Rearranging and Removing Portals

@Kavlax Important Whoever is in charge of this decision may want to take some notes from the real world… as amongst those that actually design cities and rural communities will tell you (well documented for decades) that when you cease to - or never plan for - public transit in major destination points, they turn into slums. No one will ever go there as driving typically takes too long and is oft times dangerous. One only has to look to the largest ghettos in the world to know this is true…

Kill public transit at your own peril.

2 Likes

Okay, ‘interacting with more players traveling’? Really? I didn’t realize using hearthstones, flight paths, and clicking portals was such a bustling social scene.

But nonsense aside, fact remains; you’re removing functionality for no reason. People still visited Pandaria because it had portals to Northrend Dalaran (which itself was essential for its portal to the Caverns of Time) and Shattrath. People still visited Legion Dalaran because it had portals to all the capital cities + Pandaria.

If you want to funnel people into the same areas for ‘reasons’ that’s all fine and dandy but where are the replacement portals in Boralus?

7 Likes

Those individual posters in these threads,I’ve already done it once before.

I honestly could care less, man. The pro-portal people are like sharks with blood in the water. It’s an absolute frenzy. I think you care more about portals than I’ve ever cared about a video game in general.

Do you have a portal usage counter blizzard? Do you know how many times a certain portal is used? Why take away the the most used if it is used a lot?

Yeah it’s amazing that when conveniences are added into a game and then taken away again for no reason, people get angry. Who would have thought.

15 Likes

Just need Direspirit and the trolls who troll the most will all be back. They are very dedicated.

Uh, interacting with people while travelling?

If I’m on a flight path, the only interaction I ever engage in is via whispers with people I know or general chat. And of course as soon as I leave a zone, there goes the general chat.

Also, interacting while travelling? If I’m taking the time to maneuver around mobs and plot my route from A to B, I don’t have time to stop and chat.

Because if I really want to chat, there are good external voice programs that let me do that no matter WHAT I’m doing in game.

So no, removing portals with the excuse of “it’ll make people talk more” (they used that same lame excuse with flying) is 190% bogus.

Also the mindset of “push them into new hubs so they’ll interact!” is 190% bogus. I remember the first week of Mists. Guess what, we were out questing and doing things, but nobody talked with each other. Just because we’re in the same hubs doesn’t mean we’ll interact. The only people who will interact are the social butterflies or people who NEED something like a Crafter.

5 Likes

No,I care more about the players in this video game .Read my comment further on up to see.

Just because people disagree with you doesn’t make them trolls. Ad hominem attacks like that really serve no purpose. It doesn’t further your point and it doesn’t invalidate theirs.

Though I find it entertaining for trolls doing troll things. So where are the trolls? Any Trolls around?

2 Likes

Maybe… your mirrors are all broken. “One only needs to look inside.”

That may be true, but when one starts calling the opposition babies, whiners, losers, mocks them, insults them and generally acts like a 12 year old, they’ve earned the title of TROLL.

9 Likes

You are inferring something that I did not imply.
I will now.
Your posts have little to do with a questionable symptom of a design philosophy that is being questioned by this and another thread, by people who see that it is killing their form of game play and will have an effect on subscriptions.
:sunglasses:

6 Likes

kinda hypocritical that he cries about being deemed a troll while his side of a few alts has insulted and name called since these threads began.

5 Likes

Portals in older zones make those older zones remain relevant; I’m much more likely to spend my off-time doing MoP/Legion content if I can move in and out of those zones in a meaningful way.

A GM had to do the opening Jade Forest quest for me on my DH. There was no Jade Forest portal, nor did the correct NPC show up to talk to in Orgrimmar—there were, however, two Warchiefs standing side by side.

3 Likes

You care enough to keep coming back and posting about how much you don’t care. Go find any of the 100 topics that you think are more important to you and stick with those topics. Stop posting about something you claim to not care about.

6 Likes

HA…
And yet HERE YOU ARE in a THREAD about PORTALS.
I think you care more about a THREAD about portals than we care about the PORTALs :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

11 Likes

@Kaivax Maybe… give something whilst taking something else away
Take the portals away but make the flight taxis 30% faster and perma-flying. That’s right, flying everywhere, all the time. No better way to get to know a place than by flying over it.

3 Likes