Rearranging and Removing Portals

They just stated they’re taking our feedback into consideration. They can state what they like. It’s what they do that matters. And they absolutely design the game around the top end raiders.

2 Likes

You’re making the game worse. On purpose. Travel time isn’t fun. People want to spend their time playing the game not waiting to play the game. Don’t do stupid things that make the game worse.

Also, flying needs to be added to expansions after 1 or maybe two months. Same reasons. Travel is boring, stop making the non game parts of wow slow and boring.

It’s amazing how you guys keep adding good things to wow only to take them away later. The incompetence level on some of your design choices is crazy high. My sub is up in a couple weeks and I’ll let it stay that way.

Maybe you guys could let us do the travel parts of the game on our phones? We all have phones after all. It just makes sense and you could charge us a dollar for an instant flight path or to use a portal.

2 Likes

It was neither random, no for no reason. Post #1 explained the reason it was being done, and why it was being done now. You can disagree, nothing wrong with that, but you can’t claim “randomly took out for no reason”.

shhh…Im stuck in combat

1 Like

Please reconsider the Caverns of Time and Karazhan portal removals. There are a lot of reasons to go back to both of those places, and they are rather inconvenient to get to. If you don’t want a full portal, at least consider putting a flight master at each. Thanks.

2 Likes

Fix a couple of them and there’s no issue.

Put the portal to Pandaria to the Jade Forrest if you haven’t opened the Vale, and if you have opened the Vale than have it go to the Vale Shrines.

Make the Caverns of Time portal available.

Make the Dalaran Crater portal available.

Other than that? No issue.

Just don’t use this as an excuse to make travel more of a pain in the neck simply to increase MAU. We’re not stupid.

The idea of the portal room is a good one. That’s fine, no issue there. Just don’t use it as an excuse to make things a PITA to get around. Forcing people to just needlessly spend a lot of time on flight paths doesn’t make the game feel big. It just makes you want to AFK and alt-tab out of the game entirely.

Can you guys do us a favor and just make them toys so we don’t have to carry them around in our bags as an otherwise tied up garbage bag slot to have the ability to use the teleport?

Make them something like the way the Warlord’s Gold Challenge Mode “Warlord’s Path” works, get the item, and have it unlock the teleport ability. Just give us a way to have a single UI button slot hold the teleport for us, that expands and shows all the teleports we can use. Mage Portals and Teleports work like that. Just have everyone get a “teleports” button that holds all of the teleports we know for that character (and picks up more as you learn them).

5 Likes

It’s interesting to me that you seem to be the only person posting here who is clearly most concerned with how everyone else is allowed to play the game rather than just yourself. Many of us are still waiting for you to respond to our previous responses. It’s curious how you chose to ignore all of those posts in favor of steering the conversation elsewhere…

Most of us just want to continue to be allowed to play the way we have been playing for years.

3 Likes

Loara Loa, Cactuar.

They are, for a week or two before the shuffle I think. They made a news post about it the other day with the specific dates.

sure ya do. Youve proven here that youre willing to irritate PAYING customers over TRIVIAL portals to TRIVIAL content.
No…you dont know how to run a business OR keep paying customers happy

1 Like

It’s actually 100% random and for no reason. There is no reason to inconvenience players but it seems like you think it’s okay for some reason.

1 Like

uh. total BS, friend.
It was "dont REMOVE, dont REMOVE crap that has BEEN THERE for half a decade"
Not even a good try, sorry to inform you.

2 Likes

If tarc ran an MMO, he would be the only player left after one day LOL

1 Like

oh nice. Ive clearly been spending too much time on the wow forums the past few days haha. Was starting to forget that some companies do accommodate their players

4 Likes

That is a perfect example of them listening to the players, people wanted blue mages so they found a way to work it into the current game without breaking anything.

2 Likes

#POSTENDORSED
#GIVEMEMYLIKESBACK
#YOUNOTAKEPORTALS
#SMASHTHELODESTONE
#BRINGBACKTHEYAK

No son, Im the PAYING CUSTOMER who takes my $$$ elsewhere when no longer like the product, along with many other based on what Im seeing posted all over the web about this dumpster fire.
youre one guy with a couple alts. The masses who are talking about this are fuming.

1 Like

one of the dumbest reasons ive ever seen for unsubbing. like, get your priorities straight, theyer just damn portals.

2 Likes

I’m reminded of a thank you thread from some two years ago(I think). A guy posted a thread thanking Blizzard for creating pet battles. They had an older guy in their guild who had a stroke(I believe) and as such he couldn’t play like he used to. But, he could still do Pet Battling. And he enjoyed it. Up until the end.

If it wasn’t for Pet Battling, he would have quit the game because he couldn’t engage in most other forms of content.

You can create things for a multitude of players to enjoy. That is what has drawn so many players to WoW over the years. Something for almost everyone.

6 Likes

he said until the next patch when something HE used every day was removed and HIS game was affected

1 Like