Rearranging and Removing Portals

As someone who has played since 2004 without a break, I think this decision by Blizzard is moronic.

8 Likes

I want to know what player interaction is. What are you guys doing where you’ll be somewhere outside of a city and see someone and interact with them?

With all the time you’ve spent raging in the last 2-3 hours in this thread, think of all the playing of WoW you could have been doing… or even traveling across the world. A bit ironic. Wasting time complaining about wasting time: the ultimate META argument.

I too have been playing since Vanilla and think this removal is bad.

I wish I had trust level 3 because I really want to link a picture of Milton from Office Space with his quote “Well OK but … that’s the last straw.”

1 Like

many is an over statement, friend.
Youre two or three here and there are TONS of these discussions all over the web with raging posts against this childish move that serves no real purpose.

1 Like

One would surmise, with reasonable certainty, that a person who has a vested interest in farming CoT content hit Revered years ago.

If they’re new, it won’t kill em to earn it.

I didn’t realize Orgrimmar and Stormwind were newer places that needed a greater flow of players.

As for interactions, what good does it do me to interact with a player on a different realm who cannot join my guild and with whom I cannot trade anything? Seeing lots of people in the world (all of whom have an asterisk by their names) is all fine and dandy, but what’s the point if all we can do is run past each other on our way to a portal?

4 Likes

WoW devs design their game for them, not for us. This honestly might be the last straw for me.

The WoW dev team has shown, over and over again, that they don’t care about player feedback. They have a “vision” for the game (that they are utterly incapable of communicating clearly about and that changes from week to week depending on what they are trying to justify at any given moment). The players don’t matter.

I really thought, with such a huge outcry, that this time, this time, they would listen.

They aren’t listening. They are “hearing” us, true, which is why we get posts like this one. But there’s a whole world of difference between those two verbs.

8 Likes

:face_with_raised_eyebrow:
Wow. Really are, arent you?
Not playing because this trash has irritated me so I dont WANT to play.
Thats how unsubbing begins.
Adding up yet?

2 Likes

Lets be real here, the current devs didn’t make the fun-WOW you knew back then.

5 Likes

Why? How does a portal being removed benefit you?

1 Like

I’m going to submit the same feedback I submitted to the other thread, but now I’m including my rebuttal to Kaivax.

Rebuttal: A large plurality of players disagree with your assessment of principles vs. design considerations. This is obvious from the other thread. It is becoming obvious from this thread. Gather up that feedback and pay attention to it. This is the flying debacle again. Genie’s out of the bottle.

NO ONE ASKED FOR THIS CHANGE. IT IS A BAD CHANGE. THIS IS A 14 YEAR OLD GAME AND MAKING OUR ABILITY TO REACH CONTENT THAT IS 8+ YEARS OLD HARDER IS ANATHEMA

10 Likes

If they didn’t remove portals we wouldn’t be here now would we :slight_smile:

I understand the reasoning why THEY believe they should do it. What i don’t understand is when you have a very very high percentage of the player base incredibly against it why do so? When you say it diminishes the meaningful size that is entirely not true.

Sure gate them with the level cap or even through rep (exalted with Keepers of Time unlocks their portal for your account for example). But you cant sit there and tell me a max level player needs to be reminded how big the WORLD of Warcraft is. It just becomes more tedious to do things the player base enjoys whether it be collection/transmog farming, gold making etc.

2 Likes

Well, when your stock prices are dive bombing and youve had mass subs disappear you need to funnel the remaining players into something that resembles a populated server.

2 Likes

Dragon Soul does not award any Keepers of Time rep. Which is primarily what people are farming there.

6 Likes

Yeah, we learned in WoD they were terrified of monkeying with LF_ systems, even if it did a lot of the things they hated about flight and more. It’s comical, since they’ve still got meeting stones for these dungeons all over the place. I bet fewer players use those meeting stones than use the various portals, but they keep on adding stones…

The world is important.

The journey is important.

Until it all isn’t, and then nothing more need be said about all that pesky open world content and immersion, challenge, danger, and whatnot.

3 Likes

So 7 months into BFA, not enough players are using BFA content? That I do believe.

9 Likes

How about playability and things like that Tsav? This whole fiasco is just one more thing proving to me that Blizzard is evolving to outside my gaming tastes.

2 Likes

This response is full of it nothing but corporate double talk. Its a random unnecessary change that is while it may not be designed to make things harder for the players it does. Why don’t you give the players the choice on how to travel rather than forcing your will upon them? There is a reason the post exploded with 5k responses in just a matter of a few days.

7 Likes