Rearranging and Removing Portals

I’m actually one of those people that thinks Blizzard made a mistake putting flying in at all during Burning Crusade. Everything was so much simpler from the ground.

1 Like

Calling other people sheep is an insult.

4 Likes

I think everyone would be fine in 2004 since they wouldn’t have a decade of portal use and experience with a plethora of other MMO’s travel systems.

1 Like

Quoting this because I’ve run out of likes and it’s pretty much my sentiment exactly. I don’t do much PvP but running old content was one of the biggest ways I passed the time in-between raids. I could certainly keep doing so after the patch but thinking about how much extra time will be spent getting there, especially on alts who do not have the reputations and transport items that this character does, does not sound appealing. I’ll just play other games instead.

Also I had a bet with someone that we’d get a ‘you think you do but you don’t’ response to this issue so thanks for the easy win I guess.

2 Likes

Someone mentioned it, and while I may hate the streamer, supposedly he got some fun info from what was reported to investors.

While all they’ll tell us is MAU is what matters, they do give the Investors “time played” as a measuring stick.

So, anything that lengthens the amount of time we play is of course “good” for the investors.

However, gamers as a whole, across the years, have consistently hated wasting their time.

It’s fine if something is rare and we have to work for it. That’s not wasting our time. When you artificially lengthen the time it takes to do things (and you’re obvious about it) then we, as gamers, get rightfully upset.

3 Likes

I’d like to reiterate that I’ve been playing since launch, and even have a fancy little statue for the 10 year subscription deal.

3 Likes

You morons want they game to feel alive again, then maybe during MoP you should have added Brewfest to Pandaria.
Or put a Tortollan village in Un’goro.
Or put any of the Legion invasions in areas outside Vanilla zones.
Or finally update Silvermoon and Exodar.
Or add Ethereal vendors, for xmog and the like, to all old cities like Shattrath and Dal.
Or finally give gnomes and trolls a proper home, namely Gnomer and the full Echo Isles.
Or do anything that makes sense!

10 Likes

If you’re consistent on it I have no problem with your opinion.

It’s the people who will mock collectors for being annoyed at our gameplay being artificially extended but will complain about the same thing when it comes to flying or timegating that annoy me.

It took them a decade to remember the NPC in Northrend-Dalaran, I’m sure she has a couple years remaining.

1 Like

I would wager anything that he has multiple characters/accounts that he is posting in this thread. Guaranteed.

1 Like

Classic Forums are that way =====>

8 Likes

“yOu WoUlDnT lAsT bAcK iN 2004”

such a joke

2 Likes

Some of us want Classic systems in Modern WoW. Is that a hard concept to grasp?

Id bet money on it. Not just him either.

1 Like

This isn’t classic. They are making it for you guys for a reason.

1 Like

A true veteran of Azeroth you are. I played launch and all of BC…but stopped due to being more of a fan of SWG…pretty much played SWG up until 2011. Then came back to WoW at the end of MOP. (didn’t need to my life story) ><

1 Like

then go play classic.
Secondly, you have a CHOICE not to USE those portals.
Theres your ‘classic systems’ without removing OUR access

8 Likes

Rezkar is also Aelindriax/Lorethelin. So that is 3 that we know of. These are the kinds of things the 1% are resorting to…

4 Likes

I’ve said it before, mounts and flying mounts, could be so much More, if Blizzard was willing to put the effort into them.

Imagine if mounts fell into groups and each ‘group’ of mounts had a special ability. Imagine if one category of mounts had a high burst speed but a slower travel speed. Or another one let you climb mountains. That would encourage players to go track down mounts of various groups, so they could explore the world in different ways.

Or how about puzzles like a chasm with heavy cross winds that forced you to move one way or the other while flying. If you could figure out the maze you could get a fun achievement or maybe a toy.

1 Like

:+1:

Out of likes.

2 Likes