Rearranging and Removing Portals

oh yeah, I love photography. I got into it back in 85 or so. Bought a Minolta from JC Penny for my first ‘real’ camera.
Later I found an old screw mount model that was ALL manual controls. Absolutely love that camera.

Sounds like an inventor ,yeah,family hates me doing it too.LOL

Scary thing is, I know I’m a hard man to agree with. When I saw that my simple question near the start of this thread had received over 200 likes I was blown away. Because I can be a grumpy cuss. I’m a Capricorn. I was born in the year of the Ox. I’m a stubborn old fool.

I don’t bend on matters all that easily. It makes me unpleasant to deal with at times. I know it.

And yet, I said something that over 200 people agreed with.

To me, that’s a bloody miracle.

:rofl:
“oh god…what are you doing with that pvc?”

That’s not good. Digital. I don’t have the scratch to do film.

I did film back in high school. That was fun.

But I need to get a decent camera first. Which will probably set me back a couple hundred dollars. Ie find one with a decent resolution.

LOL for it’s wood ,you going to clean that mess up? me…what mess.

6000 Replies and no other Blue post?

4 Likes

I have a Nikon d3300.

I’ve been meaning to replace it. Hasn’t been the same since me and it took a tumble into the Baltic Sea

In their defense the thread started really getting HOT late on Friday. When save the skeleton crew, most of them go home for the weekend. Why do you think Sunday has become a meme of “trolls come out in force”.

yeah the wife gets on me about the dust.
I did get into using a bench plane more than using a power sander. Doesnt throw dust around and GOD planing is so much more fun.
I want to go spend maybe a couple grand on a really nice set of planes at some point. I think I like the planes themselves more than the wood working

This is far from the truth. We received a very patronizing response from an out-of-touch company. They did not address the concerns at all in that long winded post.

5 Likes

I used to do photography that was a long time ago,miss it. cameras sure have changed over the years,now i really don’t know which one i want.

Yeah, seawater + camera = bad combination.

It was actually an anime convention that got me back into photography. Several years back I decided to start attending and wanted to get photographs. Memories and all that. First year I was so nervous about asking people if I could take their pictures. Second year, I was cool. Now? I’m mostly nervous about asking the girls who are wearing skimpy outfits or are definitely hot to trot.

Dont ya hate that?
We bought a nice digital years ago. We were moving and it was in a bag and I very loudly told everyone to let ME grab that bag.
I turned my back and my mother in law must have snatched it up within a couple seconds and literally tossed it up into the moving truck where it bounced and rolled a couple times.
Sure enough our new camera was destroyed.

Yeah,there just something about woodworking ,i don’t know it just feels good when it done.

If I had a few grand to drop without worry, I’d get one of the mirror-less ones Nikon has come out with.

Funny thing is, the camera itself is mostly fine. Just ruined one lens and the flash.

Slid off a slick rock straight into the sea. Was up in Sweden on a research trip… Saw some ducks, thought it’d be a grand idea to get close.

oh yeah.
I made some dice towers with oak here recently. Really turned out nice. nothing like using something you built yourself :+1:

The mental imagry of that is painful. And while its genuinely hard to get me angry, I would have been less than … civil had that happened to me.

Now that’d be awesome. I’m a gamer at heart and anything involving dice gets me smiling. I collect odd dice.

Dice in a bottle. Dice inside other dice. I have one that is technically a six sided dice, but its not a perfect cube.

I’m always looking for new and unusual dice to collect.

I have a similar mentality to cooking.

Meals taste better when you make it yourself.

Spent 6 hours preparing 8 braised/pan broiled beef short-ribs. In a red wine and stock reduction. Then spent a good 10 minutes lining the bones up into a tower, and garnishing with diced shallots.

A lot of work.

I’d post a picture…but I can never get to “trust level 3” due to a previous ban. Because that is really pro-consumer, locking key forum features behind obtuse regulations and a hidden ranking system with very little surfaced data.

1 Like