opposite side of the land mass. That’s not “lodestar,” that’s pure inconvenience.

And this is garbage rationale. Transportation doesn’t make the world ANY size; it’s size is, and always will be, exactly the size the developers made it. Mode of transportation does neither reduce nor increase the “size.” In fact, making travel inconvenient – which is all this portal fiasco does – REMOVES incentive to go to those areas. If it’s harder to get to, even minimally harder, players will just stop doing it. If that is your goal, congratulations – you’ll achieve it, at the cost of subscriptions that get cancelled because players have had enough of this inanity.

Like me. Over the past 10+ years I’ve put up with a lot, but this is the last straw. I’m outta here. Blizzard no longer has my trust to put out a quality product that embraces the diversity of play styles of all players. I don’t appreciated being “herded” into something I find inconvenient and detrimental to my play style, and I especially don’t appreciate having my intelligence insulted by illogical excuses.

I wish you no ill-will and sincerely hope that you find success in all that you do. You’ll just be doing it without my money.

6 Likes

“Fun detected; fun removed.”

!@#% off, you people are making these changes 7 years too late to justify them with this kind of bull$^%@.

If you had consistency as a company? More people might be on your side. But Blizzard has no consistency. You simply change things on a whim, typically because you see people having too much fun with an aspect of the game or the “correct” class isn’t dominating specific scenes.

14 Likes

You didn’t hear? When a large group of people are unhappy about something they are naturally an “outrage mob,” and clearly just looking for an excuse to get mad at Blizzard for something.

Obviously. :roll_eyes:

5 Likes

So far I found 3 coherent complaints:

Northern eastern kingdoms
West pandaria
Caverns of time while leveling (not sure if this is coherent or not)

They’re not moving it from central to edge. Jade Forest portals were already a thing. They just remove the Shrine portal from new Dalaran.

It’s not. You never level in CoT. You just farm xmog.

Yeah, it’s not like they were caught unawares. And not just for this change either, even though I know they’ve acted like the feedback didn’t exist before it was implemented. But they think they know better…

2 Likes

There’s quests in the Caverns of Time related to the dungeons. You have to get there before you can pick them up, so having portals be opened once you’re on the quest wouldn’t help.

2 Likes

Allow US to “correct” YOU.
You SHOULDN’T HAVE. Nor SHOULD YOU.

As many other players have pointed out, other MMOs employ portals and other methods of fast travel quite successfully to keep ALL THEIR CONTENT ALIVE AND ACCESSIBLE.

You DON’T WANT the world to feel bigger, you want to funnel us into NEW POORLY EXECUTED CONTENT to make it APPEAR popular. It’s not. You’re not fooling anyone- except maybe your stockholders who don’t actually understand how the game is played, I suppose.

Joke’s on them, isn’t it then? (Until another 800 people get canned, anyway. Perhaps from the development department this time…)

10 Likes

I’ve only seen the CoT portal for transmog and mount farming, so I absolutely no idea where you got the leveling excuse.

1 Like

I have leveled 12 or so toons from scratch and I have NEVER felt the need to take the handful quests in there. What are even the dungeons in there that aren’t Cataclysm? Black Morass and Culling of Stratholme?

You’re right … they’re REMOVING it from central altogether.

1 Like

So if the zone is irrelevant, why are you traveling through it?

This. Right here.

The phrase was “while leveling,” i.e. you’re leveling and go to CoT for a quest or some other reason.

1 Like

Not everyone is you, not everyone plays the way you do, not everyone has the same goals as you.

2 Likes