Rearranging and Removing Portals

you can still farm all of those old content, who said you needed to level 20 toons?.. you’re the one putting the burden of time on yourself not the games systems.

Fifteen alts with “5 min” of travel time adds up, I don’t want to spend over an hour traveling b/c they saw something convenient for players and decided to remove it.

3 Likes

At this point I think the same person is having a conversation with himself…

BFA has many problems.

This is a waste of resources IMO.

1 Like

I was very excited when I first heard about the portal consolidation because you do have one thing right, they are a mess and everywhere. It is hard to navigate what portal is where. Sometimes I forget where they are and it takes me 5 mins to find one. It will improve quality of life for us to consolidate.

That being said, consolidation should be improving game quality of life, not hindering it. There are a few portals that are being removed from game that are regularly used, eg the Legion Dalaran portals used for questing.

I personally use them to get to places that would take longer on a flight path so I can farm pets, instances, rares, explore, roleplay, world events, etc. The portals encourage me, a person who has been playing the game since vanilla, to keep exploring old content.

There should be a way to access each continent of the game so that you can get to a location in less than… Let’s say 5 minutes if you are solo playing using portals and flight paths. Anything over that in my opinion is a waste of my money. If I have to tab for 10 mins because to only way to a place in the eastern kingdoms is a huge flight path, you are basically robbing your players and making the game dead to them for 10 mins.

I bet in all these comments you could compile a list of the locations people are having issues with.

I hope that this shoot from the hip response is not the last thing we hear from the devs about the travel system. And I hope good things come from the feedback you are receiving… We do need a better solution for travel as players

9 Likes

LocknDoTs

I know right. Taking those minutes long flight paths will let me go to the bathroom, read reddit, or get some water much more often.

I know this is from the r/wow thread, but I wanted to share my reaction here to this quote. Mainly that I had the realization, “Is this the equivalent of going back to dial-up?” :grimacing:

(For those too young, dial-up was the first common means of connecting to the World Wide Web via your telephone line. Loading a basic web page took at least 5 minutes, with the more “fancy” ones taking half an hour easily. Great time to do chores around the house.)

1 Like

just looking at youtube about this.
yep…looking like the majority on this one hate the change.

2 Likes

My concern is that Ion was being truthful when he said happiness was the only metric they care about, we just didn’t realise he meant the happiness of shareholders.

9 Likes

I changed once when someone said I looked like a Druid, not a Paladin. Obviously the humor is lost on the outraged, but lets not strawman this. There are plenty of people who aren’t me who agree with this decision.

1 Like

Your decisions and justifications are awful. Devs are worthless scum. No reason to even pretend to give feedback anymore, we know you don’t care and never will. Just shut off the servers already

3 Likes

I want to upvote your whole post but I’m all out of likes. Have this instead: :+1:

3 Likes

Please stop a moment and critically think about this, it IS the game systems b/c they just changed it. The change of moving the portals I agree with, the removal of specific portals I do not.

4 Likes

Those same people that agree with it, the change doesn’t affect them.

:+1:
Wow was considered a very casual game at the time.
I came from EQ, UO, and Daoc.

2 Likes

Unfortunately, a lot of them are the devs. And their opinions count way more than any of the rest of us.

Asmongold isn’t really a good example. I like him mind you… but for him to be labeled as an “ambassador” or “influence’r” needs to be questioned greatly. lol

6 Likes

We neglected to do that initially following Legion (and we never did that following Mists of Pandaria for various reasons), but we feel that we should have. We’re correcting that now.

The thing is all of those lead directly to capital cities, they lead to locations that will be accessible via portals in both Stormwind and Orgrimmar.

There’s no justification for the portals that were removed from beneath Dalaran! You have a thread with nearly five thousand posts discussing it with a majority of said posts being against the change. Yet that’s still not enough to budge the “Blizzard knows best” idiocy from CMs and the brown nosed players that support their every decision.

All it serves to do is to inflate the amount of time played and discourage players from doing any older content outside of leveling.

The goal with that is to encourage transportation flow through newer places where players are more likely to interact with other players.

What players? what interaction? any I do see in Orgrimmar are silent bank alts who might as well be nonexistent. Anyone I see in Dazar’alor is going about their business not minding anyone unless they’re on an AH mount.

We’ve processed a lot of feedback on this, especially feedback about specific locations that feel like they’re going to become disproportionately inconvenient to reach, and we’ve followed that feedback through to the conclusion that you’re seeing on the PTR.

If you really followed that feedback, and I mean REALLY FOLLOWED IT I’m sure you’d see how much people want the portals beneath Dalaran to remain as those are the ones they want the most. Their removal just seems like a spiteful ill timed change that nobody asked for.

2 Likes

more dumpster fires in the comments

Sorry to you three alts posting here but this IS all over the place and the VAST majority posting about it ARENT happy with this pointless change

6 Likes

14 hours to go for my next upvote.

This is a shame. Personally, it will reduce my time played, not increase it.

11 Likes