Rearranging and Removing Portals

Really so late 20s in a 15+ year old game? so you where playing a game rated teen as a kid? wow your parents where THOSE kind of parents. no wonder…

1 Like

This is an explanation post but it contains a lot of back and forth in it.
>We don’t want to use too many portals.
>but we don’t want places to be too inconvenient to reach… so we have used portals in the past. ect.
It fails at clarifying the position of the team and just gives us a vague area they seem to be aiming at; Portals are great! But it’s also great to remove portals.

Bottom line being; we shouldn’t be coming out of this update with less portals than we had before. It’s just silly to do things that way. Making past hubs worse, years after the fact, is not the way to encourage people to use the new hubs.

The last time portals were removed, from my memory, was mid-Cata following Northrend Dal no longer being the game’s main hub.
Initially all the portals to the capitol cities were to be ripped out, leaving the only portal in the biggest magic city just the portal to CoT. Players voiced complaints and ultimately the portals to SW and ORG somehow managed to survive the purge.

And not at all too soon, MoP and it’s new glorious portal hub was added following Cata. Throughout WoD and Legion I can’t remember a similar purging of the portals. And for good reason I had hoped, the practice didn’t make any sense.

Making old expansion hubs retroactively less convenient isn’t the way to encourage people to use the new expansion hubs.

4 Likes

Most of the devs were not even in high school when Caverns of Time was released haha.

I guess another painful lesson is coming Blizzard’s way in less than a week.

2 Likes

So basically we don’t give a crap about the players and want to increase our time played that’s all your gotta say don’t dress it up with bs.

3 Likes

Are you actively kidding me?

You’ve got a 4000 post thread with hundreds of paying customers begging you to not SPEND TIME MAKING THINGS HARDER F OR US.

And you ignore us?

Why?

13 Likes

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

I give this new vanilla rose tinted glasses 24 hours (OR LESS) before they start complaining that the game is too hard…

Last check it was 5002.

Well, at this rate BfA will be dead before Classic launches, so that’s not much of a hurdle.

5 Likes

That’s called nuance, as most things in life aren’t black/white answers.

Portal items don’t work when they’re in your bank, hun.

Exactly. Because eventually in a given week you’ll run out of stuff to do in the current expansion. Or you’ll just want to unwind and relax. And what better way than going back and soloing Black Temple, hoping for certain weapons to drop? Also an easy and fast way to make some easy gold. No sweat, just casual and relaxed.

1 Like

It’s not quitting over something “as silly as this.” It’s quitting over a design philosophy which increasingly prioritizes forcing players to play the way the devs want over giving players agency. The final tipping point may be something large, or it may be something you consider minor, but the final decision to unsub is almost always a cumulative one.

7 Likes

The teleport items need to be in your bags, and usually need to be equipped, in order to be used.

2 Likes

Translation:
Feedback heard.
Feedback ignored.

5 Likes

Viewing WOD to BFA. BFA has offered more options to content and longevity then WOD. So that’s a huge improvement. And traversing hasn’t really been impacted that much. I’m just enjoying peoples inability to use critical thinking and reason to the overall spectrum. Yes, this “system clean up” was very late. but greatly needed moving forward.

1 Like

Blizzard break away from the philosophy that you have to keep pruning to keep the game “healthy”

Your current game is especially at BFA is micromanaged to death. Give back player freedom and choice.

4 Likes

But…I need the item to teleport to the city where the bank is…

which is the core problem here.
We can rest assured that IF this stupid move is allowed to go unpunished there are MORE coming worse than this is.
Theyre testing the waters on this one just to see how far they can go before we actually just quit and they have to tell all those stock holder that its over.

1 Like

So the expectation is for us to go to our bank before we want to go someplace, just so we can get an item to help us get someplace quickly? (oh and I’m not a brah)

2 Likes

This is getting very old. This attitude was old when you first started with the whole “We don’t know if we’re going to reimplement player controlled flight because immersion” back at the end of Pandaria and it’s really old now.

Players enjoy certain conveniences. Your players do not enjoy “just because reasons”.

We all know the reasons for these really bad changes and it have “time metrics” written all over them.

Maybe it’s time to actually really start listening to your player base and stop listening to the number crunchers that don’t actually play your games.

13 Likes