Rearranging and Removing Portals

I’d compare it to switching to “low fat” dressing. It just doesn’t taste the same and you can’t enjoy your meal as much. Also, low fat dressings aren’t always better for you.

I mean, I switched to using coconut oil. Yes, there are fats in the oil, but they’re the kind of fats that your body processes with greater ease. So its not about removing fat, its about the type of fats you’re removing.

6 Likes

Dudes a joke.

Thinks people who never played WoW ‘at all’ sit around posting in masses about missing portals :roll_eyes:

6 Likes

yeah…son …nine boosts and two leveled characters…for a total of 11 in BfA
math isnt your strong point, is it.

1 Like

It’s obvious what is a loading screen. You’re just trying to avoid facing the facts because you don’t have any reasons that are consistent and logical. So you try and play stupid and say “I don’t know what you’re talkign about!”

Anything that gives you a splash screen is a loading screen. You zone into a dungeon, that’s a loading screen. A portal is also a loading screen. Entering the tram is a loading screen.

21 Likes

This topic is temporarily closed for 24 hours due to a large number of community flags.

This topic was automatically opened after 24 hours.

They can’t even math. The few whales left won’t make up for the millions of people who were paying for a monthly sub. There just aren’t that many microtransactions available…and lets face it, the current dev team doesn’t have the work ethic to put out enough to make up for the millions of people who are gone and their monthly sub revenue.

You didn’t post a pic, but I’d swear I can almost picture a very grumpy/arrogant look on their face…By any chance, did this individual happen to go on to get a law degree and wind up as game lead for a major software company?

10 Likes

This topic is temporarily closed for 24 hours due to a large number of community flags.

This topic was automatically opened after 24 hours.

Here we go welcome back :grinning:

7 Likes

So, from what I understand, they will be giving us back the CoT portal sometime, and making the portals work for quests? Something about making a portal to get to another continent if you have a quest there? Am I correct in my assumption? (No I didn’t watch the Q&A, no time.)

1 Like

yeah,i don’t how tha’s going to work maybe some type of networking.

They didn’t actually mention the broken portals that are supposed to be visible during quests. They said that they would clarify how to get to a different area if it’s on another continent, so the game would direct you to the nearest boat/portal/npc to get to where you need to go.

3 Likes

My rogue is leveling through Legion, and was sent to Booty Bay. The Kara portal did appear, so they may be fixing it.

1 Like

I hope they did ,it would great for questers.

Ah, so not making a portal, just telling you how to get there. Which, I already knew. Humph. Well at least we got the CoT one back–whenever they decide to put it back that is.

We’ll may have a quest (like always) to open a portal or gate in the other continents .

Basically, it’ll be a buggy, inconsistent mess.

Just restore all the portals you took away, devs.

9 Likes

They mentioned some people not being able to figure out how to get to Silithus, so I guess they’re designing the game around some incredibly directionally-challenged players.

2 Likes

It’s more for those situations where you get a quest in Stormwind, but the quest directs you to say Desolace. What they mentioned will be a new UI feature that should guide you to the best/nearest continent transport, and then you’ll have the standard arrow directing you to the quest objective.

This doesn’t sound like a bad idea, in all honesty. Part of me is even a little surprised its taken this long to have such a feature be incorporated.

However, it really doesn’t solve the primary issue players have raised with the portal removals and overall time inefficiency. It was a deflect by Ion to get away from the negative removal, and an attempt to spin it as some positive new thing.

12 Likes