Rearranging and Removing Portals

dont worry classic will open soon enough for your epeen feelings “bro” litty expansion rite? :joy::ok_hand::fire:

3 Likes

planning on it.
The wife and I are talking about FF14 as I type this.
Just need to talk to her brother and his wife to see if theyre on board too.

3 Likes

I play mostly DoM classes except for my Drk, but they’re all about mp management as well so i probably won’t notice much of a difference, but yeah at least so far i feel like any blunders theyve made have been minor. I cant really even think of any rn so im sure they’ll do well with this change as well

No, they don’t. They design it around 99% of the playerbase, not 1%. It just doesn’t fit your narrative for you to admit that. I get it, but you’re wrong.

And when these people who care enough to speak out against changes instead of blindly accepting every change as good are gone, who will be left? While there be enough players left to keep servers open?

Look at Wildstar as an example. They drove away casuals in droves. The game went free to play then closed its doors for good. When you actively drive away players you risk the company eventually doing things to save money.

First they’ll shut down servers and do forced transfers. Then they’ll provide less frequent updates. Finally they’ll simply shut down the game.

Nobody wants that. The people speaking now are trying to make Blizzard realize that they’re driving people away with their obsession to control everything. Which is not a good thing in any business.

6 Likes

They have a free trial up to level 35, the game is just breathtaking.

1 Like

It is hard to believe how out of touch the present development team seems to be. Being tabbed out while getting somewhere on some flight path, whether it is current or legacy content, is not engaging. It is not immersive and it does not make the world seem larger. It is simply annoying and boring. When flight was tied to Pathfinder during WoD, I was not happy, but I decided to accept the explanation. The developers wanted players to fully experience zones before skipping them with flight. I fail to see how this recent decision to remove multiple portals from the game will enhance my experience of this game in any way.

3 Likes

Ya, I mostly tank so I will notice it on the paladin. With some number tweaks to costs I am sure it will be fine.

Fine.

But leave the Caverns of Time portals, at least. Please.

I would rather have to pick a specific portal I want to keep than lose them all. I’d rather not lose any. By all means move portals and consolidate them into one area, no one will complain about that - but you sold the Portal Rooms as a good thing at Blizzcon, and this whole thing has just turned it into a “I wish they wouldn’t implement it” thing for many of us.

I would quite honestly give up the Orgrimmar portal room if it meant keeping Caverns of Time portal and Wyrmrest Accord portal in Dalaran.

But hey, if you want to add a new item that will teleport us to the Caverns of time, I’d be happy with that.

I don’t care about travel being chaotic, I care about it being expedient. Look at this this way: removing these portals makes travel MORE chaotic, not less.

Instead of Dalaran Hearthstone, run into the building, Caverns of Time portal, I instead have to Dalaran Hearthstone, Orgrimmar Portal, Uldum Portal, AFK-but-not-too-long fly across Uldum and Tanaris, then down the windy corridor to finally get to the instance I want.

If I want to go farm Throne of Thunder on 12 characters, I have to portal to Orgrimmar, portal to Jade Forest, fly across THE ENTIRE CONTINENT, portal to Isle of Thunder, run on foot to the raid.

Trust me when I say the world feels big enough without you removing portals. If you were really so concerned with the world feeling big, why aren’t you reducing our flight path or mounted speeds? That would sure make the world feel bigger.

3 Likes

And of course, some players have chosen to play as Warlocks or Mages specifically because those classes offer unique means of transport.

Got to say, this made me stop for a moment as well.

Last time I looked:

You need 3 people for a lock portal.

Gateway is good for maybe ten feet.

So…anyone?

9 Likes

Too many years of Blizzard bending the knee to these types. Glad they finally grew a spine though. Better late than never =)

2 Likes

Armor actually looks like armor and each part of it feels like it belongs to a set. Sadly, I have a level 50 toon and some other toons in the 30s, so if I go back I have to pay for a sub.

2 Likes

This is (I believe) derived from phpBB, which has been around for almost 2 decades. Blizzard didn’t create it, and it’s really not too much to take a moment and make sure simple markup tags are in the right place.

Like I said earlier, if you have Amazon Prime and twitch you can grab a free base copy of the game plus 30 days. If you need a server you are more then welcome on mine, Cactuar.

1 Like

Well see thats the thing, I dont think it’s a bad change, and nearly everyone that ive talked to in real life and in game doesnt think so either. So maybe its possible this issue isnt as one sided as you might have thought?

1 Like

Are you serious? Blizzard hasn’t listened to their customers in years. And back when they did, the game was better and they had more customers. :thinking:

Yeah you must be right. The thousands of people on here, reddit, and all of the other fansites must be wrong.

10 Likes

cool. No reason not to do that in the morning then.
It’ll be an easy sell to the wife. Just hoping her brother and his wife will come along too.

1 Like

Can you port to Shattrath and talk to the Zephyr NPC? She was not on the list of removals that I am aware of.

Wildstar tried that. They tried to stick to their guns, to ignore the casuals and focus on the hardcore players. They went under as a result.

A good company learns that compromise is how you keep players. You give and take. The past few years of WoW has been more TAKE than GIVE.

And this is another example of TAKE rather than GIVE.

6 Likes

You all have mages, don’t you?

3 Likes