Rearranging and Removing Portals

It is mocking and insulting if you ignore the other questions I made and isolate the one that is for the people who responded a specific way to the previous ones.

No, but they should be run by the players at least once on the PTR/beta before going live.

Do you think the developers never make mistakes and are always 100% perfect in whatever they decide to do?

Better to have some representation than none.

4 Likes

… because you can’t negotiate from that position. The only way you’re going to get what you want is for them to cave to the portal demands - which is highly unlikely, therefor fruitless. Not only that, but some people like this change and Blizzard would then be risking their wrath if they backtracked on it. I daresay those folks aren’t nearly as fervent as the pro-portal folks, but its kind of a zero-sum game. It’s a way for developers to just disregard your concerns as unaddressable. They’ll just right you off.

These questions are for the people who are complaining that this change was not needed, that no one asked for it.

I know. Was just trying to be lighthearted and funny in a very heated place to lower tensions so people can resume having dialogue ;p

Many things in game were originally part player ideas, and player requests, and due to feedback from players.
I wouldn’t go down this line of reasoning, it isn’t valid.

5 Likes

No. Because you piss off players, who are the ones who create your reputation. Investors may pay you a lot of money, but if your reputation is in the toilet, you’re going to be wasting money trying to get more players.

Unhappy Customer tells 5-10 people.
Happy Customer tells 2-3 people.

That’s a cold hard fact of business.

Less convenience means you have to spend more time doing things. It’s been proven that is a fact. Single player RPGs often tout 60 hours, a good 10+ hours of it is spend in mindlessly levelling your characters. So yes, it will increase time played. But time played and time enjoyed are different creatures.

So long as the overall profit margin is the same or higher, they don’t really care if subs drop.

5 Likes

Why is that important? The current system has worked just fine. Some of these portals have existed for a decade before Blizz suddenly decided that they should be removed.

That’s just your opinion and your attempt to control the discussion. You’re the one who is antithetical to negotiation because you refuse to acknowledge one of the sides of the discussion.

5 Likes

They did run it and reddit does have the posters there from 2 months ago on this subject.

Less convenience means you have to spend more time doing things. It’s been proven that is a fact. Single player RPGs often tout 60 hours, a good 10+ hours of it is spend in mindlessly levelling your characters. So yes, it will increase time played. But time played and time enjoyed are different creatures.

It might increase the playtime of specific players, but will it increase the playtime of everyone, including those who will not do that activity anymore and those who drop the game

So long as the overall profit margin is the same or higher, they don’t really care if subs drop.

Do you realize that subs is the main source of revenue for this game?

If that was true, I wouldn’t be attempting to find a middle ground.

What are you hoping is going to happen? That if you and a bunch of other people rage about the changes in this forum that Blizzard will capitulate to your demands? How are you hoping this goes?

But it wasn’t until a few days ago that we knew for sure that these portals would not be added anywhere else after being removed. Before that, it could be chalked up to the PTR not showing everything planned for release.

3 Likes

I wonder if this is true anymore?
Their micrtoransactions and shop are very very popular.

2 Likes

Especially with all of the race/faction changes they’re about to get, thanks to the Zandalari.

2 Likes

Why would someone buy more micro transactions to compensate the sub loss?

Stop using loaded language. I am not “raging” about anything and you know it. You repeatedly use words like that to discredit your opponents and it has become extremely tiresome.

And you act like Blizzard has never backed down from an unpopular change, so stop trying to act like what we’re doing is hopeless.

13 Likes

Can we get new art work for portals?
Some you run through, some you have to click on.
I’m an old player but also getting old: I’m worried about being confused on how to get there.

1 Like

yup,That’s Activsion/Blizzard for you.

The White Knights are very active in this thread! Most amusing!

8 Likes

Zandas, They are Zandas.
ZandasZandasZandasZandas
Hopefully it catches on. :rofl::rofl::rofl:

1 Like