Rearranging and Removing Portals

Flight was also a slightly legal problem since they had advertised and sold copies of WOD with the inclusion of flying as a feature.

2 Likes

Yeah sorry. You’re right. I’m sorry. That’s stupid of them to say something like that. There’s only one person that’s the epitome of what’s wrong with this game right now, and that’s the guy at the top of the team. The one with his hand on the rudder.

2 Likes

Thanks so much! Going to watch it now. B… bu… but I LIKED flying across SW! I miss flying so much! :frowning: I’m on the wrong toon to be posting this , aren’t I… just noticed. So sorry. I’m a tad bit slow sometimes. >.< I don’t know why it just picks a random toon of mine every time I log in. Geez.

1 Like

waves hand

Forget it. Normally I dont do the armory thing but this guy was the exception.

1 Like

Never heard of alts, have you?

I remember getting flying and just going straight up to see all of SW spread below me for the very first time. /nostalgic sigh

And now that you mention it…does the portal room mean even SW will feel abandoned, with nobody needing to venture anywhere but the mage tower and the trade district? :frowning:

1 Like

Glad you are enjoying it so far, what did you decide to play?

The current dev team of WoW could learn a lot from FF14. Been playing it ever since I cancelled my WoW sub, and I think I’ll be regretting my promise to come back to WoW in 8.2 to finish pathfinder part 2, especially since I have the sneaking suspiscion that the achievment will be timegated like the content releases in Broken Shore were. Even more so regretting it now with the portal removals.

You see, Blizzard, or rather, the current dev team, you’ve lost a customer, or rather another customer, due to your inability to see the customers point of view or listen to our feedback.

You can’t have a resonable discussion with someone/people that won’t listen to you, folks. And as they have so amply demonstrated, Blizzard hasn’t been listening to the players/customers of WoW for a very long time now. The best thing to do to be heard is UNSUBSCRIBE, if enough people do, we will finally be listened to.

And by listen to, I mean our concerns taken seriously instead of brushed off as they have been for the last 5 years.

Semper Fi! :us:

7 Likes

Female Arcanist Elezen, for now anyway.
“Minnie Damoocher” on Coeurl, if that helps too.
Link up over there if we can :slight_smile:

1 Like

This is a terrible, terrible, terrible justification of this decision when you, yourself, state that you have over 5000 people telling you that removing the portals is going to have the exact opposite effect to what you want.

You are saying you are removing the portals to make the world feel big.

We are telling you that REMOVING THE PORTALS MAKES THE WORLD FEEL SMALL BECAUSE IT HAS BECOME TOO INCONVENIENT TO TRAVEL TO OLD CONTENT, THUS WE ARE FORCED TO ONLY PLAY IN THE NEW ZONES THAT YOU WANT US TO PLAY IN.

A portal to every major capital in the game, in that portal room, along with a caverns of time portal will NOT diminish the worlds size. It will help the world FEEL like it has meaningful size, because players will be encouraged to travel TO THE REST OF THE WORLD, not just six zones.

On top of that, you consistently state you want to encourage players to travel with their mounts… but there are plenty of us that STILL DO, despite portals… What you are doing is making the world feel SMALLER because you are removing CHOICE. You are NOT encouraging the world to feel big at all.

You are encouraging it to feel like SIX ZONES and a SINGLE capital as EVERYONE is filtered through the one city.

You

Are

Making

A

Dead

And

Empty

TINY

World.

At this point, it truly is the “You think you do, but you don’t” All over again.

WE KNOW what makes the world feel real and alive and BIG, to us… the gamers…

14 Likes

One he’s a returning player from his history then boost to current 110 .He think this is a bad effect on the game ,which is a strange view ,unless his toon is meant for trolling,etc.<opinion

1 Like

Not the same server, but we are on the same data center so we can group up to do dungeons and the like. “Loara Loa” on Cactuar is mine.

Oh yeah, I have plenty.

All of them with achieves and gameplay going back to 2010. Eight years. Id say I am in a far better position to make that call than he or she is.

Not that I care.

Fact that may have escaped you:

All the things that Blizzard says are bad for an MMO…are things that OTHER MMO’s dont see as a problem and use successfully.

Appear offline. Took Blizzard five years. Comms systems all the way back to ICQ had it as default programming in the 90’s.

Teleport systems: Well, from what I can see of FF14…and btw thats where I will be for at least the next year or longer, have been successfully incorporated into gameplay seamlessly.

Flight: Again, other MMO’s seem to be able to do it… …yet, and heres what you may be missing…NONE of them seem to have the issues or problems Blizzard says they cause.

Why is that, I wonder?

9 Likes

I can just as easily say that there’s nothing fact-based or logical about your position that the travel time bump will have a measurable effect on one’s ability to farm old content. That your argument is entirely emotional, triggered by “they took something away from me!”

I do not wish to go down that route, and have not done so. You on the other hand…

The games content, while plentiful, is painfully dull. People have been saying they don’t have anything fun to do (not that they don’t have ANYTHING to do), and yet you introduce a change that is glaringly a tedious change for players that substitutes tedious for content. The only reason you want the world to feel “bigger” is because large empty areas show the lack of players in the game that are left.

The continued evidence that this expansion has been done through cut corners and a pure lack of QA has been the bugs that continue to plague the game, the complete lack of item sets, and the unimaged art of those sets as they effectively all look the same. This “change” won’t help fix the problems you have with player retention.

4 Likes

lmao give me a break. achievement points (which don’t mean ****) does not give you a better position on anything bub. Only sweaty neckbeards think achievements mean anything.

It will mean more lag for me… I hardly ever go to SW to use the AH. I have been this week though, because of the Dark Moon Faire. But usually, I will go to IF because there is less lag.

shrug

Note that you havent actually addressed what Io said either.

Question stands.

1 Like

I’m going to miss being able to kite from Shrine to Paw’don, then take the Paw’don portal to right outside the Dwarf district, where I can use the AH and bank in peace. I don’t have lag issues, I just hate the crowd packed in the Trade District courtyard.

2 Likes

Yeah this is probably what’s bothered me most about WoW lately. Every other MMO has evolved with the typical “MMO” playerbase over the years. Blizzard is intent on sticking in the past for some reason. Outdated character models, outdated customization, lots of unnecessary transmog restrictions, no quick travel, charging out the butt for character services (although I think ESO is similar), no housing, restrictions on flying. Etc…

Aren’t they separating classic and retail for a reason??

9 Likes