Rearranging and Removing Portals

they are trying to bait players with the increase of 5-10 ilvls? (I think not sure the exact number) on the crucible of storms raid… with some lame effect that only OH COINCIDENCE mythic players think it’s cool… :crazy_face: after that it’s just another race to the snore leveling fest to 110 for the heritage armor on the new races or spend more cash to change your main/alts…

1 Like

“I don’t have a good response for this, so I’m just going to spit out generic buzzwords with no meaning and pretend that I have some mysterious, unstated argument in the hopes that you will forget that my post has no content whatsoever.”

5 Likes

FFXIV used to be my “side” mmo and wow the main one, but that dynamic completely reversed with this xpac. I’ve recruited both my brothers to it and one already made the full switch, leaving wow completely. As it is I’m the only one doing much wow at all which is ironic to me since ive been doing ffxiv on and off since arr and they used to not even consider trying it.

3 Likes

The entire concept is ridiculous. I don’t want a “larger world” it’s massive enough after so many xpacs. It does not need to feel larger. I don’t like spending time simply traveling to where I need to go. Increasing travel time means less time doing the content that I want to do and this gets it to the point where it’s not worth my time. I wish there were more portals, not less.

Traversing Kalimdor as alliance is bad enough already even without removing more portals. I love Kalimdor, I started in Teldrassil and quested south through Kalimdor, but it’s such a pain to get anywhere that it makes me sad because it’s not worth going there. A Theramore portal would be a huge improvement (in addition to not removing existing ones).

It bothers me a lot to see a blue post saying that it was a “mistake” that the Shrine and Legion Dalaran portals remained. Leaving the portals alone was great and a positive thing - I think we actually need more portals than what we currently have. A good start would be to add a portal room in every major city that is the size of the upcoming Stormwind one, along with never ever removing another portal ever again.

8 Likes

I really, really, really, really, REALLY LOVED LEGION.

LEGION WAS SO GOOD.

Sooooo good.

I miss it so much… it just… felt like they cared. Everything was voice acted, there was different lore depending on what class you chose so it actually gave you a reason to have more than one class at max, I personally though the artifacts were really neat and gave cool abilities.

There was just… so much more to that expansion. That, and it actually seemed like they, you know… listened?

2 Likes

Blizzard could easily confirm I went from playing 8+ hours per day…to less than 8 hours total since this crap came up maybe a week ago in here.
Cant log on for more than a few minutes before I get so disgusted I just shut it down and either read the web or go mess with some other hobby.

6 Likes

I’m sorry you feel that way, but you went tumbling down a rabbit hole, egged on by one of the more tenacious portal-lovers, that had nothing to do with what was being discussed.

Oh well. :man_shrugging:

1 Like

#POSTENDORSED
#GIVEMEMYLIKESBACK
#YOUNOTAKEPORTALS
#BRINGBACKTHEYAK

5 Likes

If only their MAU metric tracker could figure out that I was, in fact, AFK for 20 minutes this evening because I tuned out of the game completely while on a long gryphon flight and went to grind my dog’s dewclaws down.

Clearly, I was immersed as **** in the meaningfulness of it all.

7 Likes

Meaningless word salad response. Not an iota of understanding how REAL business who want to make money work.

3 Likes

Portal lovers? Yes I do love my portals.

1 Like

I get that you want to not make it too convenient, that’s fine… But could you please make portals to Vale of Eternal Blossoms instead of Pawdon Village? I have zero reason to go to that part of Pandaria and the Vale of Eternal Blossoms has been my in-game home for years.

1 Like

And removing functionality from places, particularly shared open spaces like Dalaran, also makes the world feel smaller.

Removing reasons to go to places like Shrine, Dalaran, etc doesn’t make the world bigger. It reduces the number of interactions I have, reduces the feeling of an interconnected world. Add to that, it reduces the number of people in those places. It’s an emptier, less interconnected, less living world, and yet that’s your only justification.

9 Likes

Also the LAST thing I want is Dev’s making decisions based on what people in here demand.

5000 posts in one thread, close to 600 here and more to come, plus the threads that will come after the patch drops wont be enough to convince you?

The last time I saw this happen was WOD and flight. and we BOTH know how that turned out

When this goes live it will be a drop in the bucket.

One last point and one I find I am sick to DEATH of hammering home to people.

FORGET THE FORUMS

The ones you should be worried sick about are those who dont post, dont comment, dont say ONE WORD and cancel.

8 Likes

at this point that person you’re answering is here to troll, might as well report and move on :joy:

1 Like

It honestly breaks my heart to see the game like this. Not just the portal issue but just the fact that they don’t give a damn about making a good game anymore. It’s all about slowdown. Its hard to let go after so many years of playing but the WoW and Devs I know are long gone. WoW used to be my rock when it came to games, the game I always return too and it saddens me to see the husk it’s become. I don’t know if this is even recoverable at this point.

11 Likes

Blizzard must be salty at Portal.

1 Like

Not my problem either.

It will be.

2 Likes

Hes having a hard time remembering that portals ARE the discussion here.

1 Like

I have a terrible commute in real life. I don’t need to have that experience simulated in World of Warcraft.

50 Likes