Rearranging and Removing Portals

Outrage culture my friend. It seems to be the way of 2019, sadly. In the list of issues I have with the game, travel time isn’t even in the Top 100. It’s just a small group of outraged people. Note that most of this thread is 20-30 posters reposting over and over and over. There are people like me who agree with you though, they are just afraid of being flamed. People like you and me, however, are not. Bring on the heat!

1 Like

They could also simply put in the Stormwind and Orgrimmar portal rooms, as planned, and leave the existing portals in Dalaran alone. Though I would prefer to also see the return of the Shrine portals.

2 Likes

There’s no way in hell this game has 3 million subs right now, let alone 5.

1 Like

You have a list of 100 things wrong with this game? Share please.

1 Like

heres a bit more of the dumpster fire for ya.
reddit.com/r/wow/comments/aw6lu1/patch_815_is_removing_over_a_dozen_useful_portals/

See how many posters there are happy about this change.
Careful…lots of language over it

3 Likes

:+1: I’ve heard the community like the Devs of that game.

1 Like

Can we just add RNG to a single portal? That will add playtime.

7 Likes

Great choice of words. Admirable subtlety. I even gave you a :heart: for it.

impacted

[adjective]
Definition of impacted

• strongly or directly affected by something especially in a negative way
  • deeply entrenched, not easily changed or removed

Anyone want to venture a guess as to which definition is intended?

4 Likes

im sorry but last time i checked you dont speak for the entire wow playerbase. move on please

Would you be happy if you were fired? Would you be comfortable with the change from being employed to being unemployed?

Not all change is good or positive. There are changes that are bad and unhealthy.

1 Like

Aren’t you thankful?

2 Likes

Funny you mention that, since the post on Wowhead also has a lot of comments, and the majority are negative.

1 Like

Yeah, they are all negative as well lol.

2 Likes

Im one of those guys who has put $1500 into playing this game in the last 19 months who is trying to find a reason to not feel like quitting.
Good enough?

So go focus on those issues instead of stomping around in a thread that you say doesn’t concern you.

AKA the peanut gallery that shows up every time Blizzard says/does something even slightly controversial so they can stir the pot and antagonize other players.

4 Likes

Well, I cared. So I guess “literally” doesn’t mean the same to you as it does to Mr. Webster.

But it’s not the removal of the regular portals that’s bothering me here (since they’re being replaced). It’s the removal of portals like the Caverns of Time, which exists in both Dalarans (until the 12th). I won’t go into why that’s such an important portal since it’s explain elsewhere numerous times, but I will point out it’s been in the game since before Cata. Why is it suddenly something the devs feel isn’t needed or makes the world feel smaller when it was fine for a decade?

Oh, yes. I can fly over there from Uldum, a trip of just over three minutes. But that’s 3 X all the alts I would have run through various instances in CoT. I don’t have that sort of time, so I’ll simply not go over there at all. I’ll do dailies or whatever and log off, reducing my play time by a considerable amount. This really isn’t a bad thing for me, since it will give me more time to do real life things. But I don’t think it’s the result the devs really wanted.

3 Likes

They’re working on putting together a big community birthday package for several of the devs right now, in fact.

1 Like

double entendre

We are negatively impacted
They won’t change.

I like !

2 Likes

The majority of the comments I’ve seen would seem to agree with them though, and they never claimed to speak for the entire playerbase either.

I have a feeling thats because when most people dont have an issue with a game, they dont go out of their way to post about that. they just keep playing.