Rearranging and Removing Portals

I didn’t mean a FP being camped. I was referring to “brawl outside of X location.” and using the instant travel option to hit the closest FP. Then ride or fly there.

I remember the days of HGWT and how people used it to move raids across vast stretches of space “almost instantly” to start large scale world pvp.

While many did enjoy it, there was enough flack that it was probably part of why they removed that guild perk.

I wasn’t referring to FP camping. Didn’t mean to imply that. Sorry.

2 Likes

I’m not actually against the removal, I’m against very specific removals, with reasoning behind them. I never stated otherwise. But if you attack the change by saying absurdities, I’ll be compelled to defend it against absurdities. That does not mean I’m now in favor of it.

I could drive a car with my feet but that don’t make it a good idea. That’s how I feel about Activision removing portals. Note I am calling the company Activision and not Blizzard because Blizzard is no longer around.

4 Likes

YOure not the one to make that. Not even remotely.
If someone wants to farm for hours a day…spend that time FARMING, not TRAVELING, that is THEIR business, not YOUR business

8 Likes

Ironic because every defense for this absurd and pointless removal of portals IS absurdity.

6 Likes

Welcome back Direspirt ???:pleading_face:

Yes, they do. How many people take the boat from Stormwind or Wetlands to Northrend now? No reason to. Just portal jockey. I think thats bad for the game. Amazing places like the Dark Portal are almost never passed through anymore. So what I’m saying is lets give instant travel within continents. If you want to go instantly anywhere in Eastern Kingdoms, cool, but if you’re in Eastern Kingdoms and you want to go to Kalimdor, you have to go through a boat/zeppelin. Once there, you can travel anywhere within Kalimdor instantly. It funnels players into places that should be semi-populated.

addicts and whales are their priority customer. their number one priority is the shareholders.

OR…and I’m having to restrain my contempt here…just LEAVE THE BLASTED PORTALS and be done with it.
:roll_eyes:

4 Likes

How many people take a boat to outland? Jk,i get what your saying ,but those areas have 1-60 levels they would miss the experience of leveling.

1 Like

If a ‘whale’ is someone spending tons of extra $$$ on the game that would be me. We’ve bought 9 boosts, 3 copies of the game during legion and then 3 of BfA, a list of mounts for $$$, tokens upon tokens, and a few $$$ pets.
They sure as hades aren catering to me from what Ive seen.

2 Likes

Wizards of course! They always do things larger than life and in the most silly manner possible! I’m waiting for the flying gigantic coconut truth be told.

Of course that’d result in the monty python quote become abused to the extremes.

1 Like

No meaningful discussion can be had with you. You are being completely irrational towards everyone who disagrees with you. I’m just going to start actively ignoring you because no good can come of interacting with you. For the others who want to have a constructive conversation about a middle ground, I’m game. If you want it to be your way or the highway, then don’t bother responding to me. I’m just going to ignore you from here on out.

how not? looks like they’re giving you what you want if you’re buying so much junk. and if they’re not giving you what you want, why spend so much

I do when I need to go Borean Tundra or Howling Fjord.

Probably because there is almost zero incentive to even look at the Dark Portal.

And who is deciding that? Because it feels pretty arbitrary to want more people in a few locations more than others. Why should the zeppelins and boats be more “important” than other forms of travel?

9 Likes

Yes I see your point now.
I am actually a pro-flight PvPer, probably due to being an RP-PvPer where we, the players, design a lot of our warfare outside the limited parameters of Blizzard’s design…emergent game play. :grinning::+1:

4 Likes

WOW…pot, kettle, black…
Youve insulted and demeaned previously now youre trying to pretend as if youre some voice of reason here.
Youre not.
There was NO VALID reason to remove the portals and ANY replacements of the PORTALS should be REPLACING the PORTALS.
Putting in a boat may as well BE A PORTAL…so just LEAVE the PORTALS alone!

9 Likes

Why are you farming old herbs?

If the portals to the Broken Isles are going to go to the outer reaches of the map in Azuna and the Jade Forest, then why the hell aren’t the ones for Outland and Northrend going to Howling Fjord and Hellfire instead of Shattrah and Dalaran?? There isn’t even any internal logic to where the portals go from expansion to expansion.

4 Likes

If that’s true they will be really surprised at how many leave over that. It’s one of the few thing I would unsub over.

2 Likes