Rearranging and Removing Portals

Agreed. I’m not really sure who thought this was a good plan.

5 Likes

There is no long term strategy. They pruned portals that Legion expansion introduced. Why even do that? There is no plan other than trying to funnel people into Orgrimmar/Stormwind.

5 Likes

But imagine how much bigger the world would feel! Surely that’s what’s important here.

Yeah patrolling warfronts with world bosses, portals, and being able to flight around saves this content somewhat from being below average to mediocre.

It increases their time played metric.

That’s the only reason, and they won’t state that publicly because it would make them look like idiots.

3 Likes

:+1::+1::+1:
EXACTLY!
We couldnt trust them to not remove portals that were being used and not harming anyone. How on earth could we trust them to not remove the items in question if the mood struck them after months of grinding.
We cant.
No matter what the alt trolls say here, the FACT is that this kind of ongoing behavior by ActiBliz has destroyed the TRUST entirely.

This isnt just about some portals to nowhere.
Its about YEARS of pulling this kind of crap and ruining any chance of being able to trust them.

My ex would lie. Get caught. ‘repent’. Then lie, get caught, ‘repent’. Again lie, get caught, ‘repent’.
Oh…and did I mention the lies were about cheating with other men?

Im a forgiving sort so I can put up with a bit more than some.
At a point, however, enough is enough and its over. OVER over. And it cannot be reconciled under any circumstances.
I think ActiBliz has pushed me to that point with this portal crap.

3 Likes

It is the reason.
If this would a court of law and a motive were being examined this would be the most obvious motive and likely given all of the evidence the only possible motive to begin with.

All the evidence combined points to one thing… forcing us into new content and dragging the game out, especially if we’re interested in going back into classic thru MoP.

Of course they aint gonna say that in the OP.
No…theyre going to make up some fairy tale about making the world ‘bigger’, which is a lie, just like my ex used to tell to try to cover her tracks knowing that it was so obvious that a 4 year old could tell it was a lie.

3 Likes

Blizzard wants us chasing mirages by their vision of making the world seem bigger,lol

this is a very good thing and i’m very happy they are going back to how wow was in the golden age #MWGA

please, son. Even on details that dont NEED any research, such as the majority opinion in this thread, you just ignore, deflect, dodge and/ make up some of the most ridiculous, asinine crap I think I have ever seen in over 30 years of enjoying debating a multitude of topics.

3 Likes

Hey all. Head on over to the Q&A thread and use the search feature to find any “portal” posts. Give those concerns bump likes and posts and post your own if you haven’t, yet.

#WEWILLNOTBEIGNORED
#YOUNOTAKEPORTAL
#BRINGBACKTHEYAK

8 Likes

yeah…idn’t it hysterical that all they had to do was NOT make the mechanics of BfA so mindnumbingly boring (If I see one more tiny azerite shard… :roll_eyes: ) and we’d have been playing it because we enjoyed playing it.

I said in Legion if there were artifacts in this new expansion that I was done. Just grinding AP for ONE slot was horrifically BOOORING enough.
So what did they do…add 4 or 5 more slots to grind.

Im playing ESO now and the drops are almost exciting.
Firstly, from what Im seeing it must not drop these crazy high increases that are like 5 times more than what you should have gotten, which makes it feel more like a flippin lottery than any real sense of progression.
So far, knock on wood, I’ll mostly get one small upgrade to some gear slot, with occasionally getting two small upgrades.
This is from doing what amounts to an invasion point.

I crafted a level 24 ring day before yesterday, then enchanted it.
I was level 21. Couldnt even wear the thing yet. So apparently crafting in ESO is RELEVANT to my character and can actually serve some purpose, unlike WoW, where by the time you can craft it, youve already gotten some TF drop that makes it obsolete.

With all this and more, its no wonder BFA and WoW in general isnt fun and players are wanting to run old content instead.

3 Likes

yeah…because as we all know there are only TWO land masses to travel to now :roll_eyes:
how many alts you posting on?

8 Likes

Even if it wasn’t the only reason, it certainly isn’t related to player experience or enjoyment. A person would have to be a legitimate imbecile to expect people to believe that.

3 Likes
  1. Price is not the main reason for customer churn; it is actually due to the overall poor quality of customer service – Accenture global customer satisfaction report 2008.
  2. A customer is 4 times more likely to defect to a competitor if the problem is service related than price or product related – Bain & Company.
  3. The probability of selling to an existing customer is 60 – 70%. The probability of selling to a new prospect is 5-20% – Marketing Metrics.
  4. For every customer complaint there are 26 other unhappy customers who have remained silent – Lee Resource.
  5. A 2% increase in customer retention has the same effect as decreasing costs by 10% – Leading on the Edge of Chaos, Emmet Murphy & Mark Murphy.
  6. 96% of unhappy customers don’t complain, however 91% of those will simply leave and never come back – 1 st Financial Training services.
  7. A dissatisfied customer will tell between 9-15 people about their experience. Around 13% of dissatisfied customers tell more than 20 people. – White House Office of Consumer Affairs.
  8. Happy customers who get their issue resolved tell about 4-6 people about their experience. – White House Office of Consumer Affair.
  9. 70% of buying experiences are based on how the customer feels they are being treated – McKinsey .
  10. 55% of customers would pay extra to guarantee a better service – Defaqto research.
  11. Customers who rate you 5 on a scale from 1 to 5 are six times more likely to buy from you again, compared to ‘only’ giving you a score of 4.8. – TeleFaction data research.
  12. It takes 12 positive experiences to make up for one unresolved negative experience – “Understanding Customers” by Ruby Newell-Legner.
  13. A 5% reduction in the customer defection rate can increase profits by 5 – 95% – Bain & Company.
  14. It costs 6 – 7 times more to acquire a new customer than retain an existing one – Bain & Company.
  15. eCommerce spending for new customers is on average $24.50, compared to $52.50 for repeat customers – McKinsey.

So my question to you is this – with this weight of evidence why do organizations still not truly focus on improving the Customer Experience?

See, ActiBlizz, you are being stupid when it comes to the portals, flight, pruning, second rate content, poor class design, etc. I’d say get a clue, but above you will 15 clues. Might want to use them.

Semper Fi! :us:

21 Likes

… The Orgrimmar Zeppelin tower portal to UC got removed too!?!

1 Like

No I think that’s still there. At least I am pretty sure I saw it yesterday.

1 Like

/cracks knuckles

I’ve wanted to pop Khadgar in the face since halfway through the legendary ring quest in WoD.

2 Likes

/booming panda laugh

Yeah, the world is already so big I can’t be bothered to go to Darkshore WITH the portal.

3 Likes

The world’s so much bigger now and I love it so much.