Rearranging and Removing Portals

I’m sure they’re getting all the positive feedback they can handle on the subject.

That positive feedback being “please stop taking away things we like.”

3 Likes

okay, she said ‘keepers of time’ so I couldn’t figure out why she wouldn’t take you there - sort of odd you get a portal for one quest and it is a travestry to allow people to use it on a weekly or daily basis.

1 Like

Canceled my 6 month Sub with you guys and resubbed to FF14 for 6 months. Hope those changes are worth the people that leave.

Take care and see you in 6 months… Maybe

2 Likes

^we are not buying it blizz. We actually play your game

1 Like

Actually the term would be Crimethink. Yes, I read the appendix to 1984. Scary scary stuff.

The reference was to an RPG (pencil and paper) called Paranoia. Pricelessly funny, never once meant to be taken seriously. The Computer is your Friend! One of the worst crimes (punishable by death) is to have a Mutant Power. Guess what? Every character had a Mutant Power. Yup. Oh, and you had 6 copies of your character. Death was common. And funny.

Surviving Briefing often cost you a character. Surviving the Mission often cost you more. Surviving Debriefing … you guessed it.

2 Likes

Lol exactly that. Everyone is repeating the same thing over and over yet they REFUSE to listen to us.

2 Likes

you can do cross server stuff for instanced content currently and some time late march or early april they’re making it so you can do open world stuff cross server.

Brynhildr! Hit me up on here with your character name if you join us and I’ll meet up with you.

Both of the US datacenters are located on the west coast, unlike WoW’s, so no need to pick between one based on location either.

Don’t judge me! It’s been 6 years since I read 1984. I’m pulling terms from memory, here. :frowning:
I’ve gotta look into that game though xD

Think someone in Freehold is making a killing selling earplugs to Irvine?

2 Likes

Nice to see that my guess that you work waitstaff, AKA a completely irrelevant business model that is completely backwards compared to the one we’re actually addressing, was correct. God, this is painful to read.

2 Likes

Yeah. Recruiting for another game in WoW forums should make Blizzard listen. Maby.

They will never listen to their community. They want to encourage interaction between players yet we have LFD and LFR. Make the world feel bigger. Just fly up, open the map and point yourself at the location and auto fly there while watching something on another monitor. Oh yea when I’m afk flying over all your old content I will totally be interacting with other players. Better not say that or they will remove flying all together.

The only reason for this change is to keep players logged on longer to increase their metrics.

4 Likes

100% agree, i cant like this anymore so here… have a :+1::+1::+1::+1::+1:

2 Likes

Unfortunately it’s more likely to earn me a forum vacation. At this point they’ll only listen to us when hell freezes over.

4 Likes

I can’t wait for taliesin & evitel to shill for and protect this change in the face of most players being pissed off.

3 Likes

I know I’m just going to be one of thousands of replies on this. I know nothing we say will matter, but I’m disappointed. That’s really all I can say about how this company has handled its player base. You acknowledge almost 5,000 replies and yet you choose to ignore them. You know that removing portals are bad for the player, yet you do it because its forces us to waste time and make your active play times look better on reports.

There really is no excuse for the removals. A portal being in game doesn’t force players to use it. Yet removing those portals does force a change in gameplay for those that were using them. I’m disappointed.

6 Likes

Yes?

Basically, Ghostcrawler has one philosophy, Ion had another.

Ghostcrawler put in things he liked.

Ion then removed many of them.

3 Likes

I’m fairly certain this was already brought up in the 5k+ thread that they supposedly used for feedback. Just goes to show you…

I would love to know how much of the dev team actually thinks removing the portals is a necessary change. Do they have anyone who plays the devil’s advocate for design decisions??

2 Likes

Are you just referencing memes or do you even bother watching their videos before you make comments like this? Just curious.

They just whine more politely than the forums do.

It’s probably out of date by now. So good luck finding a copy. I have copies of a lot of old cheesy RPGs.

And I only remembered the term since you mentioned it. And its been longer since I read 1984. The movie didn’t do the book justice as it cut off many chapters before the extremely creepy last line of the book.

“He was smiling.”

2 Likes