Rearranging and Removing Portals

When Blizzard will say things like, “we did listen to your feedback, and many players were happy with what we implemented!” he’s the ‘many players’ they’re talking about.

5 Likes

Maybe. All of his replies feel like that guy on social media that has a personal crusade to change everyone’s mind about politics. I’m sure it’s just me though.

2 Likes

Unfortunately, it isn’t just you lol

I get the point of what is going on, but you’re attempting to make old content feel “alive” that’s only relevant to people who are leveling. But what makes no sense is that a decade almost of this going on, now it seems like the right time.

I’d like to point out as well that these portals are to neutral areas, with both Horde and Alliance plopping into there so I can only imagine of how well War Mode is going to go, and I’m not talking about low level world PvP.

Honestly it feels incredibly unnecessary to get rid of the older portals, but I feel this is another one of those “you think you do, but you don’t” situations. But just like Master Looter being removed, this is another situation that I just go “what was the point?”.

5 Likes

I was thinking back to the GCD, yeah. And a lot recently in general.

The time to remove stuff for the sake of “lodestars,” has long come and gone. This didn’t need to happen and doesn’t really change much of anything for the stated goals.

The game is old. They need to focus on adding, not subtracting. They clearly haven’t.

Do you “defend” Blizzard for all changes WoW customers provide negative feedback on?

8 Likes

My favorite so far. Hasn’t been added to the official patch notes in the thread yet…

In order to promote a greater sense of a “living, breathing world,” we’re replacing the term “Major Cities” with “current patch quest hub.” All features previously found in Major Cities will now be located exclusively in the CPQH, including auction houses, barbershops, transmogs, guild vendors, trainers, and portals. Characters must reach lvl 110 in order to see portals, boats, zepplins, and other slow-moving transports that access these areas. We think this will provide a greater sense of accomplishment, and ensure everyone is exactly where we want them. WM is now toggled from the Inn in Goldshire.

6 Likes

And something we’ve mentioned to you many times is that this extra time will add up. Something you keep deliberately ignoring so you can keep pretending to have a point.

4 Likes

Negligibly.

1 Like

Not negligibly and you know it. You are purposefully underestimating how much time this will take up so you can keep annoying people. You have yet to provide anything meaningful to this discussion, go find another thread to harass people.

12 Likes

Just your option on what is Negligible. Please don’t assume your opinion is shared be everyone, or that your opinion is fact.

10 Likes

At some point, the number of alts a players runs on these new routes, will make the total extra time more than negligible. I have 2 chars I play, and a third otw with Zandalari. So I’d agree with you, the extra few min if I was taking all 3 of my characters wouldn’t be a big issue.

For some players who do these runs on 15, 20, 30 alts, that extra time then begins to add up. You can disagree with some things, but you can’t flatly deny that added time, in every possible scenario, is not negligible. Also, your threshold(s) for tedium & irritability are different from others’. Take all that into account when replying to generalized terms.

3 Likes

Yes. Yes it is.

9 Likes

You’re correct.
Some of us have memories.

4 Likes

The other point that needs to be made is different people have different limits on their game time due to real life responsibilities.

Losing 6 minutes game time to forced increases in flight path time for a person that has 60 minutes max play time a day is a 10% lose of game time. Which is exactly what this change is about. Reduce content consumption to extend subscriptions.

8 Likes

So essentially I’m going from player to transportation guy

3 Likes

How much for a port to Legion Dalaran? I’ll need a minimum 25 ports a day. LMK.

2 Likes

If all of the portals being removed from elsewhere are included in the Stormwind and Orgrimmar portal rooms, this will be manageable.

HOWEVER. I think you are wrong to ignore the massive amount of player displeasure. You should simply restore all the portals that have ever been removed: Shattrath, Dalaran (Northrend), The Vale, and NOT remove them from Dalaran (Broken Isles).

All you are doing here is to convince players–your paying customers–that you consider what the vast majority of them want to be irrelevant.

11 Likes

Fixed it for you. You’re unique, and Blizzard loves you. ARE YOU NOT HAVING FUN IN THIS NEW LARGER WORLD?!

4 Likes

Flight paths “trivializes” game play. Actually it removes it.

1 Like